Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't see anyone not returning. The only person i could see having a personal issue is rachel with her baby. but the stargate/atlantis set is very well known for being accomodating to family (during the 'bachelor' days of stargate, everyone brought their pets to work, and i know that amanda brought olivia most days - unless she was taping something too intense for her baby to see, like i think it was lits when she was covered in blood and she didn't want to upset the baby.)

the set is very accomodating to family so i'm sure whatever accomodations rachel needs, they wont' be much of an issue
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

after this mortal coil and the revelation there, i'd say anyone could come back. Especially aliens.

Spoiler:
      all theyneed to do is make a mention that they ran across the reps and teh reps made human copies.

Even though they have this easy plot device, i really hope that they dont' use it. Let the dead stay dead. It takes all the drama out of things to have peopel constantly resurrecting

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        after this mortal coil and the revelation there, i'd say anyone could come back. Especially aliens.

Spoiler:
        all theyneed to do is make a mention that they ran across the reps and teh reps made human copies.

Even though they have this easy plot device, i really hope that they dont' use it. Let the dead stay dead. It takes all the drama out of things to have peopel constantly resurrecting
        I totally agree.

It's all well and good killing off characters for impact, but to keep bringing them back just cheapens the whole process. I firmly believe that when characters die, they should stay dead. If the Execs choose to kill someone off, and quite honestly I have no idea why this is done sometimes, then they should have the courage of their convictions and stick to the decision they made. This 'nobody dies in scifi' line drives me nuts. Of course they die! If it's AU or cloning or repli person, the original is still dead.

I know that Sheppard is back, McKay, Ronon, Teyla and I believe Carter will be too. I am pretty sure so will Keller be, and no doubt, Beckett in some form or other. No idea about Weir. Minor characters such as Radek, Lorne, Chuck etc will be back as well, I'm sure.
        sigpic

Comment

as much as i liked to see janet, i don't want her back on teh show, largely because i know she'd never get teh storyline she'd deserve (presuming there was and SG1 for her to come back to)

daniel's dying and resurrecting is a joke now, dude seems to die/be thought dead every season.

I know it sucks to lose characters you love, but if 'it's scifi and no one really stays dead' well why kill them in the first place then?

sigpic

Comment

i wouldn't mind vala in an episode or two.
            she alway's brought a bit of humor to the show and offset to the overal military feel

Comment

Originally posted by Xeon_1 View Post
              she alway's brought a bit of humor to the show and offset to the overal military feel
              what reason would Vala have to visit Atlantis (other than following Daniel)?
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

as much as i liked to see janet, i don't want her back on teh show, largely because i know she'd never get teh storyline she'd deserve (presuming there was and SG1 for her to come back to)

daniel's dying and resurrecting is a joke now, dude seems to die/be thought dead every season.

I know it sucks to lose characters you love, but if 'it's scifi and no one really stays dead' well why kill them in the first place then?
                Again, I agree. It's as if someone thinks it would be a good idea to kill a character, they do it, and then, oh no! Some people don't like it... so, let's hedge our bets and being them back for a couple of AU's. Then the fans of the dead character don't feel so annoyed! Only, perhaps they do, because it's not exactly the character they loved. I have to say, I didn't enjoy Janet coming back. Heroes I and II are two of my favourite episodes, and I don't know, but bringing AU Janet back, or different timeline Janet, just didn't sit well with me, as much as I liked her.

I guess it just comes down to me not being able to feel invested in anyone other than the real characters. And, if they're 'dead', then I've had a good cry and have moved on. To see them again, even though it's not 'them' per se, makes me feel that my tears didn't mean anything really. This could be just me, I suppose.

As for Daniel's multiple deaths and resurrections...yawn! Gets old pretty quickly for me!

Anyway, I still think the team of four, Carter, Keller, Lorne and Radek will be back, and the others perhaps for some guest spots?
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, death in sci-fi is flexible. But make it TOO flexible and the whole thing becomes a joke. For instance, the replicator clone plot device is akin to the use of Claire's blood as an answer to death in 'Heroes', which hasn't gone down too well with fans.

As an aside, I don't even like the Replicator plot arc. I thought we'd seen the last of them in SG-1. Oh how I wish that were true. But perhaps things are looking up, what with
                  Spoiler:
                  the next few eps dealing with the eradication of the Replicators from the Pegasus galaxy

A boy can only hope.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xeon_1 View Post
                    I'd like to see Vala come back for a few eps, too. She was sweet and fun.
                    I also miss Carson. And I'm sorry Kolya's gone because he was the best SGA villain till they (very badly) killed him off.
                    As long as the core team is back, and Zelenka, I'll be watching. I like team eps the best.

Comment

[QUOTE=smushybird;7438060. And I'm sorry Kolya's gone because he was the best SGA villain till they (very badly) killed him off.
                      [/QUOTE]

Well, I wish they'd bring him back so they could kill him better!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        I want the core team back
                        Sheppard
                        Teyla
                        McKay
                        Ronon

and Lorne and Zelenka.

If Carter and Keller vanished, and if Beckett and Weir returned, wouldn't bother me
                        Ditto that.

Why indeed? Better to just keep them alive.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                          Why indeed? Better to just keep them alive.
                          because the overall quality of a show may improve after certain characters are gone
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            because the overall quality of a show may improve after certain characters are gone
                            Only if those characters are replaced with more interesting characters. That didn't happen. I think they should cut their losses, dump the uninteresting new characters, Carter & Keller, and bring back Beckett and Weir. Atlantis needs its old dynamic back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                              Only if those characters are replaced with more interesting characters. That didn't happen. I think they should cut their losses, dump the uninteresting new characters, Carter & Keller, and bring back Beckett and Weir. Atlantis needs its old dynamic back.
                              One problem tho. How can they bring the old dynamic back? Weir's era is gone. She was thrown out and she is smart enough to not come back. The only way for them is to erase everything they did after Sunday and that is not going to happen..

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                                Only if those characters are replaced with more interesting characters. That didn't happen. I think they should cut their losses, dump the uninteresting?* new characters, Carter & Keller, and bring back Beckett and Weir. Atlantis needs its old dynamic back.
                                Thats not going to happen nor do I want it to happen.Beckett might return but the chances for Weir return to a reccuring role are slim to none. Interesting is relative. Some people like the change, some don't. In the long run TPTB need to please the majority. That must have happened considering they were renewed for a 5th season in the first place.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X