Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    The idea is very realistic, and I for one, would hate to see it wasted. How realistic is it that two groups of people in two different galaxies and some of them isolated from Earth for several years still hold the same ideas?
    [snip]
    And what if the expedition has a different view of what's helping Earth than the SGC has?
    Uhh... the military folk on Atlantis work for the SGC, namely the 2 star in charge!!!

And, they have daily communication, as well as visits both by ship and now over the gateway.

Now, as for Teyla and Ronon, it has always been a bit unrealistic to think they would be so accommodating to outsiders taking command of them, but TPTB evidently needed the flesh (female and male) to make the cast look sexier, so be it...

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
      Let's have the robots and vampires kill each other off... and get on with something new.
      Spoiler:
      Well, it seems that is what is going to happen. The majority of the Asurans will be destroyed, but the Wraith won't, and the focus will switch back to them. Which is great, because from what I have seen most of the fans love the Wraith. And then new allies and enemies will be introduced next year, and Joe Mallozzi has said that there may be some non-humanoid races too.

Comment

The only way I could see there being a real fight with the SGC is if they had a foothold situation. Which by the way I would like to see those foothold aliens again, or something even more alien.

Comment

New Friends: Weir/Niam camp of Asurans that some how survived.

How about some surviving Tollans who have decided to flee the MW and settled in some remote part of the Pegasus galaxy?

Enemies: Surviving MW Replicators? Surviving Asurans. Evil Asgard? Michael's bugs on the loose in a massive way.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
            I don't think so

How about some surviving Tollans who have decided to flee the MW and settled in some remote part of the Pegasus galaxy?
            nope we'll never see the Tollans again imo. also it's too much SG-1 and MW species

Enemies: Surviving MW Replicators?
            again it's possible but I doubt it. the PG already has its own replicators, it doesn't need another SG-1 enemy

Surviving Asurans.
            possibly

Evil Asgard?
            sry but that's just ridiculous imo

Michael's bugs on the loose in a massive way.
            another possibility
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hopefully they will actually be new, as in, not human... but I suppose having non-humanoid aliens is probably too much to ask...

Comment

Far too risky to be allies.

Uh no. I liked then but no.

Enemies: Surviving MW Replicators?
                No bad idea.

Surviving Asurans.
                This I hope so.

Evil Asgard?
                Sorry but thats just stupid.
                Michael's bugs on the loose in a massive way.
                That I too would like.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Some bits from a recent JM interview:

SoSF: Well, you mentioned a lot of character development, obviously with the filming of a new Season 5 coming up in a couple of months, how much of Season 4 will you pursue as a continuation of existing story arc and what challenges are imminent?

JM: We ended Season 4 on a cliff hanger and didn’t know if it would be picked up or not, but it was a decision we made very early on that we would end it on a cliff hanger and if need be continue potentially with a movie, but we got the 5th season pick up so that’s great. I can’t really get into details simply because the back half of Season 4 has not played out and a fair amount of the development of Season 4 will carry into the beginning of Season 5. I sort of left off with a hint of the premiere and the title is ‘Search and Rescue’. Who exactly is doing the searching and who is in need of rescuing is a question for another time, probably later this season, once the rest of Season 4 airs. There definitely will be carry over in terms of certain relationships, character and big story arcs.

SoSF: Do you have any plans that you know of for any reprisal appearances for guest stars or prior regular cast members for the new season?

JM: It’s still up in the air and hopefully we’ll have an announcement in a week or so but, again, I can’t give away too [much] because the back half of Season 4 hasn’t aired yet, and the back half of Season 4 will reveal the fate of some of our recurring characters so not much in terms of details.
                  http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/12/...-joe-mallozzi/

Comment

All I hope for is that I don't see a baby let loose on SGA unless it has a head of a lizard and feet of a platypus. Oh, and no more zombies.

Thanks PG15.
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Ok, woah. Is this for real? Did he maybe misspeak - not say what it sounds like he's saying?

From the interview PG15 linked above:

Obviously there are fans that are unhappy with the fact that [Dr.] Beckett was killed off at the end of Season 3 and a lot of Weir fans were unhappy at the fact that Carter is on the show and will not be happy. We’re running through the show to a point where Weir comes back in a full time capacity. Fans of Carter, who maybe liked SG-1 who don’t want her and Stargate Atlantis, and there are fans who resent [Dr.] Keller’s presence as if she were a relationship to Beckett. All that has obviously soured certain fans towards Joe and when certain fans are unhappy they will be very vocal. At the end of the day you write a show that in your mind and in the minds of some of the writers, the best show that tells the best stories and I’ve always said that at the end of the day we could just basically start from scratch at the beginning of every episode.
                      It's very confusing the way this is worded, so I'm not taking it for granted yet, but....I'd love for it to be true!
                      Last edited by Killdeer; 29 December 2007, 11:06 PM.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Bring back a dead person? Carson, Weir...why not Ford and throw in Grodin for good measure. I was pretty vocal during season 2 that I loved Grodin and wanted him back.

At that point, why kill the character if you plan on using them again? It held no purpose because the theatrics to their death was worthless. That actually degrades the character further into a status of mockery for me.

To some it may be getting a character they liked, to me it's a waste and at that point me as a fan has been turned into a marionette.

Just for those who seem to think I'm doing this because it's Weir. I happen to have liked Carson a great deal, my third fave character (After Ronon & McKay, of course) but I'm very anti- his return. And for those who think if they did this to Teyla I wouldn't be annoyed...think again. If they killed Teyla in the next episode, but then want to bring her back; I would first say, "what a waste" and then I would be anti-Teyla return.

She's dead, just bring in a new girl, since a character like Teyla in Scifi let alone the Peggy isn't that hard to recreate. Shoot, just go as far to make the newbie a direct human/wraith hybrid rather than waste my time with a whole leader of a people angle.

Ugh, what a waste with the possibility of zombies roaming SGA.
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                          I second that.

Easy writing requires that because then you add a lot of VFX instead of writing complex arcs.
                          yeah, SGA/SG-1 need writers such as JMS or Joss Whedon
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't think they would be allies but I wouldnt mind seeing those rogue Ascension seeking Asurans again. They wouldnt be good allies though as they can be easily reset or killed by their more numerous brethren.

Evil Asgard and Tollan are bad ideas as those are SG-1 storylines plus both are supposedly dead.

I think bad guy wise Michael's Bug People might become a new rising threat in the galaxy.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Allies: Gateworld Forum members.
                              Enemies: Evil alternate universe versions of themselves.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I think the new friends will be Todd's Wraith and some new goup of people something like the Larrin's Travellers.

The new enemies hm..We know that Kolya will be back in Season 5, and Michael is very angry and very dangerous so he will be the main villian. And perhaps a new kind will be introduced. Something like this:

1. Iratus bugs have natural enemies, as Ronon suggested in Conversion, let's call them Animal X and we know that the Wraith are a result of mixing Iratus and Human DNA .
                                2. What if the genes of Animal X and the DNA of the Humans have also been mixed creating Super Human/Animal X?
                                3. And the Super Human/Animal X is targeting the Wraith as a natural prey. Somehow the Wraith had been able to stop the H/A X and the Atlantis expedition by incident release the survived H/A X as they did with the Asurans.

LOL, what an imagination I have
                                LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                                Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                                http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                                My fan fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X