This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    There seems to be an effort to keep the same female/male ratio, but in these last 2 changes (maybe more?) one female has left (for whatever reason) and they've been replaced by a female who is much younger. Why aren't any of the women replaced by somebody in their mid-late 30s, or heaven forbid, 40s.

I'm not even going to venture into any older-aged women characters making an appearance. I know that would TOTALLY destroy the show

Now, I'm sure the actress playing Porter is a very nice woman. She probably deserves a chance at the role. And, I hope the character brings a lot to the show.

But, my goodness, could the producers be any more transparent in what they are doing?
    I know saeriously!! I mean next thing ya know they will be casting children who will be playing child scientist prodigies! There is nothing wrong with replacing female characters with female characters but talk about proving that aging in tv is a no no! People on tv are already beautiful but you don't have flood a program with them! Ya know there are non gorgeous people out there who are in the military too
    Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
    &=AWESOME &Forever
    No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

There seems to be an effort to keep the same female/male ratio, but in these last 2 changes (maybe more?) one female has left (for whatever reason) and they've been replaced by a female who is much younger. Why aren't any of the women replaced by somebody in their mid-late 30s, or heaven forbid, 40s.
      well they replaced Weir with Carter who are about the same age. however that was probably because of AT's contract and involvement in the franchise

I'm not even going to venture into any older-aged women characters making an appearance. I know that would TOTALLY destroy the show
      some may really think that. I don't. it always depends on the characters and how they're written. and just so you know my favorite character is Carter and she's probably in her late 30s

Now, I'm sure the actress playing Porter is a very nice woman. She probably deserves a chance at the role. And, I hope the character brings a lot to the show.
      I hope so too

But, my goodness, could the producers be any more transparent in what they are doing?
      I think there were several reasons to bring in this new Captain. the focus should be on character development imo but I won't mind if she's good-looking. but hey I'm a guy...
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        ...the focus should be on character development imo but I won't mind if she's good-looking. but hey I'm a guy...
        My point exactly

Comment

My point exactly
          yeah sorry that's just the way it is. but I think I made clear that this is just one aspect imo, TBTB should consider a lot more than just good looks. whether they do or don't IDK
          sigpic

Comment

I think there were several reasons to bring in this new Captain. the focus should be on character development imo but I won't mind if she's good-looking. but hey I'm a guy...
            Well on the other side....if the new character was a hot guy, I would be in the same frame of mind you are
            &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
              Well on the other side....if the new character was a hot guy, I would be in the same frame of mind you are
              I bet you would seriously though I hope she'll bring more than just her good looks to the show. but that sure never hurts
              sigpic

Comment

I bet you would seriously though I hope she'll bring more than just her good looks to the show. but that sure never hurts
                Of course not And I am sure she will bring more to the show than just her looks...I doubt they would have hired her if it weren't the case LOL
                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Of course not And I am sure she will bring more to the show than just her looks...I doubt they would have hired her if it weren't the case LOL
                  yeah that's what I'm thinking too, at least I hope so
                  sigpic

Comment

This woman makes sex with zombies hot.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                      This woman makes sex with zombies hot.
                      Had much sex with zombies in order to know?
                      &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Had much sex with zombies in order to know?
                        She isnt afraid of showing some skin, or all of it in the case of the photo's i saw

Comment

from JM's blog
                          Suekay writes: “Would the actress in mind for Porter happen to be Leela Savasta or am I totally wrong?”

Answer: Porter’s out. Vega’s in. And, yes, Leela Savasta has been cast.
                          sigpic

Comment

from JM's blog
                            OK....so, we need to either change the title of this thread, or start a new one. There apparently IS going to be a Doctor Allison Porter, but Leela Savasta is playing Captain Alicia Vega. From JM's blog:

The character in Search and Rescue has been changed to Captain Alicia Vega. Now DOCTOR Allison Porter will be making her debut in Whispers
                            Wow. How many new female characters are we getting this year?
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              OK....so, we need to either change the title of this thread, or start a new one. There apparently IS going to be a Doctor Allison Porter, but Leela Savasta is playing Captain Alicia Vega. From JM's blog:

Wow. How many new female characters are we getting this year?
                              I think it's only two. so Vega will only appear in S&R while the Doc's the new recurring character. at least that's how I understand Joe's comments
                              sigpic

Comment

I think it's only two. so Vega will only appear in S&R while the Doc's the new recurring character. at least that's how I understand Joe's comments
                                But we've also got the new tech from Quarantine - Amelia Taylor. And by the way, what's with the A names? Amelia, Alicia, Alison?

I'm guessing not all of these, if any, will be recurring characters on the level of Lorne and Zelenka.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X