Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Who does what where?
      Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Tabula Rasa maybe. When he's holding vigil by her side.
        Spoiler:

sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          A moderator is spaming
          i've reported it as spam.

Comment

I have to do a bit of work before going to bed, so I can't write up a whole review of Quarantine, which I enjoyed very much. But while watching it a second time, I saw the point where if McKay had actually proposed, Katie would've said no. It was after she found the ring and asked him if he would ask her. He said he wouldn't since they were going to die soon. Up until that point, I think she would've said yes - but I dunno if their engagement would've lasted, but that's another post. I could see it in Katie's eyes, when instead of McKay saying, "I don't care how long we have, as long as we're together," he talks about not bothering to propose. She said to herself, "No way in hell am I accepting his proposal now!"

I'm not putting McKay down for not proposing. Obviously (to me!), he wanted to propose, but deep down knew he wasn't ready. It's not an age thing - heck, McKay's the same age as my hubby, and my sweetie managed to propose quite a few years back - but it's where McKay is (Atlantis!) and what he's doing (saving the 'verse!), as much as who he is (emotionally stunted!).

Damn, I'm really into parentheses and exclamation points tonight, eh?

I thought Ronon and Keller were really cute and sweet together. I like Keller. Though some may hate her or put her down for talking about parties and dances, I think she was feeling the pain of being an outsider, which was brought to a head every time there was a high school dance and she couldn't go or wasn't invited.

I mean, looking back on my life, it isn't a big deal that I never went to prom. I survived and have quite a happy life. (Even at the time, it wasn't very important, but that was just me.) Still, for many teenagers, all of those little "firsts" and slights are huge. And for some, it takes a while - say somewhere after one's ten-year high school reunion - to get over some of the stupid high school crap we all had to deal with.

So maybe some people will see only the top layer of Keller's dialogue - she didn't get to go to parties - but I think she was saying she wasn't accepted and never had the chance to develop the social skills or positive personal image she wants to have.

To project a bit, as someone who was called a "wimp" in my younger years, those people never realized who I really was, even if they were my best friends. They wanted to see someone weak and easy to control. I may have gone along with it, but y'know, I always kept my own counsel and made my own way. I think Keller is the same, in some ways. She's disappointed people see her as weak, but she's still caught in the trap of thinking those people's opinion really matter. When she needs to step up and do, like in Adrift, what she does. She's not thinking of others and their opinion of her. She's doing what she was trained to do, and IMHO, she does well.

YMMV.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
              Change my opinion of THEM? Of course not. I don't care how old either of them is independently. It changes how I read their interactions with each other. I read it as a protective big-sister affection she had for him. It was very sweet. Fretting over it? Of course not. It DOESN'T matter in the long run. That's why I don't get why on Earth you would change their ages at all if it doesn't affect story. I think it would be more of a compliment to AT to give her her real age because I agree with those who said she DOESN'T look it and...Oh forget it, I obviously wasn't getting my point across very well the first time (which happens to me quite frequently), my thought processes are too weird for most people to follow and I confuse people more when I try to over-explain myself!
              Sorry for kinda blowing up on you there. Honestly I didn't get what the big issue is. Age is a small factor in relationship. Sam and Daniel's relationship is what it is. It is because of their backgrounds, he isn't military in a military world (SGC). She is looking out for him like a big sister kinda way. They care for each other and they have moment where their situation switches. Plus a lot is what you feel the relationship is, some people may see it differently.

I agree with the other person. Most likely the ages were made up even before they were casted. The producers were pretty focused that MS looked so young but they eventually went with him and gave him a birthdate that made him older. I guess they just envisioned him differently. Well it just is. Canon is canon... Oh and sorry again.

Comment

Originally posted by toomanysides View Post
                Sorry for kinda blowing up on you there. Honestly I didn't get what the big issue is. Age is a small factor in relationship. Sam and Daniel's relationship is what it is. It is because of their backgrounds, he isn't military in a military world (SGC). She is looking out for him like a big sister kinda way. They care for each other and they have moment where their situation switches. Plus a lot is what you feel the relationship is, some people may see it differently.

