This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
    Actually it was a wraith cruiser. An even easier target than a hive.
    We cannot fault Caldwell and his officer. They were under strict orders from Sheppard. They tried to target it without doing to much damage. They tried to graze the engines but missed. The plasma weapons could cut the cruiser like a knife through butter . I fail to see why people diss the Dedy. They took a gamble in order to save Teyla.

Comment

What happened to Capt. Kleinman? Was he replaced by that lady next to Caldwell or did the attack just happen in his off shift?

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
        OMG, what a terrible chaos!

I mean, it was good episode but...why do they have to give everything to one episode? If they skipped Harmony, Quarantine and Trio and did the actual so called story-arc, it would have been much better.
        I'll agree with that. I found the first third of this ep rather slow and boring. I think it would have been better if they had introduced the mysterious plague and Teyla's visions into any of the inane filler eps preceding this one. That way they could have started the ep with Teyla leaving to the market and Shep et al. learning that Todd was contacting them and ran from there.

That said, I always enjoy seeing Todd and Michael did not disappoint. Wish I could be excited about seeing Carson, but since he's likely either a clone or repliclone it's just not as gripping.

A decent ep after that huge run of fillers. Nothing spectacular, but my standards are substantially down after that crap.

Plus, I also saw Teyla's deep cut outfit as blatant pandering. And that's coming from someone who's had no problem with her outfits in the past seasons. It's like they were trying way to hard to say "Yeah she's pregnant but she's still HAWT!" No duh, tone it down guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          We cannot fault Caldwell and his officer. They were under strict orders from Sheppard. They tried to target it without doing to much damage. They tried to graze the engines but missed. The plasma weapons could cut the cruiser like a knife through butter . I fail to see why people diss the Dedy. They took a gamble in order to save Teyla.
          The point wasnt that they werent able to disable it after Shep told them to hold fire. The point was that based on how quickely and with great ease they took out repicator ships they should have already blown it out of the sky before Shep could tell them to hold fire. It should not have been that difficult a fight.

EDIT: Plus Shep cant give Caldwell strick orders, just suggestions which Caldwell is free to ignore in order to protect his ship. Caldwell outranks Shep.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
            I'll agree with that. I found the first third of this ep rather slow and boring. I think it would have been better if they had introduced the mysterious plague and Teyla's visions into any of the inane filler eps preceding this one. That way they could have started the ep with Teyla leaving to the market and Shep et al. learning that Todd was contacting them and ran from there.

That said, I always enjoy seeing Todd and Michael did not disappoint. Wish I could be excited about seeing Carson, but since he's likely either a clone or repliclone it's just not as gripping.

A decent ep after that huge run of fillers. Nothing spectacular, but my standards are substantially down after that crap.

Plus, I also saw Teyla's deep cut outfit as blatant pandering. And that's coming from someone who's had no problem with her outfits in the past seasons. It's like they were trying way to hard to say "Yeah she's pregnant but she's still HAWT!" No duh, tone it down guys.

She looks like a football yet she is dressed in such a manner that she has no problems getting in clubs

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              As per the ep being predicatable, when you read spoilers, It's predictable.
              EXACTLY! I hate when people call something predictable when:
              a) they've heard spoilers about it
              b) it was given away in the adverts
              c) they know someone's gonna be in it cos their name's in the credits

If you didn't know Carson would be back in this ep, and Michael and Todd's names were not in the credits, and you knew nothing about it beforehand, would it be predictable?

Comment

Teyla in skimpy clothes...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                  The point wasnt that they werent able to disable it after Shep told them to hold fire. The point was that based on how quickely and with great ease they took out repicator ships they should have already blown it out of the sky before Shep could tell them to hold fire. It should not have been that difficult a fight.

EDIT: Plus Shep cant give Caldwell strick orders, just suggestions which Caldwell is free to ignore in order to protect his ship. Caldwell outranks Shep.
                  Yeah but Caldwell has become close with this expedition. Of course he is going to listen to Sheppard's suggestion. He doesn't want to kill Teyla. It not like the deadalus was sustaining heavy damage. Still, a choice would of been made, and I think Caldwell would of focused all energy on the shields rather than weapons to give Sheppard more time.

