Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're scavengers; what do you expect?

Let's not be too shallow here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
      What's crappy is how bad their ship looks. IT looks like it is only around the level of the genii.
      Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Actually, the ship to me looks like it is of Ancient design that the Travelers found and have had to repair it anyway they could without the means to make exact spare parts for the ship. All the wires and hoses running from the controls of the doors look like they have been retrofitted. See the pics JM posted on his blog on March 31st and look at the door controls and compare them to the one in Atlantis. Just my two cents.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Sorry, but the Travelers race look like so disappointing. Humans without any make-up? It is such a cheap solution from the writers.
        JM presented the Travelers as a new alien race, but they are only a human folk. They don't look like aliens at all. The Priors and the Wraith are so cool, because they have some unique in their outlook. But the Travelers? Space pirates?
        MOst of the "aliens" we meet in SGA - and in SG1 for that matter - are human beings from other planets. Side-effect of the Ancients seeding life through the galaxy and/or the Go'auld moving populations of slave humans to new planets. Even the Wraith evolved from humans...

If I know well, the Travelers lived in MW, so they shouldn't be humans. Why di I have that strange feeling, that the Travelers will be the Lucian Alliance v2.0? Sorry, but I don't feel myself exited about them. Maybe they will have some cool ships, but I wanted alien physiology. Ok, the CGI non-humanoid aliens are expensive, but they could have created a more unique alien race for Atlantis.
        I'm not understanding your comment there that the Travelers lived in MW? And why would that mean they shouldn't be humans? From what we know, the Travelers are simply a population of humans from the Pegasus galaxy, from one of the many worlds where the Ancients seeded life, who, in an effort to escape the Wraith, chose to live on ships instead of a planet and ended up making that a permanent way of life.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
          What's crappy is how bad their ship looks. IT looks like it is only around the level of the genii.

well, since they're scavengers, and not creators, they're going to steal what they can. it wouldn't make sense for them to have the good ship Enterprise, after all

Comment

Finally, I have seen the Season 4 clip thanks to vaberella. My thoughts on the clip from Travelers:

1) I am very jealous of Joe Flanigan right now.
            2) Sheppard trips on a hose running across the floor, not on his tied or untied shoes as some people in another thread have suggested. Also, if that was in the U.S., OSHA would have a fine given out so fast, heads would spin.
            3) Jill has got down pat that "arrogant" walk of someone in charge and knows it. She must have seen it enough from Sticky, Neil, and Jessica on Blade: The Series.
            4) To me, the kiss looked initiated by Sheppard, but countered with the stunner by Larrin. I also noticed she had a less revealing coat on during this bit.
            5) Have I mentioned yet that I am jealous of JF?
            6) The weapon Larrin is carrying on her right leg holster is not a Wraith stunner, but it doesn't look like Ronon's weapon either.
            7) The ship looks like technology kept being added to it somewhat haphazardly and isn't something in the original ship's design.
            Last edited by Redhooks; 10 June 2007, 10:37 AM. Reason: Added two more points
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
              Finally, I have seen the Season 4 clip thanks to vaberella. My thoughts on the clip from Travelers:

1) I am very jealous of Joe Flanigan right now.
              2) Sheppard trips on a hose running across the floor, not on his tied or untied shoes as some people in another thread have suggested. Also, if that was in the U.S., OSHA would have a fine given out so fast, heads would spin.
              3) Jill has got down pat that "arrogant" walk of someone in charge and knows it. She must have seen it enough from Sticky, Neil, and Jessica on Blade: The Series.
              4) To me, the kiss looked initiated by Sheppard, but countered with the stunner by Larrin. I also noticed she had a less revealing coat on during this bit.
              5) Have I mentioned yet that I am jealous of JF?

Ummm probably not as jealous as I am of Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                Yep. I'm pretty jealous of Jill too.
                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                Sig and avi by me
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                  Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                  Yep. I'm pretty jealous of Jill too.
                  I understand the point of view of both of you.
                  We should have thought about being stand-ins when they practiced the scene!!!
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

and pratice over and over and over...
                    Sig and avi by me
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Oh if only!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Exactly. It wouldnt be realistic to have a great looking ship.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Exactly. It wouldnt be realistic to have a great looking ship.
                          I think they need 'Pimp My Ride'.
                          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Unless you were both standins at the same time. I'd die laughing if you and Ali were expecting to kiss JL/JF and ended up smooching each other.
                            sigpic
                            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                              Unless you were both standins at the same time. I'd die laughing if you and Ali were expecting to kiss JL/JF and ended up smooching each other.
                              Sig and avi by me
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                                I think they need 'Pimp My Ride'.
                                "Coming this summer on Scifi a brand new reality series Pimp My Starship"
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X