Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Joe M's blog as been dry of SGA stuff, but I don't blame him it's the holidays. We will know more after New Year's day.

Anyway hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday, once they are over a lot is happening...

1.)SGA reruns of Season one and two are taking over the X-files slot @ 5pm starting Jan 2nd
    good, hopefully it'll attract some new viewers

2.) Reairs of Season 4 will be on Friday's @ 2am(For all you insomnia folks. )
    not just for those guys

and of course..

3.) SGA's Season 4 resumes on Jan 4th with the epic BAMSR!
    awesome!
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
      No, you don't get it. It's about how the characters are being written. Sheppard is being written as younger version of O'Neill. The other characters are written differently from their SG-1 "counterparts", all but Sheppard.

And I respectfully disagree with that, since in my opinion he's slowly becomming more and more O'Neill, Jr..
      I disagree. He may have similar qualities but he is far from being a copy of Oneill.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        I disagree. He may have similar qualities but he is far from being a copy of Oneill.
        LOL, I asked Joe F that question that if he thinks his character is similar to O'neill. He joked around and made fun of my handle name!
        sigpic

Comment

LOL, I asked Joe F that question that if he thinks his character is similar to O'neill. He joked around and made fun of my handle name!
          That sounds like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            That sounds like him.
            I want to meet him at a con and ask him if he remembers me, lol!

BTW, here is the video...

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=164108

My handle is Squall78 on SCI FI
            sigpic

Comment

I want to meet him at a con and ask him if he remembers me, lol!

BTW, here is the video...

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=164108

My handle is Squall78 on SCI FI
              hahaha awesome dude!
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I noticed this tidbit on Joes blog:

Susiekew writes: “Any chance we’ll see non-humanoid aliens in season 5?”

Answer: It’s possible. Events in the back half of season 4 will open the door to all sorts of possibilities.
                I'm thinking new galaxy, or at least access to a new location other than the regular Pegasus that we are used to.

They need to do this eventually anyway since the Pegasus galaxy is (want for a better phrase) a bit stale now.

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Fazed View Post
                  I'm thinking new galaxy, or at least access to a new location other than the regular Pegasus that we are used to.
                  No, that would be a cop-out especially when there is still so much left undeveloped in the current PG.

They need to do this eventually anyway since the Pegasus galaxy is (want for a better phrase) a bit stale now.
                  Of course it is with the current writing, they are leaving so much things undeveloped and underused that is has to become stale. They're written themselves into a corner with their idea of "a new enemy must be an even stronger enemy".

As for the non-humanoid aliens, I'm betting it'll be Michael's creations gaining sapience or something.
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    No, that would be a cop-out especially when there is still so much left undeveloped in the current PG.
                    Of course it would be, but then the majority of viewers are interested in new powerful enemies rather than the latest Genii gardening techniques.

Of course it is with the current writing, they are leaving so much things undeveloped and underused that is has to become stale. They're themselves into a corner with their idea of "a new enemy must be an even stronger enemy".
                    Unfortunately that has become the staple of stargate 'tension'. Apparently we need powerful enemies for major story arcs.

As for the non-humanoid aliens, I'm betting it'll be Michael's creations gaining sapience or something.
                    They were already humanoid.

Comment

Of course it would be, but then the majority of viewers are interested in new powerful enemies rather than the latest Genii gardening techniques.
                      Make the SGC the enemy of the expedition.

Unfortunately that has become the staple of stargate 'tension'. Apparently we need powerful enemies for major story arcs.
                      Which is bad since they'll write Deus Ex Machine solutions to defeat those enemies.

They were already humanoid.
                      Sapient as in intelligent, thinking for themselves.
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I noticed this tidbit on Joes blog:

I disagree. There is plenty in Pegasus to explore.

Comment

Do you guys think that they'll use parts of the back half of season five as something that would lead to Universe? Sort of how a lot of season 7 of SG-1 lead into Atlantis? I am not sure if I missed something earlier on this thread, but I was talking about it with some of the family over the holidays.
                          sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                            Do you guys think that they'll use parts of the back half of season five as something that would lead to Universe? Sort of how a lot of season 7 of SG-1 lead into Atlantis? I am not sure if I missed something earlier on this thread, but I was talking about it with some of the family over the holidays.
                            Probably not. Universe is far from even getting that far. They are still working on the concept however if I remember correctly they said it would be completly seperate from the rest of the franchise.

Comment

Oh come on...

The wraith have pillaged the vast majority of the Pegasus galaxy.

We saw various star maps and explanations of how they have limited human development for the purpose of feeding. They have ensured races do not evolve or develop to the point of becoming a threat to them.

The traveler's get away with this because they are not stationary, they travel and develop thanks to ingenuity and boldness to explore and constantly be on the move.

The Pegasus galaxy has been portrayed by cannon as being full of semi developed races, some of them even being pre or post-industrial worlds. However, other than the Genii the majority have been pretty much useless to us.

How exactly is the series supposed to expand and grow in such stagnant conditions? Think about it!

Comment

Oh come on...

The wraith have pillaged the vast majority of the Pegasus galaxy.

We saw various star maps and explanations of how they have limited human development for the purpose of feeding. They have ensured races do not evolve or develop to the point of becoming a threat to them.

The traveler's get away with this because they are not stationary, they travel and develop thanks to ingenuity and boldness to explore and constantly be on the move.

The Pegasus galaxy has been portrayed by cannon as being full of semi developed races, some of them even being pre or post-industrial worlds. However, other than the Genii the majority have been pretty much useless to us.

How exactly is the series supposed to expand and grow in such stagnant conditions? Think about it!
                                As it was with SG-1 yet they managed to do just fine in the confines of the MW. Same applies here. The galaxy is a big place thousands of planets to explore so the PG is far from stagnant.

Comment

Working...
                                X