Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
    Why? It shouldnt be that hard.
    for current SGA TPTB, it's impossible
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Why? It shouldnt be that hard.
      It is. I'd say Lost has some of the best writing on TV, but they can't do it...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        It is. I'd say Lost has some of the best writing on TV, but they can't do it...
        Lost was painful to watch sometimes from a Australians point of view. A large portion of the flashbacks were set in Australia and i dont think i heard a proper Australia accent in the first 3 seasons (though Claire's wasnt too bad). Some of the others were truely cringe worthy.

Some accents are easier to do than others and for the countries where accents are hard to copy (Australian, New Zealand, South African, English) they should use actors who grew up in those countries to make sure that what they are getting is a accurate depiction of a countries accent.

From my perspective i have NEVER EVER heard a American (or Canadian) pull of a Australian accent which even sounded remotely realistic. They just cant do it and they shouldnt even try. They should just hire actors who actually have the accent they want.

Comment

Oh I don't know, I often hear pre pubescent yanks on xbox live trying to do the English accent (because it's obviously so offensive to us if they ask would we like some tea and crumpets in a british accent) and they often manage to accidentally do an Australian accent

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
            Oh I don't know, I often hear pre pubescent yanks on xbox live trying to do the English accent (because it's obviously so offensive to us if they ask would we like some tea and crumpets in a british accent) and they often manage to accidentally do an Australian accent
            sorry, but
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Some accents are easier to do than others and for the countries where accents are hard to copy (Australian, New Zealand, South African, English) they should use actors who grew up in those countries to make sure that what they are getting is a accurate depiction of a countries accent.
              I fully agree

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X