Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- You knew Michael was there so you knew his crazy experiments must be involved.
    I was expecting an army of bugs to invade populated worlds. Did that happen? Nope. So the Michael thing in the promo did not give me any hints. In fact it put me on the wrong track

- You knew Beckett would be in it due to the promo, so you must have been thinking how he fits into all this.
    Yes, I thought a replicator clone died in Sunday and this is the real Becket. I'll see if I was wrong next week.

- You know a virus is spreading; virus' are usually looked at by Doctors. Beckett is a doctor.
    Is Todd a doctor?

- So just from those two things, it's possible to gather than Beckett has something to do with this mysterious illness going around. But Beckett is good, and he wouldn't do that. But Michael hates humans AND Wraith, so maybe he's behind it... but he'd need help; Beckett. See?

Not really. I had no idea and still dont know if Becket is involved. When i saw Todd's desire to find a cure for the virus I automatically thought Michael had something to do with it. But it never crossed my mind that Becket helped him.

All your points were off by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      Not really. I had no idea and still dont know if Becket is involved
      We dont know the situation. Obviously knowing Carson he would never agree or willfully do what Michael wants to do but if Michael threatned the lives of some innocent to be killed right in front of Carson because Carson said no to Michael you can bet Carson would cave in & I have no doubt that Carson also would when he gets the chance at the same time try putting a cure together

Comment

The invisible love interest finally shows up in a dream/vision and we're supposed to feel Teyla's pain when he turns up as a Wraith experiment? It's kind of hard to relate to invisible characters, like the less-than-moving disappearance of the Athosians who have been invisible already for two seasons now.

I find it strange that Teyla mentions only now her childhood friend who also has the Wraith gene. It never came up when she was wrestling with how to come to terms with its origin, or anxious about how to tell her people. And it never occurred to anyone that having more than one person able to tap into the Wraith mind would be an asset?

Michael, who hates humans for what they've done to him in the past, namely turning him into a human, now wants to be more human. He hates both wraith and humans enough to develop an evil plan to kill them off, but wants to create a mutant army of human/wraith hybrids? And I'm missing the point entirely of eliminating his ability to feed on life force energy. I can understand the usefulness of having an alternative feeding method, as a backup plan, but not doing away with the feeding hand entirely. Are we to understand now that the strength of the wraith has nothing at all to do with feeding on human life force, that it's only a source of basic nutrition?

Overall, it was boring, and made very little sense. I'm glad we're getting Carson back, but it's starting to look more and more like he's going to get the same treatment as Weir.

Comment

I was expecting an army of bugs to invade populated worlds. Did that happen? Nope. So the Michael thing in the promo did not give me any hints.

Yes, I thought a replicator clone died in Sunday and this is the real Becket. I'll see if I was wrong next week.

Is Todd a doctor?

Not really. I had no idea and still dont know if Becket is involved. When i saw Todd's desire to find a cure for the virus I automatically thought Michael had something to do with it. But it never crossed my mind that Becket helped him.

All your points were off by a mile.
          Not really; my point was to show how someone may get everything from that information, not that you necessarily did. I have no idea how you think, after all.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The only spoiler I knew was Carson's return and that wasn't until the very end. Everything leading up to that point still felt overly familiar and too easy to predict.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              The only spoiler I knew was Carson's return and that wasn't until the very end. Everything leading up to that point still felt overly familiar and too easy to predict.
              Maybe the will believe you because they do not believe me. I had an Andromeda and Farscape marathon so I had no clue what is going on with SGA. I expected Becket to appear in that episode on Earth with the replicator running free

Comment

Well to be honest I did like the episode and only have one thing to say..................this is my own opinion mind you but I could not help thinking it in this ep............................

that the baby is not kanhans' it has to be

Michaels.................

i knwo i could be very wrong. but how do you explain him being able to contact her that far away?

also my favorite person, carson beckett has been put on reaccuring status in season five. I think that the reason for this is he is a replicator and he will be doing what tori higgins was supposed to be doing before she dropped out.

again this is a sad day for us all.

