Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    Um...blown off body parts even if they could miracously be reattached is a bit too much for me. But yeah, I could so see Rodney making some snark comment like that.
    OMG, totally agree GG don't think even the whumpers would be up for blown off body parts thats just freaky!! I will settle for some good old fashioned whump and emotional angst.

But love Rodney's snarky comments lets hope for some good snark in Travelers.

Comment

OH MY GOD The Travelers info up on the main page that was just released blew me away.

I CANNOT WAIT until that episode airs! They FINALLY put Sheppard on the list to be rescued or something of the like, which is nice to see, as he's always the one doing the saving.

The concept behind it is fresh in my point of view and I think its going to be a fantastic episode.

Future Projections: Hopefully atlantis becomes friendly with these guys

If not, we gotta stop making enemies .

Comment

Sorry, very very excited.

Comment

Ok...now I'm completely disappointed ....I thought that the new species was going to be something different. So I bet I already know the episode....we end up winning in the end either get the ship or blow the ship up.
          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Ok..maybe I should post this so people don't get mad at my previous post. I like that there is going to be another ship and race....but I just thought it would have been more exciting. It just seems like we move from one bad race to another. And that's me assuming though. We will see.
            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by IronGoliath View Post
              OH MY GOD The Travelers info up on the main page that was just released blew me away.

I CANNOT WAIT until that episode airs! They FINALLY put Sheppard on the list to be rescued or something of the like, which is nice to see, as he's always the one doing the saving.

The concept behind it is fresh in my point of view and I think its going to be a fantastic episode.

Future Projections: Hopefully atlantis becomes friendly with these guys

If not, we gotta stop making enemies .
              I agree we so need to see Shep being rescued. The poor guy has always had to get himself out of the situations he's been in. It would be a refreshing change to have the team actually bail him out for once.

I so hope Shep's rescue isn't the Apollo showing up, locating Shep by his subdermal transmitter (or whatever its called) and beamed right out of the bad guys hands back to Apollo. I want more substance and more dramatic rescue than that.
              sigpic

Comment

I wonder how long they wait to blow up the new ancient war ship. lol

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

I HOPE it is a new class of ship!
                  The detail says "Battleship" I hope it is more than just a Warship!
                  Maybe a new class that was just finished but too late to change the war that will shred Wraith to pieces?! O-o

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                    Um...blown off body parts even if they could miracously be reattached is a bit too much for me. But yeah, I could so see Rodney making some snark comment like that.
                    Yeah a little too much. Ok how about this, that woman on the ship tortures shepard, by smacking him, scratching him and then shooting him in the leg, and then when he recovers Rodney justs looks at him, walks away and mumbles "Kirk".
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Sorry saw same heading below
                      Last edited by Celtic Wizard; 11 March 2007, 11:48 PM.

Comment

No Name for the new people, how about Odyssians (after Odysseus Greek Worrior who wander for 12 years after the fall of Troy)

Comment

If these people
                          Spoiler:
                          Travel around then why do they need a new ship

just curious?

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Wizard View Post
                            If these people
                            Spoiler:
                            Travel around then why do they need a new ship

just curious?
                            Because who wouldn't want a big fancy battleship to help fend off the Wraith? From the sound of things, they are technologically advanced and they are already interested in being able to use Ancient technology and are looking for a way to make the tech work for them - which is where Sheppard comes in. I can imagine the ep bringing up something of a discussion (which was kinda touched upon with Weir and Kolya in The Storm) about who has more right/entitlement to the Ancients' legacy in the Pegasus galaxy... when asked to give one word that summed up something about each of the eps for Season 4 so far, Joe Mallozzi said "rivalry" for Travelers. I can see the Travelers attitude being that, as Pegasus galaxy natives, they have more right to Ancient tech and using it than the Atlantis team do... thus giving us the element of rivalry... two advanced races both seeking to collect and use Ancient tech.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Because who wouldn't want a big fancy battleship to help fend off the Wraith? From the sound of things, they are technologically advanced and they are already interested in being able to use Ancient technology and are looking for a way to make the tech work for them - which is where Sheppard comes in. I can imagine the ep bringing up something of a discussion (which was kinda touched upon with Weir and Kolya in The Storm) about who has more right/entitlement to the Ancients' legacy in the Pegasus galaxy... when asked to give one word that summed up something about each of the eps for Season 4 so far, Joe Mallozzi said "rivalry" for Travelers. I can see the Travelers attitude being that, as Pegasus galaxy natives, they have more right to Ancient tech and using it than the Atlantis team do... thus giving us the element of rivalry... two advanced races both seeking to collect and use Ancient tech.
                              Great hypothesis! That really makes sense!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                Yeah a little too much. Ok how about this, that woman on the ship tortures shepard, by smacking him, scratching him and then shooting him in the leg, and then when he recovers Rodney justs looks at him, walks away and mumbles "Kirk".
                                Smacking and Scratching Shep? THat's a bit cliche when it comes to a girl isn't it? How bout a good all around beating with black eyes, swollen bleeding lip, cracked ribs, broken fingers and well...I'll give ya the gun shot wound. (hey I'm a whumper).

But I can certainly do without the Kirk comments. Please...its old and overdone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X