This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Ooo trans warp drive. Ok what was the topic again?

Spidershep

Comment

well i liked the episode, it had humor and some brilliant scenes

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Enjoyable episode.

Those windows are really too weak. Look at poor Weir.

John's buildering was cool, scaling and almost falling and breaking windows. That light handle was just like the cancer machine and all other Ancient tech: designed to KILL YOU!!! The cgi was nice. I really got vertigo watching those exterior shots.

Teyla's attempt to help was a bit heart-stopping. Her realizing it was too dangerous and coming back in was realistic, if a bit defeatist to all the pregnant building-climbers out there. I wonder when she will reveal how she tried but decided against it to John and how, though their conversation prior basically explained why she couldn't do crazy $#!7 like that now.

The lockdown procedure was excessive, not unlike Rodney himself. "We've all got really bad colds, blow the ZPM!!!" Er... no. The IOA'd find a cure, burn the bodies and replace the staff. Atlantis is important, ya know. Then again, put it all down to Ancient technology affected by ionospheric anomaly... KILL YOU!!!! Nice to see this planet has even MORE wonderfully deadly things to watch out for, just like Lantea. I wonder what it's star's sunspot cycle is like?

The relationship elements... The doc and Ronon. Cute, but I doubt it'd last. She'd have to die. Rodney and Katie now, instead of killing her off, tptb decide to strain the relationship by showing Rodney at his worst. Interesting call. I was afraid they were just going to kill her off like ALL OF THE OTHER doctors on the show. This was her second potential close call with the reaper this season, maybe the third time'll be the charm?

Nice to see Lorne, as always. Zelenka screws up Carter saving the day then saves it himself. Glory hound. The 2nd stringers really need to have an episode to themselves. Lorne, Dr. Serenity Firefly and Zelenka would be great together. Throw in mobile maneating plants and you can add Katie to the cast. And Chuck, just because.

A good filler/character episode where everyone got a little bit to do. More of the same, plus ships and 'splosions!!
        Last edited by nx01a; 25 January 2008, 12:39 PM.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          I must admit I did a double take at Teyla's outfit. Who designs the maternity wear in Pegasus?
          I had the same thought. I assume it's an Earth gift from... some woman who's never been pregnant before. Who lacks any and all taste or sense of functionality. Judging from his ring, I bet it was from Rodney.

Thank God they didn't do a shot from below or we'd have some serious upskirt issues. That wind was blowin' somethin' fierce!

I'm sure there's far more functional attire she could wear, but she's lost her people and I'm sure they took all their hot maternity leather fashions with them.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

****Spidershep...spidershep...does whatever a shep can ****

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              ****Spidershep...spidershep...does whatever a shep can ****
              Can he spin a web
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Can he spin a web
                Yes! He uses The HairTM to spin a web, catching Teyla as she falls out of the tower window!

He's so heroic!

I liked Teyla's outfit. She looked good in it. Plus, when she was climbing back in the window, you could see her legs. Damn, even pregnant she has better legs than I do!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

roflol... Sheppard in a Spiderman outfit... scary lol

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post

M
                    Agreed.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post

M
                      Agreed, also! It's one I have already and will in future watch again.

Comment

I thought Quarantine was a very enlightening episode.

I love Carters character a lot from SG1 and was disappointed that when she came to Atlantis she wasnt as 'hands on' but in Quarantine she helped out quite a bit...at first when Radek and Sam took their jackets off they were going to 'hit it off' but i suppose not...the pigeon thing was rather funny though.

I thought Rodney proposing was rather cute because of his typical nervous way he gets like talking about the bandaid....when rodney was lying on the ground after katie found the ring half of my family where standing up yelling at him to stand up and stop being pathetic...you do loose a bit of respect for the character in moments like that but it is a very rodney thing to do...although i am sure he would have got sick in that situation anyway because he gets bad claustraphobia doesnt he?

Keller and Ronan were very cute...i wonder if they will progress their friendship

Comment

Hey Chandy!

