Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Quarantine" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see Shep and Carter stuck together. When Carter takes command, I would think Shep would have some problems. He and Weir always seem to defend each other so to have someone else in that position would take some getting used to. I don't think he would be insubordinate, but there could be some simmering resentment that for whatever reason he is dealing with someone new. So maybe they could hash it out in this episode.

Also, if Teyla has an accelerated pregnancy, she could be trapped with McKay and he could deliver the baby.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      Also, if Teyla has an accelerated pregnancy, she could be trapped with McKay and he could deliver the baby.
      EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Gross!
      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        I'd like to see Shep and Carter stuck together. When Carter takes command, I would think Shep would have some problems. He and Weir always seem to defend each other so to have someone else in that position would take some getting used to. I don't think he would be insubordinate, but there could be some simmering resentment that for whatever reason he is dealing with someone new. So maybe they could hash it out in this episode.
        maybe, but it really depends when this ep is gonna air. as it stands it looks like it might be in the later half of the season, so i'd think they'd deal with the shep/carter relationship earlier than that. don't get me wrong, i too am hoping for more of... maybe resentment, from shep to carter, but i think that'd be dealt with before this point
        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
        "what?"
        *throat punch*
        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I still think it will be a carter/mckay scene. specially if it gonna be in a 'quarantine' situation. its gonna be hella funny. and for the mckay whumpers - cater can slap mckay. .

Comment

^ carter/mckay might be too much GUP.
            "what?"
            *throat punch*

Comment

^ not really. i didnt mean a make out scene. i mean, maybe they will get along, instead of mckay going hey sexy and then carter belittling mckay and then kath(rosey) complaining to me about how they are always belittling mckay.

and plus GUP was a fantasy. not a real thing.

Comment

^ i didn't mean a make-out session either. but mckay and carter stuck in a room together would just seem to be too much like GUP, with at least them both yelling at each other about who is right.

coz with all fairness to both characters, when they get into a room and are told they're wrong they tend to fight and compain.

though maybe if they're together and they both realise each other has different strengths, eg mckay knows atlantis better than carter, it could be really interesting
                "what?"
                *throat punch*

Comment

^ i dont think so. GUP is different. although it was better cause of that blue bra.

ANYWAYS. yeah i think it will be different somehow. it could be a life and death situation for both of them - so they have to work together or they both die... i know its sounds very unoriginal but .

Comment

Question...do we know if Carter is even in this episode? We know she's not in 6, and so far, 2 episodes we have confirmation she's not in. How do we know she's even in this one. Since there are only 6 or so eps left to go over.

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                    maybe, but it really depends when this ep is gonna air. as it stands it looks like it might be in the later half of the season, so i'd think they'd deal with the shep/carter relationship earlier than that. don't get me wrong, i too am hoping for more of... maybe resentment, from shep to carter, but i think that'd be dealt with before this point
                    I almost agree with everything here. I do think that if there is any resentment it will be taken care of earlier on in the season. But overall, I doubt there will be resentment. I think people forget that John IS military. He's not in love with Weir, even though he may give a level of loyalty. He has acted in the past the same way...in the end he defers all loyalty to the military even if he may not agree with what they do or say. He will follow authority (even if he acts out once in a while---and the only time he might have been in the wrong was in The Return II) and I sincerely doubt he won't respect Carter to give her most of his backing. He's done it in the past. Take for instance Ellis, I'm sure John is intelligent enough to know that pre-emptive attacks aren't really the step in the right direction without full knowledge. But being military he deferred to their ability and capability (again his over-estimation of Earth's military prowess----all the Earth people have this ridiculous amount of arrogance and conceit). All this for me, not to mention episodes like The Seige, to even The Return I, gives me the feeling he's not going to have any level of "real" resentment, which would lead him to undermine or even disrespect Carter.

On the other hand, and this is what I felt from the beginning and confirmed by David Hewlett is really McKay's feelings on the matter. McKay for all his arrogance and absentminded and at times selfish behaviour has proven time and again his complete devotion to Weir. Scenes in like The Return 1 when he was vehemently angry when the Ancients came back and Weir taken out of authority and not included in the meeting. Scenes like in Progeny. I'm not even moving towards romance, just to be clear---since I'm far from McWeir (Jack/Weir shipper here!! ). But I do find that the writers have set it up where in the end McKay when it comes down to who's in charge and who he respects overall and rarely will undermine it's Weir. David Hewlett even confirmed that he's happy Carter's (Amanda Tapping) but McKay isn't.

In the end when it comes down to resentment we'll see it more from McKay's side. To me whatever feelings of obsession or adoration he felt for Carter died a quick death in McKay and Mrs. Miller. This difference in characterization could, if I allow myself a bit of conspiracy, be the starting point of Weir's eventual minimization. Throughout S1 and of course S2 and for what we know of McKay from SG-1 (mine based on hear say and a few eps), we know that McKay has of course had this sort of fanboy love for Carter. In MMM ,that totally changed. They were more like working colleagues rather than any sort of tension through McKay's over attention. I felt it was a step up from the norm of McKay/Carter...which seems to be in the direction they're going with between the two.

Actually because of this separation between McKay/Carter I actually would like to see how that would play out. Although I'm sort of doubtful Carter will play any deep role in this ep, if she's in it.

So in summary, the real resentment or problems will be between Carter and McKay more so than Shep/Carter---despite her authority and his lack there of. In the end of course I think Carter will defer to John's authority anyway since she wouldn't know what's the best weaponry or strategic approach to defend Atlantis. Shep/Carter may not fully agree all the time, but I think there will be more give on Carter's side than Shep's and far more Shep support of Carter than resentment.
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                      Question...do we know if Carter is even in this episode? We know she's not in 6, and so far, 2 episodes we have confirmation she's not in. How do we know she's even in this one. Since there are only 6 or so eps left to go over.
                      I'll find the quote soon, but she's definatly in it according to Mr. Mallozzi.

*edit*

Anonymous #1 writes: “Is Quarantine one of Amanda Tapping's 14 episodes?”

Answer: Yup.
                      Last edited by jenks; 05 June 2007, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I'll find the quote soon, but she's definatly in it according to Mr. Mallozzi.
                        Cool man, I wasn't sure she was in this ep.
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                          EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Gross!
                          Yeah gross, but a Mckay ep that is similar to the old Arnold movie Junior might be quite funny.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Carl Binder has always done a great job so I am looking forward to this ep,though all the eps sound great.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

News from JM:

Camy writes: “Not much has been mentioned for Ronon besides his big role in Reunion, can you share any additional tidbits or developments for Ronon's character in Season 4?”

Answer: There are some nice character moments for Ronon throughout the season, but Reunion and Quarantine stand out in particular in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                News from JM:
                                I'm hoping that McKay and Ronon will get stuck together. We don't get to see them interact very much, and that would be a great time for some character growth IMO.
                                click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Working...
                                X