Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed quarantine, good episode.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
      The only thing half way good about this episode was, well, there wasn't much.

Good:

Sheppard worried about Teyla having her baby and the scene with the baby kicking. Nice moment.

All Zelenka scenes, except when the writers made him stupid and had him fry the laptop.

Carter finally used her brain, for a few minutes anyway.

Lorne! But there wasn't enough of Lorne this week.

The Bad:

Sheppard's climb. How convenient that he had all those foot and hand holds all the way up! Whew, that was scary - not!

The Ancient builders of Atlantis can create a lockdown where the whole facility can be sealed, but the glass breaks on contact. Yeah, right.

No one can open the door because the mechanisms have been disconnected. Even Ronon can't get a budge. But Shep and Lorne can easily pull doors open for Carter and Zelenka. *shakes head*

Teyla - I love her this year, but all that talk about protecting her baby the last few weeks, and she stupidly goes out to get fresh air? Hey writers, I can understand her worries, but a quick look up from the broken window would have been fine, but having her stand out on the ledge? That was just dumb.

Rodney was irritating. Katie was, um, boring. I kinda liked Rodney's nervousness in the beginning, then I just wanted him to shut up.

The Worst of the Worst:

Keller and Ronon. OMG, those were the most embarrassingly bad scenes from this entire season. Ronon says she is weak, she agrees, then whines yet again about how super smart she is and how she missed all those parties. Sheesh. Write her out now!

I hope to never see this episode again. It was just stinky.

Woah. That was exactly what I was thinking...I was really disappointed in the writers for the way that they're writing Carter. This is pitiful!! I love Carter...but she isn't even acting like Carter!! It's quite pitiful. Sheppard's climb had me shaking my head during the entire thing. If it was meant to be scary, then they missed it by a long shot. And Keller. I love the actress, but to be honest...I hate the character. Get Carson back. Also!! Let's get Elizabeth back while we're at it.

I miss the ol' Stargate. The one that actually used common sense. =D
      sigpic

Comment

my thoughts on this ep

Ronon and keller- love is in the air

Carter and Zelenka- It's getting hot in here

Katie and rodney- cough, cough:

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by toomanysides View Post
          Does it really matter that much, 3 years difference? He is a tad older, big deal. Does your opinion of them change, just because of their age? Well it shouldn't. I personally never took age into account once when watching them on screen together, they are what they are. I love both characters and fretting over which one is older is kinda ridiculous at this point.
          Change my opinion of THEM? Of course not. I don't care how old either of them is independently. It changes how I read their interactions with each other. I read it as a protective big-sister affection she had for him. It was very sweet. Fretting over it? Of course not. It DOESN'T matter in the long run. That's why I don't get why on Earth you would change their ages at all if it doesn't affect story. I think it would be more of a compliment to AT to give her her real age because I agree with those who said she DOESN'T look it and...Oh forget it, I obviously wasn't getting my point across very well the first time (which happens to me quite frequently), my thought processes are too weird for most people to follow and I confuse people more when I try to over-explain myself!

Back to Quarantine: I was confused as to why the vents were open from one area to another. I know ventilation was shut down at one point, then did I hear them say in the control room they had gotten it going again? But they didn't get doors unlocked? Not a nitpick. An honest question, I think I missed some conversation somewhere.

Comment

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
              Change my opinion of THEM? Of course not. I don't care how old either of them is independently. It changes how I read their interactions with each other. I read it as a protective big-sister affection she had for him. It was very sweet. Fretting over it? Of course not. It DOESN'T matter in the long run. That's why I don't get why on Earth you would change their ages at all if it doesn't affect story. I think it would be more of a compliment to AT to give her her real age because I agree with those who said she DOESN'T look it and...Oh forget it, I obviously wasn't getting my point across very well the first time (which happens to me quite frequently), my thought processes are too weird for most people to follow and I confuse people more when I try to over-explain myself!

Back to Quarantine: I was confused as to why the vents were open from one area to another. I know ventilation was shut down at one point, then did I hear them say in the control room they had gotten it going again? But they didn't get doors unlocked? Not a nitpick. An honest question, I think I missed some conversation somewhere.
              I think I get what you're saying.

As for why TPTB do this, I suppose they have an age already set for the character, before the actors are chosen? If I have this right, O'Neill is 7 yrs younger than RDA, and Shep is 2.5 - 3 yrs younger than JF.

Chuck and Tech-ette said they got ventilation going, but HVAC (heating, venting, air conditioning) would probably be a separate system from door controls. Of course, I'm speaking from an Earth-based POV.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                I think I get what you're saying.

As for why TPTB do this, I suppose they have an age already set for the character, before the actors are chosen? If I have this right, O'Neill is 7 yrs younger than RDA, and Shep is 2.5 - 3 yrs younger than JF.
                Thanks for trying to understand me, I know it's hard!

Comment

Ditto!! Maybe our languages are similar - like English and American English.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                  O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                    A moderator is spaming
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post

Say that backwards and jump three stairs

Comment

Katie Brown and Rodney McKay a couple do not make.

He was actually going to propose!? They both act as if it was their first date in every scene I've seen. They both seem, and yes McKay a little more, completely awkward around each other. Have we seen a scene where McKay isn't awkward around her?

I just can't buy into that pairing. Those scenes were the most frustrating and nerve grating part of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                          Have we seen a scene where McKay isn't awkward around her?
                          Tabula Rasa maybe. When he's holding vigil by her side.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Tabula Rasa maybe. When he's holding vigil by her side.
                            Did I see that episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              Did I see that episode?
                              I don't know, did you?

I saw it, I'm sure cause I wrote a short episode-tag in which Kate was alive and Teyla was looking for her in the cafeteria.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I don't know, did you?

I saw it, I'm sure cause I wrote a short episode-tag in which Kate was alive and Teyla was looking for her in the cafeteria.
                                Oh,I recall now, Katie goes bungee jumping

Comment

Working...
                                X