Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller's Crossing Pre Airing Speculation and Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo from MGM trailer

Comment

Todd will be in this episode too? Great!
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Wow, I guess that makes him the first Wraith ever to come to Earth!

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
          Wow, I guess that makes him the first Wraith ever to come to Earth!

Vala,
          I still hope he will cure Everett from his old state.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

this is so obvious

they're gonna use him to cure someone

I have a feeling this is going to be the most miserable episode of the season
            all earth episodes are like that

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
              this is so obvious

Can the wraith actually "cure" someone, say, if they have a disease or are injured? Or do they just restore the lifeforce (whatever) they have taken?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                Can the wraith actually "cure" someone, say, if they have a disease or are injured? Or do they just restore the lifeforce (whatever) they have taken?
                they can if the writers want them to

they'll probably give some stupid explanation like stem cells that will cure the disease

Comment

All Earth episodes are bad?

Well, personally, I loved The Return Part 1 and Critical Mass, and even Home was a facinating look at the characters' home-lives. Oh well.

Wow, Todd's in this too? So much for a standalone. I love it.

Comment

Screenprints from the MGM Stargate video clip for "Miller's Crossing":

Spoiler:
                    Rodney McKay

Rodney's sister, Jeannie (And David's sister, Kate)

NID Agent Barrett

Ronon - on Earth!

Rodney feeling electric

Whoa...that's Todd the Wraith...in the SGC Gateroom! Yikes!

"Miller's Crossing" airs Friday, November 30 at 10pm (repeats at Midnight) on the SciFi Channel (US). The previous new episode, "The Seer," repeats at 9pm.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      Screenprints from the MGM Stargate video clip for "Miller's Crossing":

Spoiler:
                      Rodney McKay

Rodney's sister, Jeannie (And David's sister, Kate)

NID Agent Barrett

Ronon - on Earth!

Rodney feeling electric

Whoa...that's Todd the Wraith...in the SGC Gateroom! Yikes!

"Miller's Crossing" airs Friday, November 30 at 10pm (repeats at Midnight) on the SciFi Channel (US). The previous new episode, "The Seer," repeats at 9pm.
                      Spoiler:
                      Todd in the SGC Gateroom? Yikes, indeed!

Comment

Well, according to the Gateworld episode spoilers, the guy kidnaps McKay and Jeannie because
                        Spoiler:
                        his daughter is dying of leukemia, and was given nanites to try and save her so it's possible that the Wraith gets brought to cure her.

IMO its within reason that giving somebody lifeforce could cure a disease.

Comment

Stargate Atlantis / SG-1 - MGM Stargate - Miller's Crossing Stills & SG1 Season 10 Stills:

From MGM Stargate:

Stills from the Nov. 30 NEW episode of Stargate Atlantis, "Miller's Crossing"

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?s...pisode=9#anch9

(Only one still so far however…)

Spoiler:

Oh…and in the SG1 section, they've finally started adding photos for the last ten episodes of season 10! Photos are available now for:

Episode 11 - The Quest: Part 2

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?series_id=1&season=10&episode=11#anch11

Episode 12 - Line In The Sand

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?s...sode=12#anch12

Episode 13 - The Road Not Taken

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?series_id=1&season=10&episode=13#anch13

Episode 14 - The Shroud.

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?s...sode=14#anch14

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                            this is so obvious

I have a feeling this is going to be the most miserable episode of the season
                            all earth episodes are like that
                            Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                            Well, according to the Gateworld episode spoilers, the guy kidnaps McKay and Jeannie because
                            Spoiler:
                            his daughter is dying of leukemia, and was given nanites to try and save her so it's possible that the Wraith gets brought to cure her.

IMO its within reason that giving somebody lifeforce could cure a disease.
                            I suppose it's possible he might be brought to Earth to cure the bad guy's daughter, thereby convincing him to let McKay and Jeannie go... but there's a couple of issues with that. Firstly, that's essentially negotiating with/giving into the demands of terrorists.. which historically the SGC/IOA etc simply won't do. Secondly, where is the Wraith going to get the lifeforce from? When we've seen them give the Gift of Life before, they are either returning what they have already taken or giving lifeforce they have taken from someone else. I'm not sure I can see the Wraith being willing to give lifeforce without having anything to replenish his "supply". Who's going to volunteer to be drained in order for the Wraith to heal the sick girl?

I still think the reason the Wraith is brought to Earth might be to do with working on the shutdown virus. The tagline for the episode elsewhere (possibly on MGM's site or Skiffy's) said after working on the shutdown virus without success, McKay decides he needs Jeannie's help to make it work. So maybe he and the wraith come to Earth to work with Jeannie?

I dunno. Actually, I rather like not knowing how things are going to play out in this episode or how the different elements fit together.

Btw guys, we don't need to use spoiler tags in this thread as it's clearly marked in the title as being a spoiler thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

^Thanks for posting the stills and links for Miller's Crossing Morjana.. however, the other stuff re the SG1 stills etc has nothing to do with this thread topic...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                ^Thanks for posting the stills and links for Miller's Crossing Morjana.. however, the other stuff re the SG1 stills etc has nothing to do with this thread topic...
                                That's why there's the Publicity Stills (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46497) thread, so it wouldn't clutter up the discussion and video promos thread.
                                Last edited by prion; 23 November 2007, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X