I agree with the other person. Most likely the ages were made up even before they were casted. The producers were pretty focused that MS looked so young but they eventually went with him and gave him a birthdate that made him older. I guess they just envisioned him differently. Well it just is. Canon is canon... Oh and sorry again.
                No Problem! Like I said, I don't think I was explaining my issues about it very well. As soon as the other poster mentioned having the ages set before casting, I also thought of all the interviews where Brad Wright said they had to really think about MS because he was younger than they were hoping. THAT to me makes sense, I simply didn't understand the thought process that went into that decision.

Comment

For me, the success or failure of this episode was going to ride on the various pairings and I knew going in that I didn't like three of them and the fourth I really had no opinion. So how did it shake out on screen? Let's see:

1. Rodney/Katie: I have never liked this pair because Katie always seemed too bland. So while I was quite happy they broke up, in the process I actually started to like Katie. If I was in her shoes, I would have felt like Rodney was getting serious. He has a total meltdown in front of her, acts like a jerk, and she still wants to marry him. So he dumps her. In the end, I felt like she handled the situation with much more grace than he did. I'm still not sure I want to see Katie again, but if they give her more of a backbone and make her more than Rodney's shadow, I'll give her another chance.

2. Shep/Teyla: I liked these two the best in the episode. I in no way ship these two, but I love them as friends, and fortunately that's how I saw them in the episode. I must admit I did a double take at Teyla's outfit. Who designs the maternity wear in Pegasus?

3. Ronon/Keller: Words cannot express how much I dislike this pairing. And in this case there was no mistaking the romantic angle was being pushed. I'm just hoping they got it out of their system.

4. Radek/Sam: Didn't hate it going in, still have no feelings one way or the other.

So here's the thing. There's no rational way to explain why a pairing works or doesn't work. It's all personal preference and unfortunately for me none of these pairings really work on the romance level. #1 and #3 were definitely being pushed as romances, #2 was open to interpretation, and I don't think #4 was being pushed as shippy.

I really wish they would stick to the open to interpretation option because this is definitely an episode I won't be rushing to watch again.

There's always a few bright spots though:

Ronon and his Sheriff Brody idea (the execution of which was very funny.)

Shep climbing the wall (mainly because I was tilting my head and envisioning a cape...)

Shep being nervous that Teyla would go into labor.

Radek crawling through the vents.

Lorne. Mmmmmm
                  sigpic
                  sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                    i've reported it as spam.
                    This is a joke, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      This is a joke, right?
                      Aussie humour (totally warped)
                      -

Comment

Chick flick
                        We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Back to Quarantine: I was confused as to why the vents were open from one area to another. I know ventilation was shut down at one point, then did I hear them say in the control room they had gotten it going again? But they didn't get doors unlocked? Not a nitpick. An honest question, I think I missed some conversation somewhere.
                          The lockdown would close off the HVAC delivery ductwork but the returns would be a separate system and not necessarily have the same controls. So he was climbing through the return system. That would also explain why he said it stunk. The delivery ducts should only conduct clean filtered air. The returns would pull all the dirty air out.
                          I watch HD on a 7.5 foot screen, how about you?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Aussie humour (totally warped)
                            Trans-warped even

Comment

What??!! They said somewhere Carter's was born in 1968? And they said in 1969 that Daniel was born in 1965, when in truth AT was born in 1965 and MS was born in 1970? So she is five years older, and they're trying to say she is 3 years younger. First of all, why? I never understood not having Daniel's and MS's age match. I believe Daniel's accomplishments at his young age more than I believe Keller's (even with the convenient "I was a child prodigy" speech she gave in this ep). And secondly, it doesn't match for me considering how Carter treats Danilel. She treats him like a YOUNGER brother.

Sorry, too much SG-1 talk for an SGA thread?
                              *head hurts*
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                Trans-warped even
                                Ooo trans warp drive. Ok what was the topic again?
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X