This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    I think that if ths show is going to a S5 they MUST get new uniforms, or go back to the old ones Or even go really retro and let the military people wear real military uniforms and let the scientist wear whatever they want (business casual you know).

Whos with me on this?

Also, any and all leather and spandex must be restricted to the occasional leather jacket and standard workout gear... I mean if someone is biking or playing basketball then a little underarmor is acceptable.
    /disagree

Besides if this was realistic they would be wearing buisness suits to work, who wants to see that? Leather ftw.

Comment

The new uniforms don't really bother me so personally don't care. They could all be wearing jeans and a t shirt and I'd still watch as long as the stories are good.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I demand these uniforms!!!

Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

or these ones. They already have leather clothes. So why don't upgrade them a little bit?

Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            I demand these uniforms!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm BLIND!
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Keller looks like a bumblebee with those yellow stripes.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                /disagree

Besides if this was realistic they would be wearing buisness suits to work, who wants to see that? Leather ftw.
                Really, I never recall any of the civilians wearing suits and ties when I was in the military.... at least not those working working. So no if this was more real it would probably be business casual.

Leather is impractical and looks stupidly cliche IMHO. Stargate should be better then that.

I agree with Night Marshall on B5. That was one of the "little things" that made that a superior show. Stargate used to do some of those little things too, but now they sometimes forget about those little things and embrace stupid scifi cliche. I guess thats what you get when the scifi channel owns your soul.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think that if ths show is going to a S5 they MUST get new uniforms, or go back to the old ones Or even go really retro and let the military people wear real military uniforms and let the scientist wear whatever they want (business casual you know).

Whos with me on this?

Also, any and all leather and spandex must be restricted to the occasional leather jacket and standard workout gear... I mean if someone is biking or playing basketball then a little underarmor is acceptable.
                  I am SO with you. These Season 4 uniforms are terrible.

Comment

I think they could do without the leather too, but the ironic part of this whole discussion is according to JM, the cast wanted a change of wardrobe to something that is supposedly more comfortable. Not sure that leather is comfortable except for the cool bomber pilot jackets.
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked all of their season 3 wear as well as the season 1 stuff, the black jackets (seen mostly in "Sateda" and such), the original Atlantis ones (with tan for scientists and civilians), their SG-1 style jackets that they wore at the end of season 3. Anything was better than what they got now, and apparently, they have those weird stripes on the back as well, I saw it in "Doppelganger" (no screenshots up yet) on McKay's jacket.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        or these ones. They already have leather clothes. So why don't upgrade them a little bit?

Black leather AND zippers covering the naughty bits! Here we come Season 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm BLIND!
                          Oh yes, you said it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                            I liked all of their season 3 wear as well as the season 1 stuff, the black jackets (seen mostly in "Sateda" and such), the original Atlantis ones (with tan for scientists and civilians), their SG-1 style jackets that they wore at the end of season 3. Anything was better than what they got now, and apparently, they have those weird stripes on the back as well, I saw it in "Doppelganger" (no screenshots up yet) on McKay's jacket.

Vala,
                            I dunno, the new outfits look like they might conserve body heat or something. Cut down on the cost of keeping atlantis heated.

Not vala,

Comment

Well, the new uniforms don't do anything the old ones did, keep the people covered, but, they are more form fitting, which actually makes them less functional. You might reach for something in the old uniform with no problem the new uniform might squeeze you in the wrong place. They were obviously done to look 'cool' and give color for identification, but have two stripes (back and front) and patches is well, overkill.

thank god Shep's still got his black BDUs.

Comment

Whos with me on this?
                                I agree!

My god! I agree!

I just said this the other day after the last episode finished. I think the military should wear their normal clothing and that the scientists should have an outfit, but one that looks ok.

It's just terrible!

Comment

Working...
                                X