This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
    Yeah, but that would get really old, really fast...
    I disagree. I would very much like an extended antagonistic "storyline" between two characters that stretch throughout a season. Things aren't always peach-keen.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Yeeaahhh....but..... I'm all for some conflict, but I want to be able to respect the leader at least. I don't have much respect for Woolsey.
    Chances are, neither will the team. That's what'll make it fun to watch, IMHO.

I, too, would like to respect the leader, but to me, the "leader of the show" will always be the team leader. I respect Sheppard, just as I respected Jack (and to a lesser extent, Cam, as he wasn't exactly THE leader; still liked him though). But then, ever since Star Trek, I've been waiting for a leader who's not the "valiant boss" that we've been getting day-in-and-day-out. I want somebody different, someone who's there not to lead, but with other agendas in mind while he leads.

If it were Woolsey, then this could create a great side-arc for this season. Imagine that the reason Sam is being replaced as leader is because she made a tough decision that, although ended up resolving the situation at the end, created a great danger for Earth, or something (but she had no choice, say), and that the IOA, being the stuff-shirt buffoons that they are, decided to finally cut out the middle man and put in place as leader one of their own. The whole situation will leave a bad taste in the expedition's mouths, and create a lot of facinating conflicts that will be very entertaining to watch...IMHO.

If you want consequences for the team's actions so it's not always a happy-go-lucky trek through the gate, then this is one way to go.

Comment

You know, I only jokingly suggested Paul Davis, bu I really liked him. I'd love if he somehow at least guest starred in an episode...Maybe an episode that takes place on Earth or something...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        I disagree. I would very much like an extended antagonistic "storyline" between two characters that stretch throughout a season. Things aren't always peach-keen.
        Yeah, but...COME ON! It really gets tiresome.

Comment

Yeah, but...COME ON! It really gets tiresome.
          I agree. Although, I gotta say, I'm kinda starting to see PG15's vision too.....

Anyway, now that the civilian vs military angle has been raised, I really don't think they're going to go back to having a civilian leader.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Richard is definitely not a full time character & Commander of Atlantis ? He is a freaking wimp he would be hiding behind McKay & freaking out with McKay the next siege that happens.

Comment

Are there any more actors from Farscape to recycle? LOL

Ok, but we have to think about this rationally... an actor/actress that would be willing to set up shop in Vancouver. Possibly one already based out of there? I can't think of any... but then I was supposed to be in bed an hour ago before I found out all this!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I agree. Although, I gotta say, I'm kinda starting to see PG15's vision too.....

Anyway, now that the civilian vs military angle has been raised, I really don't think they're going to go back to having a civilian leader.
                I also see what he's saying, but, still, this is SGA. It's still an action.adventure sci-fi show. I watch for entertainment and I'm all for conflict, but the whole "hidden agenda/politics getting in the way" gets old REALLY fast. I don't want a season of that. I always hated the Trust episodes on SG-1. I get bored with politics in sci-fi shows. So sue me...

Comment

How sure are we that it's not RDA? JM has said they are very excited to get this person and also predicted the announcement would cause a lot of traffic on his blog. Seems to me it's got to be a major character.

Most of the names we've come up with don't make me want to rush over to JM's blog to complain or gush.

So I guess I'm stuck on the idea of RDA, although my choice would have been Hammond if that was possible. (Actually, it would have been Elizabeth at some point down the road, but there's no sense going there.)
                  sigpic
                  sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Jack Commanding Atlantis would be amazing. Imagine him trying to negotiate with the Genii

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                      How sure are we that it's not RDA? JM has said they are very excited to get this person and also predicted the announcement would cause a lot of traffic on his blog. Seems to me it's got to be a major character.

Most of the names we've come up with don't make me want to rush over to JM's blog to complain or gush.

So I guess I'm stuck on the idea of RDA, although my choice would have been Hammond if that was possible. (Actually, it would have been Elizabeth at some point down the road, but there's no sense going there.)
                      I doubt they could afford RDA.

Comment

Edit: Jack would be good but i really can't see it happening
                        Not that this would happen either and TPTB wouldn't even think of this character since its an unrealistic choice but personally i'd like to see what Maybourne would do in that position.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just can't imagine RDA coming back to the show for this much of a commitment. Plus, wouldn't that be a demotion for Jack, going from Head of Homeworld Security to base commander again?
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

I hope they don't feel compelled to add another female leader just because. My guess is it's going to be an already established character. The most likely I can think of is Caldwell, but i'm not sure I really want him as a leader. Ellis could be good I guess.. O'Neill & Hammond are at the top of my list but it doesn't seem too likely.

Even though I don't think that they'll go out of Atlantis for a character, i'd love to see Daniel. He's overdue for an appearance and I think he'd fit in great. Just imagine his interaction with McKay.
                            Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

I always hated the Trust episodes on SG-1. I get bored with politics in sci-fi shows. So sue me...
                              It won't be me sueing you....I hated the Trust storyline too. I'd rather leave the politics out as well.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                                Are there any more actors from Farscape to recycle? LOL
                                Not so much for leader, but they should certainly look into getting Wayne Pygram - excellent, excellent villain as Scorpius in Farscape and can handle the alien makeup. Would make one hell of a <insert species here> recurring bad guy. Also plays drums!

Comment

Working...
                                X