Good post, especially for your first one!

I think you're right - Rodney lying on the ground was kinda pathetic, but still it's a Rodney kinda thing to do.

I forgot about his claustrophobia. I bet that added to his anxiety. I did think to myself - even if the ventilation goes down, Katie & Rodney are OK because they're surrounded by all of those plants!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Wow... Been on holiday in england and have no Scifi to watch this.. Had to wait till today to see it... So i won't go through all 23 pages.

Ronon's intimate scenes with Kellar were kinda cute too. Now we know what turns Ronon on about a girl, the size of her ba... err heart. Actually he seemed really impressed with her bravado. Cute scene at the table in the rec room near the end as well, Teyla and John arent' stupid hehe.
                            I actually loved that bonding scene between the 2 chararacters. each got a look into the other one's heart and backround and perhaps felt each complimented the other's strengths. Much like mccay and katie.. And yes i did catch those knowing glimpses between Shep and teyla when Keller sat down.

Sheppard nearly fell, I was on the edge of my seat.

And Zelenka saves the day, finally.
                            Part of me actually wanted to see him fall... But another part did not want shep to die.. And i loved it that raddick was the saviour this time.

Zelenka staring into Carters chest.
                            It did look like he coped a gander...

Finally: Why isn't Radek a main character by now? He's in every episode!
                            price?? maybe he is not paid enough, though he should be!

Shouldn't the self distruct been activated by the first window being broken when john went out?
                            Maybe cause the room they were in had no sensors, but the control room does, therefore as soon as shep hit that window the sensors picked it up.

So let me get this straight, if an ugly moron presents you with a huge real rock, you would marry him??? I never could understand the neccesity of having a diamond as a proof of love. Good job, De Beers! *thumbs up*
                            me neither. I cnanot understand why so many feel lavishing high price gifts is a proof of love.. But then again i am also very single.

* Zelenka chewing himself out in Czech as he crawls through the vent (very Die Hardish) and then sliding into the power room. I love him.
                            I was getting flashbacks of bruce willis in die hard 2 when he was commenting "another unch of terrorists, another bunch of vents":..

-Zelenka messing up in front of Carter and him repeatedly asking for her forgiveness. Made him look so incompetent and Zelenka has NEVER been shown that way before. I get that they want Carter to look smart, and I liked her ideas, but I don't understand why Radek has to look like an utter idiot in comparison.
                            That looked like he was getting a little claustrophobic which can doo all sorts of things mentally to ya, so maybe it was making him act out of character.

I found the McKay/Katie scenes to be both boring and cringe-inducing thanks to Rodney's behavior. I expected some fumbling and OTT reactions from Rodney, but it was nonstop to the point that I tuned out whenever their scenes came on. Katie may have lived, but if their relationship is truly over then we won't see her again anyway. No loss on my end, I never thought much of her character.
                            he was a lot more over the top than normal this time, but then again i feel that is part of his character.. I would have lliked to see katie actually call him on it though.

[quote] Originally Posted by Chezlee View Post
                            Him climbing the tower was kinda cool with the effects and everything, but how about the idea of john, Lorne, chuck and the girl teck ALL climbing down with no difficulty...[quote]

Perhaps they had rope to use this time... Sine they always seem to have 2-3 marines on duty in the gate room with full packs (or so it seems).

Ok that is it for today..

Comment

This episode was...average.
                              Radek stepped up...as did Sam Carter.
                              But the tower climb by Superman Shepard was stretching things a little too far.
                              And Rodney's cold feet about engagement ,while understandable, made him look weaker as a character.

I'm still waiting for "darker" tone that this season was supposed to bring.
                              Season 3 is looking better all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post

Keller and Ronon. OMG, those were the most embarrassingly bad scenes from this entire season. Ronon says she is weak,

No. He said he THOUGHT she was weak, and now he realised he was wrong.

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                                Write her out now!
                                She's fine, you are just envious of her closeness to the longhaired dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X