This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: vaberella...
    Didn't Rodney have to reactivate the nanites? She was inert. If the Asurans could have remote reactivated her and if she was a potential threat, the evil and ruthless military and politicians would have pulled her out immediately for study and imprisonment or destruction. Or restricted her flow of info and observed her.

Woolsey's the annoying coward who'll stand up for what's right in the end. Eventually. Just like Rodney.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      Today? How is today different than any other day around here?
      *Snort*

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
        Here's something I can agree with.

I personally think it's the worst Trek (sorry, Voyager fans), but ironically enough, I kept watching in large part due to Robert Picardo. I think he's pretty much brilliant and I loved his character. But Woolsey certainly isn't the Doctor, so at this point I'm not thrilled.
        I agree. Woolsey is not my fav choice however I do like the character so I do have faith.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          You are quite correct. But he still made the decision to go over her head. If he had been in charge, would he have deferred to Shep's decision (military decision) or made his own.
          Hard to say.

I think he learned something that day and might not be as quick to disregard a military decision, but I don't think he'll just cave to Sheppard every time. In fact, I'm counting on the disagreement.
          Same here. That conflict will be interesting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            I agree. Woolsey is not my fav choice however I do like the character so I do have faith.
            I was pulling for Caldwell; I wanted to see how Sheppard would react to a much more by-the-book commander than either Weir (civilian) or Carter (freethinking SG-1 member).

But I'll take Woolsey - a different kind of conflict, but conflict nonetheless

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              Why is everyone being so cruel today?

As for Weir's nanites as making her possibly contaminated/compromised, what better way to feed the Asurans false info. Imagine how angry she'd be if they had fed her a load of bull as a decoy and she wasn't compromised? That would have been even more interesting for her anti-IOA stance and thoughts on stepping down.
              And how many times has SG1 swapped bodies/minds/realities? If there was any chance there was even the slightest problem, Jack'd be so deep under Area 51 it wouldn't be funny. Same thing with the head of Atlantis. The whole thing between her and the IOA was just to tick her off and make her want to leave so they could shoehorn in their own person and, IMO, she had every right to be angry.

Watching Woolsey run the gauntlet of being the IOA's whipping boy while still trying to effectively manage/micromanage Atlantis and her crew should be interesting. Where do his loyalties ultimately lie? So far, with the people and not the political agendas.
              When that happened none of them were in charge at the time and they were put in isolation until they were cured. Are you actually suggesting Weir should remain in charge when we know the replicator's are capable of taking her over how unsafe for Atlantis that would be not to mention giving them the keys to take over the city and it is a mute point because Weir is part replicator now plus I like that story with the actress better than when she was in command of Atlantis she was a weak leader never stood up to Sheppard and always listened to Rodney even when he turned out to be wrong.
              sigpic
              Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

This season will be interesting with Woosley in charge now.
                http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
                  I was pulling for Caldwell; I wanted to see how Sheppard would react to a much more by-the-book commander than either Weir (civilian) or Carter (freethinking SG-1 member).

But I'll take Woolsey - a different kind of conflict, but conflict nonetheless
                  As was I. However Woolsey is the best choice besides him. Ellis, Shep,Hammond or Landry just wouldn't work as much as seeing Hammond would be nice. I am looking forward to the conflict between Woolsey and Shepard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                    I look forward to the first conversations between Shep/Woolsey and McKay/Woolsey:

Shep: Why are we out of ammo?
                    W: You're not out, just limited. *looks at file* You're supposed to be an excellent marksman. Can't you use fewer bullets per Wraith?
                    Shep: grrrrrrrr

McKay: What do you mean I can't have the (technospeak)?! I need it for our battle against the Wraith!
                    W: That's what you said about the (techno #1) and the (techno #2), but with little to no results. *looks at file* And how does an orthopedic mattress help us defeat the Wraith?
                    McKay: It's...it's...it's for my back. I need a good night's sleep to be at my best.
                    ROFL that's was great yeah the possibilities are endless.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                      When that happened none of them were in charge at the time and they were put in isolation until they were cured. Are you actually suggesting Weir should remain in charge when we know the replicator's are capable of taking her
                      Not at all, but as I remember it, the nanites were inert. If the IOA believed she was a threat, I doubt Weir would have fought to hold on in the face of possibly betraying her people and the expedition.

I wonder when Woolsey'll get his first body swap?
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Not at all, but as I remember it, the nanites were inert. If the IOA believed she was a threat, I doubt Weir would have fought to hold on in the face of possibly betraying her people and the expedition.

I have to agree. There was no evidence that she was a threat at that point.

Comment

She chose to stay behind so she could distract the replicator guy forgot his name and just the fact she was able to connect to him speaks volumes about the inertness of those nannites maybe not directly but she was compromised plus evil Weir will be a cool new enemy just wait and see. I don't think she would have compromised the mission that is why she was so upset when she found out what they did. Plus without her they would have never been able to defeat the replicators made a great storyline and BAMSR was an excellent episode!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X