X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Just imagine his interaction with McKay
    McKay would spend 5 minutes coming up with a solution to a problem & Daniel would already have one & hed just sit there trying to get McKay to hush but we all know how McKay is & eventually Daniel would just give up LOL

Comment

Daniel would be....

Honestly, I can't make up my mind what I would think about that. I look at it one way and I think I could never see Daniel in that role, and then I look at it a different way, and I think, maybe...yeah, it's possible.

Daniel IS the only SG-1 character they've been dropping hints about bringing over - on the other hand, I was pretty sure it was just for one episode. So.... I don't think it's going to happen. Plus, Daniel is a civilian as well.

You know, the more we talk about this and the more I think about it, I'm starting to think pretty much the only two people I would have a fit about leading are Landry and Sheppard. Caldwell - I'm getting used to the idea. Same for Woolsey. Neither's ideal, but I think I could deal.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

What about some of the recurring random officers from SG1? Like what's his name that was introduced the episode where the aliens make holograms out of them? Obviously I forget his name.
        sigpic

Comment

The first person that comes to my mind is Daniel. That would also be a possible reason to not announce it till monday...give a few days for the leemings to adjust.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

IT'S HERMIOD!!! The little bugger's been hiding aboard the Daedalus ever since he got the "Come home dear, mass suicide tonight" message from his parents.

Comment

Reinstate Weir please. ~_~

I could handle Caldwell. Sheppard would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                Yeah, but...COME ON! It really gets tiresome.
                No, it isn't. It'll be awesome.

I also see what he's saying, but, still, this is SGA. It's still an action.adventure sci-fi show. I watch for entertainment and I'm all for conflict, but the whole "hidden agenda/politics getting in the way" gets old REALLY fast. I don't want a season of that. I always hated the Trust episodes on SG-1. I get bored with politics in sci-fi shows. So sue me...
                Perhaps I worded it badly. Forget the "hidden agenda" angle. The agenda is fully opened: the IOA has now a...beachhead at Atlantis, let's say. It will be clear to everyone that they intend to interfere with the goings-ons at the base.

And it won't be political, because the guy playing the "bad guy" in this case will be a character we all know about. In other words, it won't just be a bunch of stuffed-shirts talking down to our heroes, which is the typical politics stuff in Stargate. No, it will be Woolsey, someone who we have a handle on, and someone portrayed by the great Robert Picardo. I didn't like the Trust stuff either, but then, they're always dealing with random bad dudes. That's not fun. But, when you have an established antagonist, the conflict is indeed facinating to watch. Stargate has never had this before, at least not for any extended period of time.

Comment

oh no
                  please don't let it be Woolsey

you know what would be cool? if they bring an Ancient to lead the expedition

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    No, it isn't. It'll be awesome.

Perhaps I worded it badly. Forget the "hidden agenda" angle. The agenda is fully opened: the IOA has now a...beachhead at Atlantis, let's say. It will be clear to everyone that they intend to interfere with the goings-ons at the base.

And it won't be political, because the guy playing the "bad guy" in this case will be a character we all know about. In other words, it won't just be a bunch of stuffed-shirts talking down to our heroes, which is the typical politics stuff in Stargate. No, it will be Woolsey, someone who we have a handle on, and someone portrayed by the great Robert Picardo. I didn't like the Trust stuff either, but then, they're always dealing with random bad dudes. That's not fun. But, when you have an established antagonist, the conflict is indeed facinating to watch. Stargate has never had this before, at least not for any extended period of time.
                    I disagree, but...to each his own. I don't think that Woolsey being an established, regular character would change too much the fact that it's still damn politics. I mean, how many times could he and Shep go at it in the same manner before it gets boring?
                    "I want to rescue X"
                    "No, too dangerous, can't sanction it"

"These people need our help"
                    "Nope, they're no use to us and it would be an unnecessary risk"

"I want to make love to a beautiful space pirate woman"
                    "No, space STD's are against regulations"

COME ON!!!!!

Comment

^^^ You make a good point PG-15 but I don’t think people could handle him for an extended period of time. I don't mind the part Woolsey plays, but if he was in too many episodes i'd go nuts..
                      sigpic

Comment

I disagree, but...to each his own. I don't think that Woolsey being an established, regular character would change too much the fact that it's still damn politics. I mean, how many times could he and Shep go at it in the same manner before it gets boring?
                        "I want to rescue X"
                        "No, too dangerous, can't sanction it"

"These people need our help"
                        "Nope, they're no use to us and it would be an unnecessary risk"

"I want to make love to a beautiful space pirate woman"
                        "No, space STD's are against regulations"

COME ON!!!!!
                        Please. Half the fun is in how they'll do those things anyway.

Well, whatever. All I want is for some kind of difference with this new commander. I want some more conflict, more disagreements, more of an "oppressed" vibe from the team. If you guys want the same old, same old commander who treat everyone nicely and listen to their suggestions and that whole "everyone is one big happy family" thing, then go ahead. If this comes to pass, I'll watch it with an open mind, just like I always do, instead of anticipation if there was a promise of much-needed conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                          oh no
                          please don't let it be Woolsey

you know what would be cool? if they bring an Ancient to lead the expedition
                          Yeah...
                          I can see it now...

Two random scientists walking down the hallways of Atlantis.
                          Gary: Hey, what's that?
                          Barry: What, that CLOSET?
                          Gary: Yup.
                          Barry: Never noticed that before. Oh, look, a stasis pod. With a frozen Ancient inside. Good for 11,000 years.
                          Gary: Get McKay!
                          McKay: Yes, obviously, the time flux was inadvertently altered when the solar flare struck M3X-776 and caused the Whangels to fly into the event horizon of a black hole, which led to the singularity collapsing and creating this brand new stasis pod.
                          Ronon:........
                          Zelenka: Rodney, you can't possibly be serious!
                          John: Is she hot?
                          McKay: It's a he.
                          John: Oh...Alright then, he can be our leader!!!

Comment

What about Lorne?
                            sigpic

Comment

I would love it to be Caldwell. That would make my day. The other character I would be just as happy with is Daniel, but I really don't see that happening. It would be way too much like rotating SG-1 members in to lead Atlantis.

The one character I would be unhappy to see lead Atlantis is Sheppard.

Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to be seeking out the cast news on Monday or cut myself off from every Stargate-related website until season 5 starts so the new commander will be a surprise to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                                I would love it to be Caldwell. That would make my day.
                                Me too in all honesty. He was my favourite character since s2, but I don't want to get too hopefull. OTOH I'm not sure if I'd enjoy him as much if he was 'grounded' without command of the Daedalus.

I think part of his appeal is, he knows what he's doing with his ship and seems confident and capable in battle. Would that translate well too running Atlantis? I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X