Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of the ugly S4 uniforms - did anyone notice in TR when Rodney turned around (when he was talking to Keller) that the jackets have a ?? reverse pleat or something in them. I'm not sure what you would call it but it's like a big furrow down the back. VERY odd. I don't know how to do screen caps or find pics of that but... it's bizarre and doesn't look functional.

I also agree about the wanking big cuffs. And what happened to the "matching" shirt underneath? I always thought Weir wore red shirts under her uniform because she was part of the red uniform color group, but now I see Keller wearing the blue, not yellow (which for some reason I thought she would). The uniforms are actually confusing me!

The uniforms this season are...weird and distracting and unattractive. Any fashion students out there? Maybe we can have a board competition - come up with better unis. Still liking Shep in his BDUs. And Lorne in (or out) of anything!
    WAMS 352

Comment

Originally posted by wams352 View Post
      Speaking of the ugly S4 uniforms - did anyone notice in TR when Rodney turned around (when he was talking to Keller) that the jackets have a ?? reverse pleat or something in them. I'm not sure what you would call it but it's like a big furrow down the back. VERY odd. I don't know how to do screen caps or find pics of that but... it's bizarre and doesn't look functional.
      Yeah, I saw it too. It looks like a single pleat right between the shoulder blades. Bit odd looking down the back like that. Extra shoulder room, maybe?

The uniforms this season are...weird and distracting and unattractive. Any fashion students out there? Maybe we can have a board competition - come up with better unis. Still liking Shep in his BDUs. And Lorne in (or out) of anything!
      I'm not a fashion student, but I agree that they look rather funky. Also agree about Shep and Lorne.

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
        Yeah, I saw it too. It looks like a single pleat right between the shoulder blades. Bit odd looking down the back like that. Extra shoulder room, maybe?

I'm not a fashion student, but I agree that they look rather funky. Also agree about Shep and Lorne.
        You mean this?

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...elers0881.html

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
          Yep, that's it. Thanks for the capture. It looks wider in that cap because DH is sitting down. In TR, it looks like a line down the back when it's not...stretched, for a better word.

Guess the pleat gives them extra room?

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
            I think that if ths show is going to a S5 they MUST get new uniforms, or go back to the old ones Or even go really retro and let the military people wear real military uniforms and let the scientist wear whatever they want (business casual you know).

Whos with me on this?

Also, any and all leather and spandex must be restricted to the occasional leather jacket and standard workout gear... I mean if someone is biking or playing basketball then a little underarmor is acceptable.
            Souds good to me!

Originally posted by prion View Post
            YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new uniforms aren't flattering (particularly on Carter). Sheppard's got the best as it's basic BDU format but the rest look like retro 60s/70s scifi. Spandex should be BANNED (leave that for tackier scifi shows) and leather used sparingly, or restricted only to 'aliens' from the PG.
            I totally agree. My dad says the new uniforms make Carter look either fat or pregnant. And Spandex . . . No. I haven't seen any on Atlantis, but on TNG and VOY it was just stupid. Amazingly enough, the female characters look far more respectable in real clothing!
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
              Souds good to me!

I totally agree. My dad says the new uniforms make Carter look either fat or pregnant. And Spandex . . . No. I haven't seen any on Atlantis, but on TNG and VOY it was just stupid. Amazingly enough, the female characters look far more respectable in real clothing!
              Ooh, hate to say it, but I've heard the "is Amanda pregnant?" comment a few times on other boards too, but only when she's in that uniform. My fondest hope is alien moths invade Atlantis and devour the bad uniforms completely, forcing them back into old uniforms and BDUs.

Comment

in the screen cap Vala M posted - look at the guy in the background - he's still wearing the tan version of the uniform. Smart guy! I know in Star Trek Enterprise they changed the uniforms but a lot of the 'background' people had the old uniforms - two different blues. Maybe Stargate couldn't afford new uniforms for ALL the personnel?
                WAMS 352

Comment

The whole reason the uniforms were changed in the 1st place was because the cast wanted something more comfortable.

Therefore there is no way in hell they'll go back to the old ones nor waste a ton of money (especially when you did this a year earlier) creating new ones because a few people don't like the look of them. Just not going to happen!

Comment

I'm with you guys the new uniform suck, but I do think that it's funny that people are annoyed about seeing sam in leather.

Comment

The old uniforms did the expidtion justice, i don't mind the SGC military style shirts that sheppard wears but come onb man- stop changing these things and go back to the season 1-3 versions.

They make all of the female actors look anerexic(kellar) or have a stomach buldge(carter).

Yukkkkkkkkkkk
                      sigpic
                      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by wams352 View Post
                        in the screen cap Vala M posted - look at the guy in the background - he's still wearing the tan version of the uniform. Smart guy! I know in Star Trek Enterprise they changed the uniforms but a lot of the 'background' people had the old uniforms - two different blues. Maybe Stargate couldn't afford new uniforms for ALL the personnel?
                        That has always been going on, it's just more noticable now, just like how Zelenka didn't change from tan to gray like McKay did in the middle of season 1 until season 2. Personally, I preferred the tan on civilians because it made them stand out, now, the only difference is the panels on the front.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                          The whole reason the uniforms were changed in the 1st place was because the cast wanted something more comfortable.

Therefore there is no way in hell they'll go back to the old ones nor waste a ton of money (especially when you did this a year earlier) creating new ones because a few people don't like the look of them. Just not going to happen!
                          It's one reason they don't bother me and as a man who was in the service believe me you want something that breathes especially in hot/humid conditions. Besides I actually like them.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Gotta agree here - lose the leather and the random, messiness that is Teyla and Ronan. I say Shep looks best and those black uniforms are sexy too. Put military in the black BDUs (Carter looks great in black BDUs and in Tablua Rasa Lorne and the "soldiers" all looked great in black) and I agree let the civilians wear civvies as long as it it is neat and tidy - like business csual (no jeans or anything like that). The look they have now is just silly and random and the uniforms are, to put it quite simply and IMO, ugly, particularly that nightmare of an outfit they slapped on Carter for the promo piccies - I hope they never show that thing on her in the show. God if I were her I'd quit just over having to wear that crap, especially those pants - yikes a'mighty!

Comment

I think the new uniforms all look awesome... Mckay looks soo cool in his leather jacket and carter looks great in anything and shep looks cool aswell... actually so does ronin and teyla... especially teyla... The new uniforms ROCK... I say keep em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post

It wouldn't be a waste of a 'ton of money' as each year they've mucked with the uniforms, and as you can see people wearing those old uniforms all the time in season four, you're talking about really, just Carter (or whoever) in season 5, McKay, Keller and Zelenka (did I miss anyone?). Sheppard is probably going (fingers crossed) keep the black BDUs in which he looks so fine, Teyla and Ronon's outfits aren't uniforms so they're really civvies and can change at whim. Even Lorne is in season 3's duds and looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X