Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was totally against the leather...and still am a little!
    however the new "across chest line" uniform is growing on me, the increase in leather jackets is buggin me but i shall take a breath and hope for the best!

the future new look of Ronan should also include a uniform! I say it all the time but he could add a long jacket if needs be.

just think of it this way it could be worse, we have seen it on the genii!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Ooh, hate to say it, but I've heard the "is Amanda pregnant?" comment a few times on other boards too, but only when she's in that uniform. My fondest hope is alien moths invade Atlantis and devour the bad uniforms completely, forcing them back into old uniforms and BDUs.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

The Seer confirmed 2 things for me:

Never assume the episode title has to do with the main plot of the ep.
        The new\current SGA uniforms are freaking horrible. Especially on Carter. Especially in contrast to Sheps BDUs and Woolseys suit and even whatever Teyla and Ronan were wearing (which I dont actually remember, which is good because it means it must have been somewhat normal and unremarkable for them). The new atlantis uniform is distracting in its so bad.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
          The Seer confirmed 2 things for me:

Never assume the episode title has to do with the main plot of the ep.
          The new\current SGA uniforms are freaking horrible. Especially on Carter. Especially in contrast to Sheps BDUs and Woolseys suit and even whatever Teyla and Ronan were wearing (which I dont actually remember, which is good because it means it must have been somewhat normal and unremarkable for them). The new atlantis uniform is distracting in its so bad.
          It's not so bad on the men but on carter it looks awful. Keller's a twig, so it's okay, but carter, well, unless she sucks in her gut (hey, no problem with a couple pounds on the tummy but dress to camaflouge!) she looks er, um, expecting.

On the plus side, her hair looks better

Comment

Amanda Tapping's got mommy fat. she just gave birth recently, and as a result she's packed on that mommy fat.

sure, her ( . )( . ) are sagging, and she doesn't look anywhere near as fit as she used to... but having known some women in the military, both enlisted and officer, and young and... seasoned, her body shape is actually somewhat average for military women. so while she's not the svelt hourglass 9 out of 10 body she once was, its not unrealistic so i have no problem with it
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
              Amanda Tapping's got mommy fat. she just gave birth recently, and as a result she's packed on that mommy fat.

sure, her ( . )( . ) are sagging, and she doesn't look anywhere near as fit as she used to... but having known some women in the military, both enlisted and officer, and young and... seasoned, her body shape is actually somewhat average for military women. so while she's not the svelt hourglass 9 out of 10 body she once was, its not unrealistic so i have no problem with it
              Uh, she had the baby back in '05 (unless she had a second baby???) so... but, most women don't have flat abs and AT's always had a decent figure. In fact, she's looked pretty good until this uniform, which isn't flattering at all. The only reason it's not so bad on McKay and Zelenka is they wear a darker color and they're not as tight, but they're still tight. Keller's small so the uniform looks better. I've got no problem with her figure, just the fact they're squeezing her in an outfit that isn't flattering (and those gawdawful flare sleeves should have been abolished back in the 60s/70s when they were far too prevalent).

Comment

i thought she had another kid recently, inbetween SG1 and SGA... hmm... maybe i'm wrong

lemme go check

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                  i thought she had another kid recently, inbetween SG1 and SGA... hmm... maybe i'm wrong

lemme go check
                  nope, just the one
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

looks likei was wrong

oh well

Comment

Uh, she had the baby back in '05 (unless she had a second baby???) so... but, most women don't have flat abs and AT's always had a decent figure. In fact, she's looked pretty good until this uniform, which isn't flattering at all. The only reason it's not so bad on McKay and Zelenka is they wear a darker color and they're not as tight, but they're still tight. Keller's small so the uniform looks better. I've got no problem with her figure, just the fact they're squeezing her in an outfit that isn't flattering (and those gawdawful flare sleeves should have been abolished back in the 60s/70s when they were far too prevalent).
                      I really don't see what the problem is they look fine to me.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yeah, I agree......... AT's uniforms looks too tight and tacky.................
                        and it looks like they did it on purpose. The cut on her jacket is an
                        obvious ploy to show AT's figure...and yes she did have a kid... And I am
                        pretty sure she would like something more comfortable and better looking.

Get AT to wear looser jackets.... I miss the effort that this franchise use to have when it came to practical uniforms.

JS always has been slim...even on Firefly....she basically can get away with
                        her slim outfits I agree. In fact her uniforms looks pretty comfortable on her.
                        Last edited by dec55; 18 November 2007, 01:50 AM.
                        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

i only have something against Keller's uniform and her shoes, it looks off. The leather and other darker outfits i dont mind at all when i watch SGA, but Keller looks like she came right out of a 70's TV-Series.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                            i only have something against Keller's uniform and her shoes, it looks off. The leather and other darker outfits i dont mind at all when i watch SGA, but Keller looks like she came right out of a 70's TV-Series.
                            :lol The baby doll leather jackets and hiking boots...? Great on the 70's show,
                            but yeah Id rather see JS in at least in some sort of practical looking gear.

I'd draw the line leather mini skirts, spandex....and high heels..too :lol.

No matter how good anyone looks in them.
                            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

To be honest, I REALLY hate these new uniforms. Come on, they look really silly. And I agree with whoever said they look like psuedo 60's style scifi uniforms. I mean, they REALLY look bad. LEATHER?!? Come on, no military uses leather as a main element in it's uniforms. Leather doesn't "breath" or give like cotton weave does. And that's not even including the cost of the uniforms. Leather is atleast 10 times more expensive. Shouldn't they be spending money on more important things? (The expedition AND the production.)

I say go with the standard BDU format in either black, dark grey, or plain green. They're cheaper, more comfortable, more flexible, and easier to repair. This isn't the MOD Squad for cryin' out loud. These new uniforms are just ridiculous!!!!!!!!
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Glommed these shots from some wonderful picspam reviews of THE SEER on LJ.

First, I'm not complaining about AT's figure, just the outfit. Anything that wrinkles like this across the back is too tight.

Flare pants... did they go out of style in the 70s??

Caps from:
                                http://drkquail.livejournal.com/7327.html

Comment

Working...
                                X