Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Last Man" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be nice if Mallozzi spent a little less time typing out million word blog posts, and a little more time actually devoted to making the show better. His entire blog is encyclopedia-length.

Comment

For once we're getting a direct way of interacting with the head hunchos, unlike many other shows, and you're complaining about it?

This is a Godsend.

Comment

I think:

Spoiler:

Its Michael related, with Beckett's return being part of the plot

I would place money on it

sigpic
        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevearm07 View Post
          It'd be nice if Mallozzi spent a little less time typing out million word blog posts, and a little more time actually devoted to making the show better. His entire blog is encyclopedia-length.
          You're complaining that his blog is too long? Uh ok whatever. It's a miracle that we actually can talk to a show runner.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Mr Shanks? Hmmm mabey we will see him in season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
              I think:

Spoiler:

Its Michael related, with Beckett's return being part of the plot

I would place money on it
              Uh seriously doubt it. Last Man doesnt have Carson but it could relate to it if Paul wants to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                You're complaining that his blog is too long? Uh ok whatever. It's a miracle that we actually can talk to a show runner.
                Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                For once we're getting a direct way of interacting with the head hunchos, unlike many other shows, and you're complaining about it?

This is a Godsend.
                I'm not disputing the fact that we get to talk to a show runner. My point was about the length and depth of his blog. I was hoping that maybe he could spend a little less time writing 5000 words on what he ate for lunch, and actually DO SOME PROPER WORK, that'll improve a show that's badly in danger of cancellation in a year's time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Uh seriously doubt it. Last Man doesnt have Carson but it could relate to it if Paul wants to come back.
                  I know Paul's not in it, but we already know The Kindred heavily relates to The Last Man, per JM.

sigpic
                  www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                  Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I'm not disputing the fact that we get to talk to a show runner. My point was about the length and depth of his blog. I was hoping that maybe he could spend a little less time writing 5000 words on what he ate for lunch, and actually DO SOME PROPER WORK, that'll improve a show that's badly in danger of cancellation in a year's time.
                    So you expect the guy to work 24/7 yeah? Give the guy a break, this is his free time he is spending letting us know what is going on. The guy puts the work in and has a social life like anyone should, he is doing proper work in his contracted hours so just leave him alone.
                    Last edited by kirmit; 13 November 2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

And maybe you should stop complaining about Stargate on some fansite and concentrate on whatever work you do?

Comment

I don't know if this has already been confirmed or not, but according to this:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1..._kindred.shtml

Michael's in this episode! Awesome!

Comment

Hey guys. Im not sure if this has already been posted but i found this -

Sheppard returns to Atlantis after a mission and finds the city abandoned, all systems dead -- and instead of ocean, sand dunes as far as the eye can see.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/index.shtml

Jill Wagner's supposed to be in this episode aswell!

From Ign review of Seer - "On a good note, we attended the Stargate Atlantis convention this weekend in Burbank, CA and Joe Flanigan (Col. John Sheppard), let us in on a little secret (not a spoiler), Jill Wagner (aka Larrin from the episode "Travelers") will being reprising her character in the season four finale."

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/836/836236p1.html

Comment

What pointless remarks. You may as well say I shouldn't write fanfic in my free time in the evenings and instead should be devoting all my time to working at my day job.

Just because you might not be enjoying the current direction of the show, doesn't mean Joe and the rest of the staff don't work VERY hard to write and produce the show. And to imply, as you do here, that the show is no good (in your opinion of course) because Joe is skiving off and not bothering to do the job he is paid for is insulting and, actually, libellous.

If you can spend your free time pratting about on GW, then Joe can spend his writing his blog.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terra_Atlantus_Ancient View Post
                              Sheppard returns to Atlantis after a mission and finds the city abandoned, all systems dead -- and instead of ocean, sand dunes as far as the eye can see.

From Ign review of Seer - "On a good note, we attended the Stargate Atlantis convention this weekend in Burbank, CA and Joe Flanigan (Col. John Sheppard), let us in on a little secret (not a spoiler), Jill Wagner (aka Larrin from the episode "Travelers") will being reprising her character in the season four finale."

Thanks for the tip. I'm intrigued that we finally get to see Atlantis in SAND - not ice (Antartica) or water (present time). What do people think happened? An alternate or parallel universe spin? Time dilation or time travel? I must say, I'm glad that it's Sheppard who discovers this as "the last man" as it does bring him full circle, in a way....

Curious if we'll resolve this in 1-2 episodes or if there'll be a gradual reveal of what happened in those two separate timelines / different groups of people over the course of the season. It would be a risky but refreshing story telling move. BSG did this well - at least in its pilot season.
                              Last edited by lostinspace; 20 November 2007, 12:19 PM.
                              Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Originally posted by Terra_Atlantus_Ancient View Post
                                Hey guys. Im not sure if this has already been posted but i found this -

Wow! Finally a summary on the episode. Sounds like "There But For The Grace of God" if you ask me. Plus, that could explain the Phoenix, tech from an alternate universe or something.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                                X