Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree old chap.

The Milky Way has been portrayed and developed for its size and vast possibilities.

The Pegasus galaxy has been highlighted for being smaller and barely inhabited other than the Wraith and the primitive humans.

It would be achingly stupid if the writers suddenly introduced a new enemy or powerful race from the Pegasus galaxy...

Come on, you see my point!

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Fazed View Post
      I disagree old chap.

The Milky Way has been portrayed and developed for its size and vast possibilities.

The Pegasus galaxy has been highlighted for being smaller and barely inhabited other than the Wraith and the primitive humans.

It would be achingly stupid if the writers suddenly introduced a new enemy or powerful race from the Pegasus galaxy...

Come on, you see my point!
      No I don't. Atlantis is about the Pegasus Galaxy and it is smaller than the Milky Way but it is far from barely inhabited.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Agreed, Atlantis is about the Pegasus galaxy.

I just wonder how long these primitive neighbour races will interest us viewers. Surely you recognise the loophole in the writers logic? - In that the Wraith wipe out any races that become a vague threat.

This really does limit SGA in terms of the Pegasus galaxy and the level of interest us viewers will have in new races.
        Last edited by Not_Fazed; 25 December 2007, 08:48 PM. Reason: Clarifying.

Comment

Agreed, Atlantis is about the Pegasus galaxy.

I just wonder how long these primitive neighbour races will interest us viewers. Surely you recognise the loophole in the writers logic? - In that the Wraith wipe out any races that become a vague threat.

This really does limit SGA in terms of the Pegasus galaxy and the level of interest us viewers will have in new races.
          The thing is we live in Atlantis. The most advanced city in the galaxy,and yes most races are technologically inferior however the Wraith are technologically supperior, not to mention the Asurans. We are also allied with the Genii who are far from Ancient tech but far from pessants. We also have Michael as an enemy not to mention his bug army. My point is there are plenty of allies and enemies in PG to make good stories.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            The thing is we live in Atlantis. The most advanced city in the galaxy,and yes most races are technologically inferior however the Wraith are technologically supperior, not to mention the Asurans. We are also allied with the Genii who are far from Ancient tech but far from pessants. We also have Michael as an enemy not to mention his bug army. My point is there are plenty of allies and enemies in PG to make good stories.
            The Wraith are technologically superior to the Tau'ri overall, but the Tau'ri has access to tech that dwarfs the Wraith.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Well lets just hope the wraith and asurans survive season four....

Comment

all these super powerful races are the same
                they show up with their big space ships force fields and weapons, have a few fights and then get wiped out by some plot device
                it's BORING!!

I'd much rather see races like the Genii, the Travelers, Bola-Kai
                and even aliens like Foothold, Spirits, Re'tu, Reole, Tok'ra

I want to see some unconventional technologies and inventions, I want races that have other abilities than us, not more of the same!

Comment

Well lets just hope the wraith and asurans survive season four....
                  I think the Wraith will most certainly survive s4, they're like the Goa'ulds in SG-1, the original enemy. I don't think TBTB would dare to kill them off, also we already know that Todd's in TLM so I guess there's a good chance to see him along with other Wraith again in the s5 premiere. the Asurans on the other hand aren't such an important enemy imo but I still think at least a few of them will survive s4, even if it's just Oberoth
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    Make the SGC the enemy of the expedition.
                    No, thanks. I don't understand why people come up with this idea. 1. It's not going to happen, 2. It's a stupid idea. ESPECIALLY being enemies with the SGC. I don't think I would want to watch it anymore to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      No, thanks. I don't understand why people come up with this idea. 1. It's not going to happen, 2. It's a stupid idea. ESPECIALLY being enemies with the SGC. I don't think I would want to watch it anymore to be honest.
                      1. Who cares, it's just an idea.
                      2. That's your opinion and a lot of people think it's a great idea as it brings conflict into the series and doesn't require the addition of a new godlike enemy. Besides that the SGC are about the more powerful race in the entire SG universe.
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                        1. Who cares, it's just an idea.
                        2. That's your opinion and a lot of people think it's a great idea as it brings conflict into the series and doesn't require the addition of a new godlike enemy. Besides that the SGC are about the more powerful race in the entire SG universe.
                        The fact is, the SGC are doing what is best for Earth. So is Atlantis. In order to make them enemies, one would have to 'go bad'. The idea is very unrealistic, and I for one, would hate it. It wouldn't be so bad to have them cut off, but I also think that is a bad idea as the whole point of the show is to make leaps and bounds to help Earth. I personally am happy tptb will never go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                          The fact is, the SGC are doing what is best for Earth. So is Atlantis. In order to make them enemies, one would have to 'go bad'.
                          That's such a black and white view of things, so oversimplified and extremely boring especially since it's far more complex and interesting. Both can still do what is best for Earth but have opposing views. It's not needed that one "goes bad".

The idea is very unrealistic, and I for one, would hate it.
                          The idea is very realistic, and I for one, would hate to see it wasted. How realistic is it that two groups of people in two different galaxies and some of them isolated from Earth for several years still hold the same ideas? Experiences change people and thus the attitude towards certain things will change with it, this, in reality, usually caused a small gap and this gap turns into a rift until both sides go completely against one another.

As for unrealistic, even on Earth former allies can go against one another and become enemies and enemies can become allies and all that within timespaces that can be less than a day.

It wouldn't be so bad to have them cut off, but I also think that is a bad idea as the whole point of the show is to make leaps and bounds to help Earth.
                          And what if the expedition has a different view of what's helping Earth than the SGC has?
                          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                            all these super powerful races are the same
                            they show up with their big space ships force fields and weapons, have a few fights and then get wiped out by some plot device
                            it's BORING!!

I'd much rather see races like the Genii, the Travelers, Bola-Kai
                            and even aliens like Foothold, Spirits, Re'tu, Reole, Tok'ra

I want to see some unconventional technologies and inventions, I want races that have other abilities than us, not more of the same!
                            I totally agree with you.

I'd take episodes on mythology, exploration and thought provoking dilemmas over space vampires and evil nanites any day.

However competitive sci-fi seems to demand spaceships, explosions and testosterone fueled plots.

Comment

I second that.

However competitive sci-fi seems to demand spaceships, explosions and testosterone fueled plots.
                              Easy writing requires that because then you add a lot of VFX instead of writing complex arcs.
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I'd take episodes on mythology, exploration and thought provoking dilemmas over space vampires and evil nanites any day.

Amen. Yea... and Amen.

Unfortunately for you and me, too many of these shows today on Sci-Fi and other networks all repeat the same formula.

Much like pop music.

TPTB ran out of original ideas a long time ago, and refuse to bring in totally new writers who might have a different vision of what life would be like out there...

Fortunately for TPTB, the writers' strike will continue, thus the major networks will be hurting for fiction shows, which will drive some viewers to search the cable channels more often. That could drive some more viewers to SciFi and thus to SGA.

Let's have the robots and vampires kill each other off... and get on with something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X