Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, according to JM we should hopefully know wether or not Atlantis' got a season 5 in 2 weeks. I didn't think it would be until November.

Make sure to check his blog each day, as the news could very well be posted there first.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      No. Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie are now running the show. Doing a bang up job too in my opinion.
      I was a little worried at first. But after seeing Adrift, I am very happy. We need that 5th season and even more

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      yeah I agree! They maintained their season ending ratings going up against a tough fall premiere and like you said Eureka dropped from 1.8 to 1.2 last week due to the premieres. I think if they move Atlantis back to the summer for 5th season they will have similar numbers as Eureka ... for me personally I would love if they had Eureka (s3) followed by Atlantis (s5). They are the only 2 shows I watch anymore on the network

That's the point I was making, SGA only dropped from a 1.4 previous season average to a 1.2! I believe that number could rise, if more people watch it live this week. As per Eureka, that was a huge drop. That is going to get Sci-fi thinking that a 1.2 is a good ratings score. Also, I agree that if S4 ends by march(since it's running straight through) it would make it perfect timing for a summer premiere! Only a 3 month or so hiatus.
      sigpic

Comment

Hey, they just added a HDTV channel for Sci-fi! That could help ratings.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
          Maybe we should all send Scifi some lemons with "send more" written on them?

Originally posted by Briangate78
          Hey Sgferrit, I appreicate your support. Aylssa was just stating her opinion and she does make a good point, however, at this point I think more people want a 5th season than don't. I guess I just have to be careful how I word my posts. I am just trying to take the facts, compare them to the current market, and speculate what could happen. It's just called postive thinking.

Getting back on topic, I strongly feel we will get a 5th season now, after Sci-fi made that press release and included SGA.
          Meh, I don't get cheering for a show's demise- there are shows that I loathe but wouldn't vocally wish them cancelled, since there are those out there who love them. We've all got different tastes, and there's absolutely no point in cheering for someone of a different taste to have their show cancelled just because you don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Meh, I don't get cheering for a show's demise- there are shows that I loathe but wouldn't vocally wish them cancelled, since there are those out there who love them. We've all got different tastes, and there's absolutely no point in cheering for someone of a different taste to have their show cancelled just because you don't like it.
            Agreed, and if We(Fans and posters of this forum who are pro-season 5) want to support the show and be optomistic, We(Fans and posters of this forum who are pro-season 5) should be able to. Joe M is confident, so i am confident. After seeing the numbers of the other shows, it's a totally different ballgame now. Those 2.0's are ancient history.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
              yeah I agree! They maintained their season ending ratings going up against a tough fall premiere and like you said Eureka dropped from 1.8 to 1.2 last week due to the premieres. I think if they move Atlantis back to the summer for 5th season they will have similar numbers as Eureka ... for me personally I would love if they had Eureka (s3) followed by Atlantis (s5). They are the only 2 shows I watch anymore on the network

I think it is quite possible that SGA would get similar ratings as Eureka if it had premiered in the summer. We'll never know for this year. I also wish that Eureka and SGA were on the same night! I like both shows a lot!

Comment

When is Eureka on?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  When is Eureka on?
                  Well it just had it's season finale yesterday. But it airs on Tuesdays @ 9/8c
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Well it just had it's season finale yesterday. But it airs on Tuesdays @ 9/8c
                    I see. It's up against Bones and NCIS... I think.

Comment

Ok this was released by Sci-fi yesterday...

Eureka, Ghost Hunters and Stargate Atlantis Continue to Drive Viewership

Then Sci-fi will release this next week or in 2 weeks...

Er um we are cancelling Stargate Atlantis because of loss in viewership.

LOL! I mean come on, the writing is on the wall. The network wants to keep a SG series going.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am hoping for 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                          I am hoping for 100.
                          100 what? ... Oh, nevermind, you mean 100 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                            I am hoping for 100.
                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            100 what? ... Oh, nevermind, you mean 100 episodes.
                            So does MGM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                              Well, according to JM we should hopefully know wether or not Atlantis' got a season 5 in 2 weeks. I didn't think it would be until November.

Make sure to check his blog each day, as the news could very well be posted there first.
                              I just hope my errie Farsacpe Deja'vu feeling isn't justified.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                I just hope my errie Farsacpe Deja'vu feeling isn't justified.
                                It is interesting that a lot of the shows are getting what Farscape did the last season. Must be some kinda Farscape curse, lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X