X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to most likely be....

Dah dah...........

Spoiler:

I don't think Mitch is doing any series at the moment. Plus he outranks Sheppard and would be a perfect fit. I think even better than Carter
    sigpic

Comment

How bout Siler or Dr. Lee? Or Anise/Freya? Or Chuck? Or <insert ancillary character here>?

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        How bout Siler or Dr. Lee? Or Anise/Freya? Or Chuck? Or <insert ancillary character here>?
        I found Dr.Lee annoying in his Atlantis show up last night. I think they are trying way to hard with him. Id rather have Zelenka as Commander then him.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
          I found Dr.Lee annoying in his Atlantis show up last night. I think they are trying way to hard with him. Id rather have Zelenka as Commander then him.
          Well my post was in jest. Seriously, Caldwell, Ellis, and Woosley are the only characters that have been mentioned that I think are realistic possibilities. Of those, Caldwell would be my choice.

Perfecto!

Comment

Well my post was in jest. Seriously, Caldwell, Ellis, and Woosley are the only characters that have been mentioned that I think are realistic possibilities. Of those, Caldwell would be my choice.
            Caldwell is the best choice. Remember "The Intruder"? Weir stuck up for Sheppard and told Landry and the IOA that he was the best man for the job. They were already looking at Caldwell to take Col Sumners place. So it would make sense to go back to Caldwell. I loved the tension between him and Sheppard, and him and Weir. I think the show will be even better with him as commander of Atlantis.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              And it won't be political, because the guy playing the "bad guy" in this case will be a character we all know about. In other words, it won't just be a bunch of stuffed-shirts talking down to our heroes, which is the typical politics stuff in Stargate. No, it will be Woolsey, someone who we have a handle on, and someone portrayed by the great Robert Picardo. I didn't like the Trust stuff either, but then, they're always dealing with random bad dudes. That's not fun. But, when you have an established antagonist, the conflict is indeed facinating to watch. Stargate has never had this before, at least not for any extended period of time.
              Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              All I want is for some kind of difference with this new commander. I want some more conflict, more disagreements, more of an "oppressed" vibe from the team. If you guys want the same old, same old commander who treat everyone nicely and listen to their suggestions and that whole "everyone is one big happy family" thing, then go ahead. If this comes to pass, I'll watch it with an open mind, just like I always do, instead of anticipation if there was a promise of much-needed conflict.
              Conflict could be achieved with Woolsey or Caldwell. Ellis wasn’t a factor back in the time of the short list, so, IMO, he’s not in contention and I don’t like him at all.

Woolsey would work, if he came as the administrative civilian head. That could leave Sheppard back as Military Commander. Since they are at war with the Wraith, that could leave him in charge of making most of the interesting decisions, but not prevent him from being a team leader the way he’s always been. Woolsey could be in the background or out of the picture until he is needed for some conflict/drama/humor. That might make the IOA and the military both happy. I like Woolsey and RP, but wouldn’t want him in every episode or very prominent often.

Caldwell could bring a mixture of conflict and respect. He is military and I think Atlantis should be militarized (they’ve never actually said it was). He could be interesting. He must have gained respect for Sheppard et.al., since the S2 when he didn’t think Sheppard could be trusted to follow orders or be a commander. But Caldwell would still be a by-the-book and hands-on commander. That could make for some interesting friction.

I really liked the fact that Sheppard and Carter had instant rapport. It was nice to see leaders with similar backgrounds that respected each other’s abilities. I’m sorry we’re losing that. I can’t ever see that with Woolsey, obviously. I don’t think Sheppard will ever be comfortable with Caldwell, either, but the respect between them could grow.

I don’t see the leader being female. We have been female leader’d to death on this show. It just not reasonable. I agree with the previous assessments that Capt. Porter is the female balance (and I hope brings some additional abilities to the mix)

So, Caldwell seems to be the likely candidate.

