Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    It would be quite interesting if Michael could find a way to do that. Imagine the problems that would cause.
    Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
    I could see that. The ATA gene probably wouldn't work on wraith and he would have to try to manipulate it to work on Michael. Good reason to keep Beckett alive. If you think about it, there is a whole host of things that Michael could use Carson for (scientifically speaking )
    Yeah but on the other hand Michael could have had a hand in Teyla's baby for that same reason. Think about it....Teyla having a vision in this ep and her wraith gene being soooo strong in SOW...it kind of makes sense. Maybe Michael wants to create a perfect human/wraith hyrbid or the baby isn't even Kanaan's but has the ATA gene and the wraith gene.

Just a thought
    Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
    &=AWESOME &Forever
    No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
      Yeah but on the other hand Michael could have had a hand in Teyla's baby for that same reason. Think about it....Teyla having a vision in this ep and her wraith gene being soooo strong in SOW...it kind of makes sense. Maybe Michael wants to create a perfect human/wraith hyrbid or the baby isn't even Kanaan's but has the ATA gene and the wraith gene.

Just a thought
      Another possibility might be that Kanan was 'gifted' through his blood line also, so combined with Teyla's gift, the baby is strong, too. And then with the baby still being inside of her, she could use that to her advantage.

However, I believe that they were in orbit around the planet, still? Cos Shep needed to fly the Puddle Jumper towards the Hive? And The Queen was a bit deeper in the facility? Aka the Hive didn't hang directly above the entrance to the cloning facility. That means that there's several miles/kilometers that needed to be bridged, so hmm, would it be enough to just have a baby with a small special power, or is daddy more special?

We'll find out in season five, me thinks... *Sigh*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
        I wonder what Michael will think about Teyla being pregnant. Will it stop his plans for her, or not?

I don't know if he wants the child, or her. Or both. Maybe he wants to turn her into a Wraith, or semi-Wraith, just to make her go through what he's gone through. Or to make himself a Queen and a mini-Hive, or maybe he just wants her dead asap.

Poor Teyla. She only wanted to do good and talked with him a lot when he was in Atlantis. Now she's paying the price, big time.
        The plans were what he was preparing for in Vengeance, right? Because I don't specifically recall him talking straightforwardly about any plans. It might have to do with the baby, it might not.

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
        Or maybe Michael promised Carson that he wouldn't launch an attack on Atlantis as long as Beckett helped him.
        That's very plausible; despite how cowardly Carson may seem at times I don't think he would be the kind to wilingly just spit out a bunch of information at once. Heck, he would be scared, but he's better than that. I can imagine him as the kind that would be best coerced into working for Mikey by threatening his friends.

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
        I think maybe Micheal has some side effects from the retrovirus still and needs Carson alive to treat it. Just speculation though.
        Makes ense given that he does look more 'humanized' in the new video, with less of the Wraith wrinkly-faceness when we last saw him.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        It would be quite interesting if Michael could find a way to do that. Imagine the problems that would cause.
        Having Mikey get the ATA gene would be very, very bad news. But again it's a very likely motivation, if not amoung many. Mikey might need Carson to modify it to fit his needs/type as a Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

The plans were what he was preparing for in Vengeance, right? Because I don't specifically recall him talking straightforwardly about any plans. It might have to do with the baby, it might not.

That's very plausible; despite how cowardly Carson may seem at times I don't think he would be the kind to wilingly just spit out a bunch of information at once. Heck, he would be scared, but he's better than that. I can imagine him as the kind that would be best coerced into working for Mikey by threatening his friends.

Makes ense given that he does look more 'humanized' in the new video, with less of the Wraith wrinkly-faceness when we last saw him.

Having Mikey get the ATA gene would be very, very bad news. But again it's a very likely motivation, if not amoung many. Mikey might need Carson to modify it to fit his needs/type as a Wraith.

Heh either way, Mikey is defiantely up to no good; you can bet on that
          As to how much? We will just have to wait and see
          &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

another episode down and...2 more to go right, 2 more then Kindred
            BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Eight stills for THE KINDRED - PART 1 and THE KINDRED - PART 2 are now available at New Atlantis

Comment

Heh either way, Mikey is defiantely up to no good; you can bet on that
                As to how much? We will just have to wait and see
                I can't wait to see just how much.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                  Eight stills for THE KINDRED - PART 1 and THE KINDRED - PART 2 are now available at New Atlantis

Are those all of the pics?

Love the first one of Teyla! Kudos to Rachel for doing all she did while *that* pregnant!!
                  &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Are those all of the pics?

Love the first one of Teyla! Kudos to Rachel for doing all she did while *that* pregnant!!
                    Yeah I'm sure it wasn't easy.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

cool thanks Andreas
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Caaaaarrrrsooooonnnn!!!

Thank you Andreas!

Comment

Comment

Spoilers:

4x18 Kindred, part 1
                            Spoiler:
                            Dr. Keller is perplexed by a mysterious new sickness that has affected a number of planets in the Pegasus Galaxy and threatens to kill hundreds of thousands of people. Further study reveals that it is not a contagion but a human engineered protein designed to kill a feeding wraith. Col. Carter and Dr. Keller realize that someone is intentionally infecting the Wraith's food supplies with no concern for the thousands of human carriers who are dying in the process.

Meanwhile, Teyla shares with Dr. McKay a vision she had in which Kanaan, the father of her child, was trying to send her a message that he is still alive. Now, more determined than ever to find him and the other missing Athosians, she convinces Sheppard to travel with her to a trading settlement in search for answers. What they find there leads them to startling discovery that no one could have anticipated.

4x19 Kindred, part 2
                            Spoiler:
                            Everyone on Atlantis is surprised to learn that a friend, once thought dead, is miraculously back among them. A captive Teyla, meanwhile, is re-united with her missing fellow Athosians who have also been interned at one of Michael's secret facilities. Ever hopeful that Sheppard will be able to mount a rescue, she begins to formulate a plan to ensure their escape, if he is able to find them in time.

I think you should make a Kindred, part 2 Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread*Spoilers thread too.

If I studied the picture well, than Kanan's death will be only a vision, a trap for Teyla. It seems they will interrogate him and from the face of Teyla, I think she will try to kill him, because the guy will be a traitor and a servant of Michael.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

OMFG!

Michael took 'Poisoning the Well' out of Beckett!

(does it need spoiler tags? Cos it's a spoiler thread?)

Comment

No, it won't. This two-parter (+TLM and S&R) will be the best and longest story in season 4-5.

Poor Pegasus human worlds. They were culled, they were destroyed by Replicators and now they will be toy for Michael. They should leave this cursed galaxy!
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X