Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
    No, I think Vista would crash and sink the city. It returns to the surface in '*Rise* of the Googlions'.
    Good point poor Atlantis Bill Gates when will you learn?!
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Just caught the title of this thread. Im not put off by the title, its not going to be the real little, they dont generally go for stupid official titles. Cept wormhole extreame. And they have never dont "the rise of" as a title in 13years of combined TV.
      As to plot i think its going to be quite interesting. ive got a feeling the travellers are going to play a big part in this episode, because they are meant to recur in the back half of the season. It cant be the Mid season 2 parter because that would make it a 5 episode parter. They might as well call it the LOTR's sci fi trilogy.
      Gotta say im looking forward to the mid season so much, maybe the rise of the googlions will be related to the travellers. I have a plot forming, the Travellers use thier ancient battleship, after ATA gening from Shepard. They unwittingly attack the replicators and they get a virus aboard thier ship. In the end we have to intervene and protect the generational ships of the Travellers from thier own, replicator controlled ancient warship. In the end the replicators take over a chunk of the travellers fleet but we destroy the Aurora with our new "upgrades". The replicators are taking over, using the virus they tried to put in to atlantis in S3 finale.
      Agreed this will likely be close to the end of the season. The whole season
      sounds like it will be great but I am really looking forward to this. But it's so far far away.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
        Just caught the title of this thread. Im not put off by the title, its not going to be the real little, they dont generally go for stupid official titles. Cept wormhole extreme.
        Wormhole X-treme! was supposed to sound stupid because it was the title of the very corny TV show Martin had created. Since that show was the main focus of the episode it made sense to call the ep that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Good point poor Atlantis Bill Gates when will you learn?!
          Uh...never
          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
            Uh...never
            Come on , life is not worth living if you don't have a couple BSODs . That is something we can thank Bill .

When are we going to see the new title? This whole ooompa loompa thing is giving me the creeps .

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Wormhole X-treme! was supposed to sound stupid because it was the title of the very corny TV show Martin had created. Since that show was the main focus of the episode it made sense to call the ep that.
              Thats why i said Cept. The wouldnt generally call an episode by a stupid title unless it was intentionalyl meant to be stupid and comical and that was the focus of the plot. Otherwise the Tower would have been called "the plumline", 200 would have been called "Crap on 10 years for the sake of it", camolot would have been called Scaling mistake and Progeny called "here we go again".
              I was making the point that this title isnt the real one and therefore people shouldnt be fretting.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

any idea what ep number this is in the season as it's not listed officially on the gateworld list and is this just the working title? or is this the final title, it just seems so strange to call an ep this?
                The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  Come on , life is not worth living if you don't have a couple BSODs . That is something we can thank Bill .

When are we going to see the new title? This whole ooompa loompa thing is giving me the creeps .
                  Good point. Thanks alot now I have that song in my head. Now I'll sitick this in your head "We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderfull Wizard of Oz....."

Comment

Good point. Thanks alot now I have that song in my head. Now I'll sitick this in your head "We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderfull Wizard of Oz....."
                    Not that song!!! That's almost as bad as "It's a Small World".

Comment

Alright, I think we can safely assume that the following location photos and info is for this episode:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC06155.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC06161.JPG

It’s hard to describe the location. Suffice it to say, the producers of Saw 5 should seriously consider checking it out. It was a serial killer’s dream. On the upside, it offered up plenty of creepy looks. On the downside, the air was so thick with whatever particulates happened to floating around (“Hey, is anybody else’s eyeballs itchy?“) that I could feel my lungs seizing up. Ah, nothing like getting out of those stuffy offices.

As it turned out, it was a very good location but it didn’t meet all of our needs. And so, we are faced with a choice: shoot part of the episode there and build the requisite lab on one of our stages, shoot the episode there and lose the lab scene, or scout out a completely different location. Thankfully, we have time to think about it.
                      Why do I think this stuff is for "Rise of..."? Because it's for an episode Joe is wrting, and he's only writing this episode, "This Mortal Coil", and "Reunion", the latter 2 having been filmed a few weeks ago already.

Ok, so this might not be the eventual location, but the point is that this episode will require a creepy looking set like the one above...and a lab.

Seems like good ole' Mike is involved more and more everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Alright, I think we can safely assume that the following location photos and info is for this episode:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC06155.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC06161.JPG

Why do I think this stuff is for "Rise of..."? Because it's for an episode Joe is wrting, and he's only writing this episode, "This Mortal Coil", and "Reunion", the latter 2 having been filmed a few weeks ago already.

Ok, so this might not be the eventual location, but the point is that this episode will require a creepy looking set like the one above...and a lab.

Seems like good ole' Mike is involved more and more everyday.
                        Not just that but it reminds me of the set for Vengence, and I still believe that Michael has something to do with this.

Comment

Not just that but it reminds me of the set for Vengence, and I still believe that Michael has something to do with this.
                          Agreed. Oooo this is gonna be so good!!!! When does S4 start again?!

Comment

It is confirmed. SGA is going DOOM 3 style. These Googlions will be toys created by a segregated Wraith. Ooooo poor Michael!!!!! (Doom 3 had a freaky doctor ) and RONON will be the marine taking care of things . Or should I say Conan?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              It is confirmed. SGA is going DOOM 3 style. These Googlions will be toys created by a segregated Wraith. Ooooo poor Michael!!!!! (Doom 3 had a freaky doctor ) and RONON will be the marine taking care of things . Or should I say Conan?

I think that the only ending I *wouldn't* be okay with is a Saprannos (ugh, can't spell today) "fade to black without wrapping up any of the dangling plotlines" ending. I think the fanbase would have to declare war if that happened, especcially since SGA might not get renewed for a 5th season.

Comment

Finally, we can stop all of the panicking. Joe has renamed his script to The Kindred.

As confirmed on his blog.

Comment

Working...
                                X