I do hope they make it a temporary or interim assignment. I actually can see the leader changing from time to time to keep things ‘shook up.’ I don’t want Sheppard as Leader permanently, but I like him as a temporary leader from time to time. I loved his being leader in Adrift.
              Originally posted by nobycane View Post
              Woolsey...... this is a nice option for the IOA, and just about everyone cannot stand him in the first place. Not to mention over time, he has earned a little respect from SGC, and has began to wise up a little...compassion has finally set in over the years. His character has certainly developed...I can see Tayla being his second in command here.
              I can’t see Teyla ever being in the chain of command at all, she’s an alien, but her acting as Woolsey’s aide and advisor about all things Pegasus would work for a while. Capt. Porter could join the team for a period of time. I think the team really needs a new member that will bring different talents and expertise, even if only intermittently.
              sigpic

Comment

The only thing with Ellis is he said himself that John should be the run Commanding Atlantis so I would think Ellis would put in a good word for John.
                Last edited by JohnRico; 02 February 2008, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Personally I think it will be Daniel, a civilian very familiar with the military and the world's foremost expert of the Ancients. Hasn't it been a long running theme that Daniel almost always misses his trips to Atlantis. Well this time, he'll come back to lead it.

The way Joe terms his announcement, we know it's going to be someone known, and someone significant within the sg universe. By process of elimination, you need a leader who can work with the military (not a wimp like Woolsey) and someone well versed in Ancient tech/culture. You get Daniel.
                  Check out Stargate Quantum Wars!
                  http://quantumgate.stargatewars.com/...d=hb1111394599

Comment

The more I think about PG15's Woolsey idea, the more sold on it I'm getting. I think I would actually like that better than Caldwell. I have a feeling they'll stay with military, but it'd be nice to go back to a civilian leader (effectively putting Shep back in charge of the military), and Woolsey would certainly shake things up. I didn't think I would like having him around all the time, but the more I think about the possibilities, the more I think it could work.....
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EnterTheLion View Post
                      Personally I think it will be Daniel, a civilian very familiar with the military and the world's foremost expert of the Ancients. Hasn't it been a long running theme that Daniel almost always misses his trips to Atlantis. Well this time, he'll come back to lead it.

The way Joe terms his announcement, we know it's going to be someone known, and someone significant within the sg universe. By process of elimination, you need a leader who can work with the military (not a wimp like Woolsey) and someone well versed in Ancient tech/culture. You get Daniel.

Y'all are starting to convince me that Daniel is actually a possibility. I wonder.....
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        The more I think about PG15's Woolsey idea, the more sold on it I'm getting. I think I would actually like that better than Caldwell. I have a feeling they'll stay with military, but it'd be nice to go back to a civilian leader (effectively putting Shep back in charge of the military), and Woolsey would certainly shake things up. I didn't think I would like having him around all the time, but the more I think about the possibilities, the more I think it could work.....
                        The problem with Woosley being in charge is that he is a civillian. I thought they got rid of Weir because they wanted a military person leading the expedition. As a Weir fan I would be annoyed if a civillian came aboard, since it was the major reason for Weir's removal by TPTB.

BTW, what is with this idea of Daniel leading? Sure if they want to try and understand and compromise with the Wraith. So um who here compromises with their food?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          The problem with Woosley being in charge is that he is a civillian. I thought they got rid of Weir because they wanted a military person leading the expedition. As a Weir fan I would be annoyed if a civillian came aboard, since it was the major reason for Weir's removal by TPTB.
                          Well, I said that earlier too. But I've been thinking about that. Did they ever actually say that, or was that fan justification for bringing Sam in?
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

I am inclined not to bet against both PG15 and Darren when they think it'll be Woolsey, too. I think just going by the forums it would be a pretty contreversial change though.

Comment

Well, I said that earlier too. But I've been thinking about that. Did they ever actually say that, or was that fan justification for bringing Sam in?
                              Well, I think that was one of the reasons, the other was that they did not have a direction for Weir, or they did but being leader of Atlantis was not going to make sense with this direction.
                              sigpic

Comment

I didn't think so much would be happening here so fast. It's been a while since I posted at a quicker pace. I think Woolsey would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X