Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
      Ik verafschuw Keller.
      Why do you loathe Keller?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Well, what I can say; I've been bolding names for years now to show respect and to make the name stand out.
        LoL... Same here, It never occured to me that some people would consider it shouting/expressing the name at a louder volume... I always thought writing in CAPITALS had that effect...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
          LoL... Same here, It never occured to me that some people would consider it shouting/expressing the name at a louder volume... I always thought writing in CAPITALS had that effect...
          same here
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Why do you loathe Keller?
            I think she is a completely ridiculous choice for Atlantis' chief of medicine. She'd be a fine character for a regular doctor, but not in charge. She's far too young, has no common sense, collapses at the smallest application of pressure, and she WHINES. ALL. THE. TIME.

A poor substitute for Carson.

P.S. I love Jewel, BTW, it's just Keller I find objectionable.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Herp de derp i'm Keller i fall down and sprain my ankle derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
              sigpic
              Ronon: "If you kill the wraith before i do, i kill you."
              Sheppard: "What if he kills you first?"
              Ronon: "Well then kill ya him..."

Comment

Arrives several years late to the thread because I'm watching Atlantis episodes for the first time... I'm surprised no one mentioned Keller revealing confidential patient information. She told Teyla about Rodney's restless leg medication. That's supposed to be confidential.

The writers usually only breach doctor/patient confidentiality for a very good reason like when a commanding officer needs to know something about a patient because it could put the base at risk. I was disappointed that the writers wrote Keller casually revealing medical information about a person to his teammate. Sure, it's not a big as something like, "Yes, I know he's gay because I'm his doctor.", but it still is confidential information divulged for no reason.

Keller did get on my nerves in this episode, but she did improve near the end. I hope the writers write her getting training before the next time she is off-word. But, the SGA writers haven't done a good job of writing training (with the exception of Rodney) for civilians going off-world before now, so I don't hold out hope.

Comment

I have a feeling I'm going to be in the minority here, but I really like Keller. Her nervousness is *slightly* annoying in this episode, but for me it was like the writers were saying: If you found yourself in this situation, how would you react? I reckon I'd react pretty much the same as Keller. I know she's supposed to have had training dealing with stressful off-world situations, etc, but she is relatively new and thrown in at the deep end when Carson "left". I think it's reasonable to have some characters in a show like this that aren't the obvious courageous hero types, but are actually more like real people. For me Keller makes this show even more accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                    tell me please what you think to keller because i have heard mixed opinions about her. because i really think she was great but not many do she was wicked to hear her experince at summer camp!!
                    I've thought about this, and having just seen the episode, it is fresh in my mind. Keller played that part beautifully. I did chuckle when she took out a big bruising dude, but nevertheless, the problem for me with Keller is that she is no Carson. I am still grieving over losing Carson, thus, it is hard for me to appreciate Keller. Again I will say - Keller is fine, no complaints from me about her talent.
                    - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Just want to say I've watched Atlantis all over again.... and this is by far a favorite episode and Keller is AWESOME in it!

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
                        Just want to say I've watched Atlantis all over again.... and this is by far a favorite episode and Keller is AWESOME in it!
                        Too bad the episode was supposed to be all about Teyla...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It seemed like it was about both to me.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I think that's the problem. At least it was for me. This was supposed to be Teyla's 'big' episode, and besides a couple of fight scenes it seemed like most of the episode was about Keller. It was a disappointment all the way around for me. This episode did a poor job of adding much of anything of consequence to the practically nonexistent Athosian storyline and the progression of the Teyla character.

sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking about this ep lately. With the benefit of hindsight (it's oh so easy to say now, after the fact), I wonder if this episode wouldn't have been better if it were Teyla and Sheppard together? Or even Teyla and Ronon? It seemed like the reason for Keller being there at all was fairly contrived, although that could be said about many instances where a supporting character is added to to the 'away team'.
                              sigpic

Comment

I would have enjoyed a Teyla and Ronon episode, or a Teyla and Rodney episode - both things I wanted very much during the show's run and never got.

I actually would have enjoyed this the most as a Teyla and Elizabeth episode though. Unfortunately that wasn't possible.

I have wondered though if going into the episode with the expectation that it was going to be a Teyla-focused episode made any difference in how I saw it. Maybe I wouldn't have been quite as annoyed with it if I hadn't believed it was supposed to be our first Teyla episode in three seasons. I don't know.

I think I still would have been annoyed though. I mean, sure, Teyla was part of the story, but the A story definitely revolved around Jennifer. I think the problem was not so much that they gave Jennifer a "fish out of water" story, but that they decided they had to put it here. Teyla's fear and grief over the disappearance of her people - the revelation of Kanaan - none of those were considered important enough to spend more time on. No, Jennifer's flailings are considered more interesting. I think that's what the problem is. If they'd reversed the focus - if Teyla had been the main focus of the story and Jennifer's troubles more of a background thread - I think the episode would have gone over a whole lot better.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X