This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
    Only if those characters are replaced with more interesting characters. That didn't happen. I think they should cut their losses, dump the uninteresting new characters, Carter & Keller, and bring back Beckett and Weir. Atlantis needs its old dynamic back.
    ok that's your opinion. apparently a lot of fans disagree because the ratings are fine and the show's been renewed

EDIT: ah jelgate beat me to it
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      The only way for them is to erase everything they did after Sunday and that is not going to happen..
      Motion passed!! *looks around* Anyone? *sulk*
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

One problem tho. How can they bring the old dynamic back? Weir's era is gone. She was thrown out and she is smart enough to not come back. The only way for them is to erase everything they did after Sunday and that is not going to happen..

I take it you're talking about Torri, not Weir, in the bolded part.

I still want the character back, but I could understand if Torri didn't want to. I'd be disappointed from the point of view of being a viewer of the show, because her character was my favourite, but as a fan of Torri, I'd completely understand. Some management types need to learn people skills. Desperately.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Motion passed!! *looks around* Anyone? *sulk*
          Two people is better than none . I support you dear

Some management types need to learn people skills. Desperately.
          Money talks in this world and not people skills. Some people will sell their soul for money, guess TPTB did that and it backfired because they will not have a S6.

Comment

Money talks in this world and not people skills. Some people will sell their soul for money, guess TPTB did that and it backfired because they will not have a S6.
            dude if the ratings don't change in the back half there will most certainly be a s6!
            sigpic

Comment

Two people is better than none . I support you dear
              Yay!

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              dude if the ratings don't change in the back half there will most certainly be a s6!
              Shouldn't we first see what season 5 brings before we start dreaming of a 6th season. A lot can change before that moment.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, alot of people were saying they wouldn't have a season 5 when season 4 began... Guess that backfired!

I'd suggest you don't state as fact something that won't be decided for another 12 months. If it does get a season 6, and someone just so happens to remember what you said, they could bring it up and you could end up looking quite stupid.

For the record, I don't know which way it will go. Some people just seem to think it will definately be cancelled or it will definately continue based on their own deluded views. Fact is, it could go either way. The people who think it will certainly go one way or the other are kidding themselves.

I would be happy for it to end on 100 episodes and continue on as movies like SG-1, but I would love it to go further, season 6 and more. With the ratings holding steady, I'd say it is very hard to make any predictions at this point.

Comment

Shouldn't we first see what season 5 brings before we start dreaming of a 6th season. A lot can change before that moment.
                  I think we should wait. Regardless of?* my personal feelings about the current season, a lot can happen between now and when SciFi chooses weither to renew Atlantis for S6
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

hey I just replied to another post
                    sigpic

Comment

hey I just replied to another post
                      It happens to the best of us . So where was I? Ahh...yes, I want Vala to return for S5

*activates the ancient phase shifting device to avoid the Wrath *

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                        Only if those characters are replaced with more interesting characters. That didn't happen. I think they should cut their losses, dump the uninteresting new characters, Carter & Keller, and bring back Beckett and Weir. Atlantis needs its old dynamic back.
                        I loved Beckett but I disagree that the new character's are not better. Keller and Carter are excellent.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          I loved Beckett but I disagree that the new character's are not better. Keller and Carter are excellent.
                          Carter's not even remotely a new character having been on SG1 for ten years, so describing her as one really is a misnomer.

I do not understand for the life of me why they would think bringing her in because "OMG! She's so cool! She's a scientist and a military person! We need that!" is a reasonable line of thought. They want military? They have Sheppard and Lorne. They want scientists? They have McKay and Zelenka. All she does is triple up on what they have. She offers nothing that those characters couldn't have handled. What is missing is a Daniel Jackson type of character in this cast, and that's a role that Elizabeth Weir could have filled, had TPTB been a little smarter.

As for Keller -- don't get me started on how irritating that character is. I loved Jewel as Kaylee on Firefly, but casting her as a CMO is a joke. And a bad one at that.

If they were smart, they never would have got rid of Beckett and Weir in the first place. The fact they're bending over backwards to make his fans happy shows they know they were dumb in that case. The fact they continue to snark at Weir fans shows that they think some viewers are expendable, which is something no decent producer in their right might would think.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                            Carter's not even remotely a new character having been on SG1 for ten years, so describing her as one really is a misnomer.
                            um people who've never watched SG-1 don't know Carter

I do not understand for the life of me why they would think bringing her in because "OMG! She's so cool! She's a scientist and a military person! We need that!" is a reasonable line of thought. They want military? They have Sheppard and Lorne. They want scientists? They have McKay and Zelenka. All she does is triple up on what they have. She offers nothing that those characters couldn't have handled.
                            TBTB didn't bring in Carter to be the lead scientist, that's Rodney's and Zelenka's job. and while Shep has shown on the past that he can handle military issues in the past, he's on ly a Lt Col. Carter was the logical choice because she has a lot of experience in all things that concern the SG, she's a military officer and she understands the science stuff Rodney's talking about (none of those apply Weir btw). her job is to oversee everything not take over Rodney's or Shep's jobs. btw the fact that you're a die hard Weir fan doesn't add to your objectivity (no offense)

What is missing is a Daniel Jackson type of character in this cast, and that's a role that Elizabeth Weir could have filled, had TPTB been a little smarter.
                            how is Weir like Daniel? she's a diplomat, he's an archeologist. you mean because she's the voice of reason, just like Daniel? I think Teyla does this too

As for Keller -- don't get me started on how irritating that character is. I loved Jewel as Kaylee on Firefly, but casting her as a CMO is a joke. And a bad one at that.
                            yeah I liked her as Kaylee too. as for Keller I'm not sure myself, gotta give her a little more time to see what she's capable of (or isn't)

If they were smart, they never would have got rid of Beckett and Weir in the first place. The fact they're bending over backwards to make his fans happy shows they know they were dumb in that case. The fact they continue to snark at Weir fans shows that they think some viewers are expendable, which is something no decent producer in their right might would think.
                            that's your opinion. I'd also like to see Weir again but the facts are the ratings are fine and the show's been renewed
                            sigpic

Comment

that's your opinion. I'd also like to see Weir again but the facts are the ratings are fine and the show's been renewed
                              You said the R word. Can we please not talk about ratings.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                You said the R word. Can we please not talk about ratings.
                                it wasn't my intention to talk about them, I was merely saying that Atlantis is doing fine. everything else is for another thread
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X