Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, but the Travelers race look like so disappointing. Humans without any make-up? It is such a cheap solution from the writers.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Why would they have make-up?

Comment

JM presented the Travelers as a new alien race, but they are only a human folk. They don't look like aliens at all. The Priors and the Wraith are so cool, because they have some unique in their outlook. But the Travelers? Space pirates?
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          JM presented the Travelers as a new alien race, but they are only a human folk. They don't look like aliens at all. The Priors and the Wraith are so cool, because they have some unique in their outlook. But the Travelers? Space pirates?
          Pirates are the new thing If you look at the Pegasus Galaxy most of them are human type colonies, there's not many we've seen that are alien in the context you described, apart from the Wraith, but they've only just begun explore other civilisations and maybe further down the line we will meet some not so human ancestors. But the jist I get from SGA is that the Ancients may have populated other planets.. just as the ancients did in SG1 and that's why they are so human like...

I agree it would be cool to have a race that aren't 'human' so to speak, but whether we'll get that down the line... who knows. Teyla and Ronon are aliens so what made you think these would be alien 'aliens'? Did that make sense

Comment

If I know well, the Travelers lived in MW, so they shouldn't be humans. Why di I have that strange feeling, that the Travelers will be the Lucian Alliance v2.0? Sorry, but I don't feel myself exited about them. Maybe they will have some cool ships, but I wanted alien physiology. Ok, the CGI non-humanoid aliens are expensive, but they could have created a more unique alien race for Atlantis.

Comment

JM said alien race, not alien species. All the spoilers I have read have said they are humans in a generational ship (or ships now that armada was mentioned) who fled from their Wraith-culled world. You have to understand that not all uses of the word "alien" mean non-human. In the U.S., we call people who are in this country without proper ID and "right" to be here as illegal "aliens." That means they are not U.S. citizens and are "alien" to our country. You have got to love the English language and the MANY different uses and meanings of the same word.

I think that space pirates is a good description of their costume look and maybe what the writers were trying for except these people are looking for technology.

As far as the make-up comment, I'm sure all the actors/actresses portraying the Travelers had make-up on.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I am very pro-season4 and season5 fan, so I will wait the new episodes.

Comment

Thanks. I am very pro-season4 and season5 fan, so I will wait the new episodes.
                  Who knows you might get your 'aliens' in season 5

*fills her cup of happiness to the top*

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                    Who knows you might get your 'aliens' in season 5

*fills her cup of happiness to the top*
                    Yep. Mine's overflowing too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      Same here, season 4 will be awsome IMO.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                        Looks like a flood in here...
                        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                        Sig and avi by me
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                          Quick we need Noah! Anybody got an Ark? Sorry in a sarcastic mood today.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                            Quick! Someone grab the pumps and buckets! This thread's overflowing with squee!!
                            click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Sorry, but the Travelers race look like so disappointing. Humans without any make-up? It is such a cheap solution from the writers.
                              I'd rather have them be human than the Trek solution - ridges on noses on all alien races. But it would be vastly different to see NO makeup on a human on a TV show. Heck, even corpses have makeup on CSI.

Comment

What's crappy is how bad their ship looks. IT looks like it is only around the level of the genii.
                                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                                X