This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
    I'm not sure if the name Alison Porter actually reveals anything about the character, but I'd really love to see an Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or any other ethnically diverse character added to the team, (if they really need a new face). And I know Rachel and Jason fit this def, but on the show they are aliens. I'd like to see some Earth variety too.
    Her original name was supposed to be Joanne Taylor, but the producers were afraid that "Taylor" and "Teyla" sounded too much alike and would cause some confusion if the names came up in rapid conversation:

Regarding Search and Rescue - we’ve changed Taylor’s name to avoid having it confused with “Teyla” in rapidfire conversation. First name Alison. Last name Porter. We’ll see if that sticks.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...www-schnitzel/

Comment

Whatever happened to that cute Japanese girl who walked into the control room with Daniel during the predeparture scene in Rising? Or the few Germans we saw carrying P90s in the hallway leading into the gateroom? I think they should have stayed cutoff from Earth. That way they would have only the expedition members to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
        Why couldn't the just have brought back Cadman, we already like her.
        That's the very same thing I thought when I first heard of this new character!

I'll wait to see what kind of character this Captain Porter is, but something tells me that she's going to be a Vala-toned-down kind of character, to take Teyla's place in some missions... and I'm not very sure how I feel about it, but 'happy' is not the word

Anyway, I must repeat that maybe, instead of a new character (with so many changes, a lot of people won't admit a newbie so well, specially if he/she has a important role, in this case, something like that character appearing on screen/having more episodes than Lorne, for example), it would be better reintroducing a SGA well-liked character, and with so much potential as Cadman.

Anyway, as for the moment we really don't know anything... let's just wait for what's to come

Comment

My opinion on this topic won't be popular... please forgive me!!

I actually like the abundance of, and ever-increasing amount of, characters in SGA. To me, that helps set it apart from SG-1. SG-1 was about the "team dynamic", which I loved. SGA seems to be going in a different direction. While I agree that character development has seen some sacrifices, I like how the Atlantis community in and of itself is practically a character at this point.

To me, SGA "reads" much like a Stephen King novel. I don't mean to say SG-1 is like horror, what I mean is that King has a massive amount of main characters to the point that you are familiar with the whole community by the time the novel is done. It's almost epic in scope. SGA comes across to me in the same way at this point... less about the team, more about the community as a whole, maybe in a sort of Battlestar Galactica sense.

Do they do it successfully? Yes in some respects, no in others, but it remains to be seen if adding more will ruin the "community" dynamic.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I think she might serve a duel purpose. A person from the military with advanced tech skills and military strategy/combat skill. Pretty much the new Carter.

Remember Carter started out as a Captain. haha.

: Green is Good.
            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Who will play her? Which actress would you like to see in this new regular / recurring role?

I think they should have found out a better name. Carter-Keller-Porter sound a little weird after each other.
              "look for a recently canceled scifi show and TPTB will pick it's bones for the season 5 cast
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Personally, I hope she's 6 ft tall, built like a tank, and is ready to take out any dude who even looks at her funny...Amazon Ali!

Comment

Originally posted by Repli!kat View Post
                  Personally, I hope she's 6 ft tall, built like a tank, and is ready to take out any dude who even looks at her funny...Amazon Ali!
                  so a female version of ronon
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    With dreads!
                    sigpic

Comment

With dreads!
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

With dreads!
                        LMAO!

Comment

Maybe she's Woolsey's assistant?
                          sigpic

Comment

As others have said i really hope she isnt American or Canadian. Im hoping she is from a country like England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand but i suppose im asking too much as we all know that only Americans make good soldiers

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              Hmm sounds nice to me.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

I do hope she doesn't turn into a female Ford. And yeah, I'm not crazy about the name either. The only other TV Allison I know I absolutely can't stand. Hopefully that's not true here.
                                Yea that would suck, then ford couldn't come back

Ford was great, why say otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X