Comment

big up to who ever used the piano theme from season 5 sg1 .....so perfect
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I was watching this and scratching my head. I got confused for a bit. It is Daniel and Teyla? Sha're and Kanan? Wait, its Teyla and Sha're! And Kanan is missing! No. . . its Sha're who went missing! No, wrong again, no, its. . .wait, Sha're was pregnant, but turns out it isn't Daniel's baby, and the evil mastermind kidnaps her and the baby is. . ., no, um, its Teyla is pregnant by Kanan, but. . .no. . .maybe it isn't Kanan. . . maybe the real daddy is the evil mastermind who has kidnapped her, and. . . . . the baby is SPECIAL! No, that was Sha're's baby who was SPECIAL! No, um, uh, WAIT, its Teyla's baby who is SPECIAL! But the Wraith took the Abydonians. . .I think., . .or the Ancients took the Athosians, or maybe the Abydonians took the Athosians, or maybe they all went camping together???

Oh, my head hurts.

At least this was better than the crapfest trilogy known as Trio/Quarantine/Harmony, except for the twist ending that Skiffy ruined in their bazillion commercials broadcast all over the place.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                      I was watching this and scratching my head. I got confused for a bit. It is Daniel and Teyla? Sha're and Kanan? Wait, its Teyla and Sha're! And Kanan is missing! No. . . its Sha're who went missing! No, wrong again, no, its. . .wait, Sha're was pregnant, but turns out it isn't Daniel's baby, and the evil mastermind kidnaps her and the baby is. . ., no, um, its Teyla is pregnant by Kanan, but. . .no. . .maybe it isn't Kanan. . . maybe the real daddy is the evil mastermind who has kidnapped her, and. . . . . the baby is SPECIAL! No, that was Sha're's baby who was SPECIAL! No, um, uh, WAIT, its Teyla's baby who is SPECIAL! But the Wraith took the Abydonians. . .I think., . .or the Ancients took the Athosians, or maybe the Abydonians took the Athosians, or maybe they all went camping together???

Oh, my head hurts.

At least this was better than the crapfest trilogy known as Trio/Quarantine/Harmony, except for the twist ending that Skiffy ruined in their bazillion commercials broadcast all over the place.

So smooth yet so to the point

***green for you my friend ****

Comment

Maybe the will believe you because they do not believe me.
                        Meh. Probably not, but it doesn't really matter. We know we didn't know.

This is actually the first ep I've seen since Doppelganger. I saw Lorne in the previews and I knew they were doing the Big Reveal with Carson and since the Psych finale was last week I had nothing better to do with my time and was bored enough to see if the show was as bad as I remember. The ep wasn't cringe-worthy, but I don't think it was very good, either. The dialogue felt clunky in places, and not just that trader dude's. The story seemed awkwardly strung together as well and designed to pass time without accomplishing much.

IMO, what Teyla should have done was gone to Shep or Sam and said, "Hey look, I know you guys are kinda busy right now, but I've had a vision of Kanaan. I haven't mentioned it before, but he and I are a lot alike; we both have Wraith DNA and I think he may be trying to contact me the way I've contacted the Wraith. Is it okay if I go to this planet he mentioned and see what I can find?" And, since Teyla has proven herself time and again over the years, they should damn well believe her and let her go without the "It's probably nothing, so don't waste too much of our time, Mamacita" attitude. Let her go on her own or send a team with her, but have a little faith in one of the members of your primary team.

Comment

I think i ruined the episode for myself with the knowledge that Carson was coming back. I'd psyched myself up for a big Carson story that revolved around his resurrection, but in this half of the story all he got was one line and the rest was bloody Teyla.

The whole premise just fell on it's ass when they decided to base it around Teyla's search for a character who is so dull and uninteresting, they never bothered introducing him to us. The guy is a walking plot device, of course bad things will happen to him, leading to his eventual death, probably in a huge sacrificial explosion he sets off because he loathes what he's become.

I wanted more Carson damn it...

Comment

damn nice way to end an episode, i just love it....... have to be one of the best ever

Carson is back!!!

Comment

Perhaps not the most tense episode (but hello, it's part 1 of a two parter), but I really enjoyed the character development. I was just watching some S1 episodes of SGA, and I have to admit...I think we've seen more character development from these characters than the equivalent four seasons on SG-1 (which I've been watching through from the beginning over the past couple months). That bit with Rodney and Teyla? My God, he has some tact now! Arrogant still, wimpy still, but what growth! It's not so obvious or easy to explain in the other characters, but there's something about them that feels more mature, more homogenized as a team.

Kanaan was a bit dull, but Teyla's concern was enough for me. I'm probably the only one who likes Teyla's pregnancy, so I am loving the twists her arc is taking. It's all woven together nicely.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Is anyone else wondering if Kanaan really is the Baby-daddy? Michael was acting pretty paternal...

Comment

Working...
                                X