X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
    Thanks!
    If Teyla isn't rescued in time, then...hey, she'll be dead! Yay! >.>

And by the way, Shep can't be injured in that incident. He's Mr. Fantastic, remember? He'll just flatten, get up, and re-inflate to go save his team.

Comment

Teyla is the Sexy Alien Chick. They won't kill her.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Teyla is the Sexy Alien Chick. They won't kill her.
        I hate it when you're right. >.> Kate was way cuter, in my opinion, and they killed her...in her sleep!! Sexiest alien? The Seer's daughter. *drool* I'd say Chaya was hot, but she counts as a goddess, not an alien. <.<

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel View Post
          And by the way, Shep can't be injured in that incident. He's Mr. Fantastic, remember? He'll just flatten, get up, and re-inflate to go save his team.
          Oh injured, sure. Just nothing that lasts beyond that series of eps. Reset button and all. It's like those cartoons when someone gets scuffed up and in the next set of frames they're magically shiny and new.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              Oh injured, sure. Just nothing that lasts beyond that series of eps. Reset button and all. It's like those cartoons when someone gets scuffed up and in the next set of frames they're magically shiny and new.
              Hahaha. So true.

Comment

But she's the only Sexy Alien Chick on the team. At least until they bring in Larrin. *sigh*

Now that TPTB have flat-out admitted that they're aiming for the 18-34 male demographic I imagine the SACs will be, um, busting out all over.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  But she's the only Sexy Alien Chick on the team. At least until they bring in Larrin. *sigh*

Now that TPTB have flat-out admitted that they're aiming for the 18-34 male demographic I imagine the SACs will be, um, busting out all over.
                  ROFL

Larrin. *dreamy sigh* But seriously, Teyla isn't that hot. And I don't mean strictly physically. She has no charisma. Larrin has some sex appeal, on the other end. Anyways.

Comment

If Teyla isn't rescued in time, then...hey, she'll be dead! Yay! >.>

*sticks tongue out* I like Teyla, so I don't want her dead.

Hee hee, Mr. Fantastic, hee hee!

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    Nah, there's just this thing called Time between eps that occurs without us seeing it. SGA isn't like LOST, where we're checking in every three or four days. Sometimes there're weeks passing in Pegasus while only a week passes for us. Other times...not so much...time.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

*sticks tongue out* I like Teyla, so I don't want her dead.

Hee hee, Mr. Fantastic, hee hee!

I like her too...........as a cold corpse on the floor of an empty warehouse!!

Bahahahahaha. *hides*

Thanks for the rep and comment, by the way. I really appreciate. =) Time to leave for the meeting though, back to argue and goof in a few hours.
                      Last edited by Demerzel; 14 March 2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I like her too...........as a cold corpse on the floor of an empty warehouse!!

Bahahahahaha. *hides*

Thanks for the rep and comment, by the way. I really appreciate. =) Time to leave for the meeting though, back to argue and goof in a few hours.
                        *throws Wraith goo at Demerzel!* LOL!

You're welcome, BTW!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                        O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Nah, there's just this thing called Time between eps that occurs without us seeing it. SGA isn't like LOST, where we're checking in every three or four days. Sometimes there're weeks passing in Pegasus while only a week passes for us. Other times...not so much...time.
                          Yes, "this thing called Time" + never mentioning an event that affects a character beyond the ep it happened = Reset button. See also: Reunion, Doppelganger, Tabula Rasa, Miller's Crossing, Harmony, Outcast, and Trio.

Comment

Why would they mention them? Seriously, why would they just go "hey, remember how...?" in the middle of some scene when it has nothing to do with the plot?

That's not a reset button, that's "not dragging the plot down with irrelevant info". With a show that usually see cuts of minutes of footage, time is of the essence. And it is an action/adventure show, first and foremost.

And they did mention Harmony in The Last Man.

It puzzles me; Stargate has NEVER done what you're asking them to do. You're not criticising them because this is a new thing, are you?

Comment

We're digressing again.

Atlantis is overly fond of the reset button, IMO, and TLM is just the latest example of it... only this time there isn't even anything to reset since all those events never happened. Or at least they aren't going to happen now. The writers had a field day killing everyone off because they knew it wasn't "real" and while some fans were obviously affected by it anyway I have a hard time accepting that the drama was supposed to feel real. Yes, Teyla's still missing and maybe that's supposed to be the real scare factor of the ep, but even that's hard to believe because I know she's going to be rescued. I don't even have to read the spoilers to find out; she's a main character so obviously she'll be saved. And I could care less about the fate of her Baby of Doom because whatever happens that will work out, too. It's hard to work up a feeling of suspense when you know the writers are gonna take the safe route out of any situation.

Comment

It's hard to hold the writers over the fire for something that pretty much every TV series of all time has done, though. It's not their fault that for as long as television has been produced, it has been assumable more often than not that main characters will make it out of a given situation.

In fact, if you set aside spoilers, it's pretty easy to argue that the formula is broken on SGA far more often than other shows, given that Ford may have been killed, and Weir and Beckett were both definitively killed.
                                Theoretically spoilerish:
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X