I think it was very well played. The entire episode was done very well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                    EXACTLY! I hate when people call something predictable when:
                    a) they've heard spoilers about it
                    b) it was given away in the adverts
                    c) they know someone's gonna be in it cos their name's in the credits

If you didn't know Carson would be back in this ep, and Michael and Todd's names were not in the credits, and you knew nothing about it beforehand, would it be predictable?
                    Uhmm...yes.

1. Michael tells Teyla that he cares about her well being. I knew he wanted her baby and I did not read any spoilers on that.
                    2. Kanaan suddenly appearing in Teyla's visions after all this time. I knew something is wrong and she will see something she does not like. Proof? Kanaan is working with Michael.
                    3. The hoffan virus is used on random people and hurts all the wraith factions. I knew Todd will play a part in this episode.

Should I go on?

I don't get why Sheppard has the Top Gun approach in the pic I posted above. Is it really that sunny or he has very sensitive eyes, compared to the rest of his crew

Comment

Uhmm...yes.

1. Michael tells Teyla that he cares about her well being. I knew he wanted her baby and I did not read any spoilers on that.
                      2. Kanaan suddenly appearing in Teyla's visions after all this time. I knew something is wrong and she will see something she does not like. Proof? Kanaan is working with Michael.
                      3. The hoffan virus is used on random people and hurts all the wraith factions. I knew Todd will play a part in this episode.

Should I go on?

I don't get why Sheppard has the Top Gun approach in the pic I posted above. Is it really that sunny or he has very sensitive eyes, compared to the rest of his crew
                      Eh, we've all been so spoiled none of us can say it was predictable...

Anyway, WHY ISN'T IT ON iTUNES YET!?!?!?!?!? ARG!
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        Eh, we've all been so spoiled none of us can say it was predictable...

Anyway, WHY ISN'T IT ON iTUNES YET!?!?!?!?!? ARG!

Since Missing I stay away from spoilers. SGA does not interest me anymore and the only reason keeping me in front of the telly is perseverance. I finish what I start. After the last S4 episode airs, I will stop watching this hezmana

Comment

Since Missing I stay away from spoilers. SGA does not interest me anymore and the only reason keeping me in front of the telly is perseverance. I finish what I start. After the last S4 episode airs, I will stop watching this hezmana
                          Blasphemy
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I've been trying to stay away from spoilers as much as possible and by doing so I've enjoyed the eps much more, However, I'm really pissed at Scifi's ads for this, saying you won't believe what happens in the last 5 mins and then they show Carson. WTG Scifi.

I liked it, it was a good storyline, tying up a few loose ends, opening up new ones. I love the Hoffan connection.

Rodney trying to brainwash the baby...that man's ego is just unbelievable

Michael looked good, more human like. No more feeding for him? Give that wraith a steak! I wonder what plans he has for the baby. The baby has wraith DNA from both parents. Hmmmmm. I've always suspected Michael has a thing for Teyla.

Kanaan was creepy. Is he a wraith worshipper now or a hybrid? Poor Teyla. I kept waiting for her to go into labor.

Todd was so cool. I love the bits of snark between him and Shep. He has always intrigued me as has Michael.

I still can't figure out Carson. Is he a replicator, or just a clone or the real deal. Who really was killed in Sunday ? JM said in his blog it was the real Carson. Is Carson evil now? I want it to be next Friday!

I give it 8/10
                            Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                            Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                            GateCon Attendee 2008
                            Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
                              Yup, exactly. I laugh when people say it was predictable, Um hello the folks here read the spoilers and even saw the promo with the huge spoiler.

How can you know what I read and what I don't? Apart from the fact that I knew Michael will appear I knew nothing. SGA does not interest me anymore. A bit out of place to presume that you know what people do.

Comment

I'll have to say it was nice to see the entire team again go offworld, even if they weren't technically on a mission and Teyla was not carrying a gun.

I've missed the team as other people on here have expressed as well, I don't remember the last episode we saw them all go on a mission together. It's been so long, heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X