Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Last Man" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best comparison we have so far:

The Daedalus:

The Phoenix and Daedalus(bottom):

(Thanks to Maniac Mike and Kirmit)

Comment

I don't think it will be a new class of ship, especially because Joeseph Mallozzi said that we won't be seeing any new kind of ships. I do hope it's some kind of future ship because I really don't like that Asgard console and the schematic screen behind everything, also, without the star map, the bridge doesn't look as cool.

Old McKay and a new ship, hopefully it's a time travel thing, but we don't know for sure yet.

However, it would fit the 1 ship per year timeline for construction if it's another new ship, but the console on the bridge isn't very attractive looking.

Vala,

Comment

Well, maybe the star map is now holographic, and integrated into the Asgard console?

Comment

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01652.JPG

USS Feenicks = Phoenix? Can the whole ship be only a joke?
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

No, The badge is a joke, the ship is not. No need to worry

Ask the guy yourself! He is, afterall, a forumer here

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              what's with the sand?
              Not sure I follow you!

The sand ain't gonna be inside the ships. Therefore with some tricky & complex deductions I have came up with the fact that perhaps it's to do with a planet they visit that has sand on it's surface. Could be a long shot, perhaps it's about Asuras & how they build sandcastles for a passtime when not busy replicating themselves but I think it's safe to say it's a sandly planet which they visit. Just like we saw lots of sand in 'The Defiant One'.

The ep is over 40mins long, not all of it will be on situated Atlantis or Phoenix. Leaving time to do some scenes off-world on a 'sandy' planet! It'll probably end up being a Wraith planet or perhaps the Wraith home planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                I don't think it will be a new class of ship, especially because Joeseph Mallozzi said that we won't be seeing any new kind of ships. I do hope it's some kind of future ship because I really don't like that Asgard console and the schematic screen behind everything, also, without the star map, the bridge doesn't look as cool.

Old McKay and a new ship, hopefully it's a time travel thing, but we don't know for sure yet.

However, it would fit the 1 ship per year timeline for construction if it's another new ship, but the console on the bridge isn't very attractive looking.

Vala,
                He said that a few months ago when they hadn't even written the finale. So it's entirely possible that things have changed. It stands to reason that it has most the same interior as a regular 304 because then they'll needed to have built an entirely new ship bridge. Which considering S5 may oir may not happen, then I doubt they'd have risked spending large sums of money on changing everything around. So to save money, they most likely just used the existing set & modified it a little bit. That however doesn't necessarily means it's a 304 because they could really change the exterior via CGI. The Asgard tech on the bridge would actually make a lot more sense than human stuff simply because it's so more advanced. Why bother with having a map display, when you can have stuff that does it digitally, holograms etc.

McKay is old, so we all assume that it somehow involved time-travel because it's the most likely outcome.However there actually could be other outcomes such as McKay being fed upon in the ep. Even they do a themed episode that peers or shows us into the future. In which they are all old & McKay is perhaps the last one standing from the original expedition. It shows how they finally defeated the Wraith or Asurans etc after all that time.

Only bad thing about Phoenix is normally another ship has to go. Daedalus is only mentioned in one ep so far. After 'BAMSR', there is nothing regarding it again, while Apollo is mentioned. So hope Big D doesn't get chopped because it's the very first ever 304, had n Asgard permanently stationed aboard & has the coolest Earth ship captain we've seen yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01652.JPG

USS Feenicks = Phoenix? Can the whole ship be only a joke?
                  What can I say, I was bored and had a creative moment. It was the last day of shooting for the season so I thought I would try to be entertaining.

Comment

that seems really cool, sadly we have many many months to wait.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Dunno if its from this ep, but considering its from the last day of production...

360 View of Village

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-9-2007.html
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                        Dunno if its from this ep, but considering its from the last day of production...

360 View of Village

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-9-2007.html
                        The more and more I find out of tidbits of this episode, the more confused I get .

Spoiler:
                        Connected to Kindred/Carson, introduces the Phoenix, Sand in Atlantis/or another cityship, old McKay, some scene taking place on Earth (between Keller and McKay), and now a village!

I think it's safe to say we really know anything until at least the Kindred airs, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          Yeah. I think the Asgard console is their to replace the former object which occupied that space.
                          It's really no different than the Asgard panel which is on Daedalus. They just moved it to the bridge.
                          Most likely though, it will control the asgard weapons.
                          Most likely. It looks like a new kind of ship really looking foward to seeing what it looks like.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01686.JPG

This have to be the Phoenix's bridge.

edit.: Sorry, I didn't see the link in the other post.

Herb: Are you on the picture?
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Video!!!

Bridge of the Pheonix

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...r-10-2007.html
                              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Hmm parts of it look similar and others not. Be interesting in seeing the finished product.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X