Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller's Crossing Pre Airing Speculation and Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    Stargate Atlantis / SG-1 - MGM Stargate - Miller's Crossing Stills & SG1 Season 10 Stills:

From MGM Stargate:

Stills from the Nov. 30 NEW episode of Stargate Atlantis, "Miller's Crossing"

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?s...pisode=9#anch9

(Only one still so far however…)

Spoiler:

Oh…and in the SG1 section, they've finally started adding photos for the last ten episodes of season 10! Photos are available now for:

Episode 11 - The Quest: Part 2

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?series_id=1&season=10&episode=11#anch11

Episode 12 - Line In The Sand

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?s...sode=12#anch12

Episode 13 - The Road Not Taken

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?series_id=1&season=10&episode=13#anch13

Episode 14 - The Shroud.

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?s...sode=14#anch14

What is the possibility of getting hi res versions of these pics? For the record, I'm not one of those people who use the hi res pics to print out "free" pics but I just like to examine the details of the actors/sets in a way that you can't see in the episodes.

Vala,

Comment

The probability is slim to none...there used to be sites that published them but they all got shut down by the studios
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

This will mark the first time Ronon visits earth. How do you think he will react to being on earth.

Comment

I think Ronon will think we're even stranger than he thought since earth looks so different to every other world we've found
          sigpic

Comment

Actually I think the weirdest thing about Earth is that the general populous doesn't know about the gate, in fact they don't even know that there has been any kind of alien contact. If I were in Ronon's shoes I'd find that pretty disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by jons242 View Post
              This will mark the first time Ronon visits earth. How do you think he will react to being on earth.
              Technically he has been to Earth at least once already as he helped carry Carson's coffin. Whether he actually saw anything outside of the SGC on that trip is debatable. And even if he did, the circumstances hardly allowed for exploration/explanation of Earth and Earth culture.

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              I think Ronon will think we're even stranger than he thought since earth looks so different to every other world we've found
              Originally posted by Josie View Post
              Actually I think the weirdest thing about Earth is that the general populous doesn't know about the gate, in fact they don't even know that there has been any kind of alien contact. If I were in Ronon's shoes I'd find that pretty disturbing.
              I often think about this and it's something I would love to see explored in the show - how different the Earth must be for Ronon and Teyla and how they would react to it. It was touched upon vaguely in Home - but really not anywhere near enough - with Teyla and her wonder at whether the Athosians would have become so advanced if not for the Wraith.

Ronon and Teyla have been exposed to advanced technology, both Ancient and Earth, on Atlantis but still.. to visit Earth and be thrown into this so different, so advanced (compared to their own) society... They'll never have seen a car before or a plane or a train. Sateda had some multi-story buildings but nothing like the high-rises of Earth cities... and just the sheer amount of people, if nothing else, must seem overwhelming. And, as Josie said, the fact that no-one there is even aware that there is life outside of Earth. Ronon and Teyla have grown up aware of other planets, other races. Have traded with them, have travelled from planet to planet with ease. So, in that way, how provincial, how backward, the Earth must seem to them? And maybe even a little sinister, that the powers that control the gate would keep the population ignorant in such a way?

There is SO much to explore on this topic and one of these days I will write a huge, in-depth fanfic all about it...
              sigpic

Comment

I think the Satedans were more advanced...Ronon might have got his gun from the Travellers, but he was using energy weapons on Sateda
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  I think the Satedans were more advanced...Ronon might have got his gun from the Travellers, but he was using energy weapons on Sateda
                  They were advanced in terms of weapons certainly, but they didn't look as advanced as Earth in other aspects.
                  sigpic

Comment

Some additional stills for Miller's Crossing:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                      They were advanced in terms of weapons certainly, but they didn't look as advanced as Earth in other aspects.
                      You have to remember, the flashbacks we saw was of Sateda during war
                      sigpic

Comment

^We did see flashbacks to just before the Wraith invasion and Melena was listening to what appeared to be a radio broadcast. I think that Sateda was quite advanced but still a little bit behind Earth perhaps some where in tune with Earth in the mid 20th century. The Wraith seem to destroy civilisations before they can develop to a point where they are a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                          ^We did see flashbacks to just before the Wraith invasion and Melena was listening to what appeared to be a radio broadcast. I think that Sateda was quite advanced but still a little bit behind Earth perhaps some where in tune with Earth in the mid 20th century. The Wraith seem to destroy civilisations before they can develop to a point where they are a threat.
                          Precisely. We know that was SOP for the Wraith. From what we saw of Ronon's flashbacks, especially he and Melena's home, I would put Sateda at no more than about 1950s Earth level technology etc.

Also, if the Satedans had been more advanced than Earth, surely Ronon (who is not unintelligent) would be more accustomed than he appears to be to advanced technologies such as the expedition use?
                          sigpic

Comment

SGA - SciFi Channel Newsletter week of Nov. 25 '07:

From the SciFi Channel e-mail newsletter for the week of November 25, 2007:

Catch new Flash & Stargate Friday! Plus: National Treasure

STARGATE ATLANTIS

McKay's sister needs rescuing on Stargate Atlantis.

A corporate villain kidnaps McKay's sister Jeannie to acquire the secrets of alien nanite technology.

Friday November 30 at 10/9C

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

After watching the new MGM promo stills I can say this episode is gonna rock!!!

Spoiler:
                              I just don't like Rodney's pants!!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                                SGA - SciFi Channel Newsletter week of Nov. 25 '07:

From the SciFi Channel e-mail newsletter for the week of November 25, 2007:

Catch new Flash & Stargate Friday! Plus: National Treasure

STARGATE ATLANTIS

McKay's sister needs rescuing on Stargate Atlantis.

A corporate villain kidnaps McKay's sister Jeannie to acquire the secrets of alien nanite technology.

Friday November 30 at 10/9C

[/IMG]
                                As Alipeeps pointed out a few days ago, can we please keep the non-discussion material off this thread? The Scifi.com update thread is where stuff should go

Originally posted by Leliana McKay View Post
                                After watching the new MGM promo stills I can say this episode is gonna rock!!!

Spoiler:
                                I just don't like Rodney's pants!!

Yeah, the paints just don't go with the top. His sense of fashion has always been, well, it screams bachelor and no fashion sense I'd say that image 31 of Sheppard and Madison is very cute. So while Rodney's getting reamed out by brother-in-law, Sheppard is talking with the kid, and then, did he get bored? in image 32 he's reading the paper.

I wonder if Rodney has accepted that his sister is quite happy being the wife and mom (as evidenced by those kitchen photos) or if he still wants her to get back into the 'game' (physics).

I caught an ad for the episode today and the announcer goes "a surprise kidnapping." Wel,l duh, of course it's a surprise. Don't think the kidnappers will call ahead "are you available today after 10pm for a kidnapping? We really don't want to inconvenience you so if the morning is better...

Comment

Working...
                                X