Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    OMFG!

Michael took 'Poisoning the Well' out of Beckett!

(does it need spoiler tags? Cos it's a spoiler thread?)
    I don't think so, the thread title says '*spoilers*'
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      I don't think so, the thread title says '*spoilers*'
      But how does he manage to spread it out in the galaxy? Aerosol like the retrovirus on the Hive ship, and then through the Stargate?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

But how does he manage to spread it out in the galaxy? Aerosol like the retrovirus on the Hive ship, and then through the Stargate?
        that may be the easiest solution but who knows. maybe that's one of the reasons for kidnapping Beckett
        sigpic

Comment

It would be funny, if he learned from Beckett's memory that Baal could dial so many gates, so he will send his illness into every world with the gate system. But it won't happen, because the digital gates are better and Beckett couldn't know about DHD programing and TPTB won't kill every human.

My second thought that he will use the satellite network from the Game. Beckett had to know about it, so maybe Michael could find an an Ancient technology to create new connection. Than he could change to perfect human worlds to test his poisons.

The third option that he overran a settlement with his minions that he made ill the survivors than he left them to escape.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            It would be funny, if he learned from Beckett's memory that Baal could dial so many gates, so he will send his illness into every world with the gate system. But it won't happen, because the digital gates are better and Beckett couldn't know about DHD programing and TPTB won't kill every human.

My second thought that he will use the satellite network from the Game. Beckett had to know about it, so maybe Michael could find an an Ancient technology to create new connection. Than he could change to perfect human worlds to test his poisons.

The third option that he overran a settlement with his minions that he made ill the survivors than he left them to escape.
            *Pokes her siggy* Haven't seen "The Game" yet...*

No, Beckett definitely didn't know about the Ba'al thing. Carter does. Good thing he doesn't know her and hopefully won't go through her mind.

And wow, ladies! A plot like this is the puuuurrrrfect opportunity to let Todd make yet another appearance!

*Squeeeee*

OMG... I'm not gonna get any sleep this night, again. Bloody spoilers.

(Hope it's ok to post that word, it's what's left of my Buffy-addiction).

Comment

OMFG!

(does it need spoiler tags? Cos it's a spoiler thread?)
              Spoiler tags for me, just in case
              Spoiler:

I think this is a fantastic development! And a nice way to integrate something that really was left hanging, as well as a nice way to integrate Beckett back into the bigger scheme of things.

So, it looks like Michael is attempting to get rid of the Wraith, while limiting the human population at the same time, i expect so that they are 'easily manageable'. I'm happy Michael is going to come to the forefront and play a major role in season 5.
              Last edited by SGFerrit; 03 February 2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                Spoiler tags for me, just in case

I think this is a fantastic development! And a nice way to integrate something that really was left hanging, as well as a nice way to integrate Beckett back into the bigger scheme of things.

So, it looks like Michael is attempting to get rid of the Wraith, while limiting the human population at the same time, i expect so that they are 'easily manageable'. I'm happy Michael is going to come to the forefront and play a major role in season 5.
                Or not. Cos you didn't put yours in tags, either, and it's alike my post.

Comment

it sounds interesting
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

And wow, ladies! A plot like this is the puuuurrrrfect opportunity to let Todd make yet another appearance!
                    Ooh, look what I found over at the SGA Spoiler Community:

Joe Mallozzi made reference to people getting confused over the use of the term “CG wraith” in reference to this episode, “which it turns out does NOT stand for Computer Generated” Wraith. (This implies that the Common Ground wraith returns in this episode)
                    Looks like Todd will indeed be back. We know he is in The Kindred Part I and The Last Man, at least

Also, this, from the same place:

Joe Mallozzi described the auditioning process for this episode, making reference to a line of dialogue, “Same as you. Scavenging the ruins of a dead world.”
                    I can hear Todd saying that

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                      Eight stills for THE KINDRED - PART 1 and THE KINDRED - PART 2 are now available at New Atlantis

*SQUEEEEE* I love you, Andreas! I really do, I love you, I love you! Thank you thank you thank you! You made my day! Will you marry me? (okay just kidding there) But really, thankyouthankyouthankyou! *bounces* CARSON!!!!! And TEYLA!!!!! LORNE!!!!! Did I mention CARSON! -is locked in insane asylum-

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                      Love the first one of Teyla! Kudos to Rachel for doing all she did while *that* pregnant!!
                      Agreed, Rachel/Teyla looks lovely!

OMFG!
                      Ah! I knew he had him for something, but I never though it to be from 'Poisoning the Well'! Because we were thinking, retrovirus, ATA genes ... but Poisoning the Well! All the way back. Who Knew?

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Caaaaarrrrsooooonnnn!!!
                      That's it! Let your inner fangirl out!

Yes! Yes! Fantastic development, indeed! More Michael in season five! (And of course lots more Carson too given the dismal number this year) But still the Kindred is awesome! I'm so happy, as if my life has suddenly been fufilled! It's like I'm on wraith!crack!!!

Caaaaarrrssssoonnnnnn! <insert lots of exclamation marks>

Comment

I didn't watch Season 1, and thus did not see Poisoning the Well. Could someone explain this connection that everyone seems to see, and that I don't? *frustrated*
                        sigpic
                        It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                          I didn't watch Season 1, and thus did not see Poisoning the Well. Could someone explain this connection that everyone seems to see, and that I don't? *frustrated*
                          Poisoning the Well
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            Ah, thanks. So we're thinking that Mike used Beckett to recreate this drug, and recreate the Hoff incident. Well, ain't that some emotional whump for Carson.
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like Todd will indeed be back. We know he is in The Kindred Part I and The Last Man, at least
                              The Kindred I, too? You sure? Cos they asked CH if he was in TLM, and he confirmed that.

Also, this, from the same place:

I can hear Todd saying that
                              And the problem is, I can hear him saying that to Michael.

OMG... Possible Michael and Todd interaction... *Fans*

This is NOT a good time to have Todd betray them.

What if Michael and Todd met before, and are working together? You *know* how smart Todd is, though he doesn't let them see it.

Although, he was impressed with McKay... Urgh. I don't know anymore.

Comment

The Kindred I, too? You sure? Cos they asked CH if he was in TLM, and he confirmed that.

And the problem is, I can hear him saying that to Michael.

OMG... Possible Michael and Todd interaction... *Fans*

This is NOT a good time to have Todd betray them.

What if Michael and Todd met before, and are working together? You *know* how smart Todd is, though he doesn't let them see it.

Although, he was impressed with McKay... Urgh. I don't know anymore.
                                I like that someone is more obsessed with Michael and Todd than I am. Of course, I get sidetracked whenever Mckay comes up in conversation. And you even managed to bring him up! <3
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X