Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BJX View Post
    Or she's the big-breasted, ridiculously hot space vixen who has the hots for Sheppard and constantly evades the others to reassure Shep that he'll be safe and ends up being the one to form an alliance. Either way I'm happy, more so with the latter........
    To quote the inestimable Mr Bing, "Can open.... worms everywhere...."
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      I probably shouldn't mention that this episode is being written by the same people who wrote The Tower then, should I?
      'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
        I probably shouldn't mention that this episode is being written by the same people who wrote The Tower then, should I?
        One of the same people - and he/they have also written a lot of other episodes...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          spoiler summary - [/spoilers]

I would say that
          Spoiler:
          individual basis is a way of say, she's the key interrogator. The one who decides if Shep lives or dies and doles out appropriate punishment (or delegates it, really) when Shep decides to be uncooperative, and judging from his history, he's never very cooperative in situations like this...
          SQUEE!! i hope so!! want lots of whump!!
          this ep sounds so good!!!

im not going to be able to hold out for season 4 im sooooo damn excited, especially this episode!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I could see shep negotiating to use that ship, since they require him to use it..
            I wouldn't trust the expedition with any heavy valuable technologies.

Comment

Who cares? Let the old worms wriggle where they like. They'll just make themselves dizzy with all the same old comments...or send us to sleep!!!
              These spoilers do look very promising, don't they? I like the idea of Sheppard being held captive on a ship. I also love the idea of his Ancient mega gene again getting him into trouble. We need to know more about his gene!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post

Who cares? Let the old worms wriggle where they like. They'll just make themselves dizzy with all the same old comments...or send us to sleep!!!
                These spoilers do look very promising, don't they? I like the idea of Sheppard being held captive on a ship. I also love the idea of his Ancient mega gene again getting him into trouble. We need to know more about his gene!!!
                Who would have thought his gene would become a curse? And McKay desperately wanted the gene in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                  Who would have thought his gene would become a curse? And McKay desperately wanted the gene in the beginning.
                  I always thought of it as a sort of gift. But, obviously, it's not in some ways. We don't know how many inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy have the gene, but from what we've seen so far it seems as if it's not many. I wonder why that is? If it only occurs rarely in the Pegasus Galaxy, then I'd guess Shep and natural gene carriers, and the artificial gene carriers could be highly sought after people.
                  sigpic

Comment

I always thought of it as a sort of gift. But, obviously, it's not in some ways. We don't know how many inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy have the gene, but from what we've seen so far it seems as if it's not many. I wonder why that is? If it only occurs rarely in the Pegasus Galaxy, then I'd guess Shep and natural gene carriers, and the artificial gene carriers could be highly sought after people.
                    They would have to identify who has it first to go after them.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                      They would have to identify who has it first to go after them.
                      Spoilers for Coup d'Etat:
                      Spoiler:
                      Well the Genii managed to do so in Coup d'Etat...
                      Last edited by Alipeeps; 08 March 2007, 09:37 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well the Genii managed to do so in Coup d'Etat...
                        Haven't seen that one yet. I'm running on weekend syndication. "Aurora" just aired again, followed by "The Lost Boys" next weekend. After all of these get run through again, I am positive then "Coup D'Etat" will air.

Comment

Ah sorry. I lose track of where syndication is up to....
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah sorry. I lose track of where syndication is up to....
                            I've been running on syndication for most of the time I've been watching Stargate. Only in the last year have I been able to get more up-to-date information, particularly since I joined GateWorld.

Comment

See, I always thought of the gene as being more a pain in the arse..only because right now we still need blood samples to detect it and those who do have the ATA gene naturally are few and far between. Out of that group you havea select few like Shep who have it so dominantly...yeah, definately a pain in the arse.

And certainly enough that I would think any civilization that has access to ancient tech, even limited, would love to get thier hands on someone who has the ATA gene. It's like being a duck in a shooting gallery.......always a target.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                Plot details from stargate solutions:

Spoiler:
                                Summary

Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers who wish to use his Ancient gene to reactivate long-dormant Ancient technology — specifically, an Ancient battle ship, similar to an Aurora class.
                                Details

The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.
                                Ok I had managed to get my squee level down to acceptable levels but that has just sent them back through the roof. This ep is looking good and I hope we get a decent level of whump not some wishy washy effort. The prospect of another battle ship would be interesting, hope they can negotiate keeping it but think that would be too much of an advantage and may well just make things too easy.

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
                                [SPOILERS] http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...ndex.php?cat=9
                                Ancient Battle but different from Aurora Class??? OMG now i really cant wait till season 4 shows... Wondering if Atlantean team will get the warship might turn the tide against the Asurans and the Wraith!!
                                its gonna be fun finding out

I totally agree it's about time we got more information on the extent of his mega gene.

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                                See, I always thought of the gene as being more a pain in the arse..only because right now we still need blood samples to detect it and those who do have the ATA gene naturally are few and far between. Out of that group you havea select few like Shep who have it so dominantly...yeah, definately a pain in the arse.

And certainly enough that I would think any civilization that has access to ancient tech, even limited, would love to get thier hands on someone who has the ATA gene. It's like being a duck in a shooting gallery.......always a target.
                                I thought it was pretty cool and a gift, I mean it opens so many doors for Sheppard (ok literally and figuratively). If he didn't have it he wouldn't be in the Pegasus Galaxy, so its most definately a gift (well for me anyway)

I can't wait for season 4!!!! and I really can't wait for travelers, I have my fingers crossed its going to be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X