Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller's Crossing Pre Airing Speculation and Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Über View Post
    I'm intrigued by the fact that he answered the question to begin with. Not that answering means it's true or lends any credibility to the rumor...but it's still...interesting that he didn't just skip over it.
    I think you can read too much into these things. I've already seen people posting saying "No comment means yes, otherwise you'd just say no!!", despite Joe's clear explanation only days previously about how some questions he won't answer EITHER yes or no because to do so would entail spoiling plot points. In fact, that's probably why he answered the question at all - he often seems to enjoy pointing out the.. dare I say.. stupidity of some of the comments/questions posted...

I'd not heard anything about this supposed rumour prior to the question on Joe's blog and have seen nothing about it since and no mention of a source or anything.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      I'd really like to see a source for this rumor.
      It's probably someone's imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        I think you can read too much into these things. I've already seen people posting saying "No comment means yes, otherwise you'd just say no!!", despite Joe's clear explanation only days previously about how some questions he won't answer EITHER yes or no because to do so would entail spoiling plot points. In fact, that's probably why he answered the question at all - he often seems to enjoy pointing out the.. dare I say.. stupidity of some of the comments/questions posted...

I'd not heard anything about this supposed rumour prior to the question on Joe's blog and have seen nothing about it since and no mention of a source or anything.
        Agreed, I can't see them doing this unles Kate just doesnt want to work with her brother because he is as annoying as his character. Don't get me worng I love Mckay and Jeannie so I hope this is just rumor.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          It's probably someone's imagination.
          Yeah, someone probably got bored and started to invite this stuff.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

From David Hewlett's twitter thing:

Just shot a "driving" scene. The crew shake the car in front of a screen playing street scenes...I kept humming the Dukes of Hazard theme!
            http://twitter.com/dhewlett/statuses/168856472

He mentioned in another message that they were finishing Miller's Crossing that day.

Comment

My guess is that Joe's "no comment" should be taken as inidcating nothing

If Jeannie is going to be put in a situation where she could die (and she will, this is Stargate afterall), then answering yes or no would spoil the ending.

Also by saying "no comment" he has insured that the rumor becomes more widespread, hyping up the episode. People now are much more interested in finding out if anything happens to Jeannie
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                My guess is that Joe's "no comment" should be taken as inidcating nothing

If Jeannie is going to be put in a situation where she could die (and she will, this is Stargate afterall), then answering yes or no would spoil the ending.

Also by saying "no comment" he has insured that the rumor becomes more widespread, hyping up the episode. People now are much more interested in finding out if anything happens to Jeannie
                Exactly, like I said before he loves toying with us.

Comment

What I'm interested in finding out is how far along Jeannie and Rodney will get before they're rescued. Because you know they're not going to sit around doing nothing. Either they'll make interesting strides in the research that'll be useful later, or they'll be halfway through an escape plan of their own, or both.

I really want to see Rodney and Jeannie leaving just as this whole rescue crew is pulling up.

Rodney: What took you so long? And did you bring lunch? Seriously that guy's food was horrible, I'm starvi - Ronon, are those Levi's?

It will never happen, but it could be fun.
                  They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                  Spoiler:
                  Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

I also would like to see escaping Rodney and Jeannie by themselves. They could do it. When Rodney has to leave catch himself so Sheppard can go rescue him,
                    they could at least escape by themselves.
                    But I am anxious to see vulnerable side of Rodney. This could be interesting what everything he might do for safe of his little sister. How far can he go?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                      I also would like to see escaping Rodney and Jeannie by themselves. They could do it. When Rodney has to leave catch himself so Sheppard can go rescue him,
                      they could at least escape by themselves.
                      But I am anxious to see vulnerable side of Rodney. This could be interesting what everything he might do for safe of his little sister. How far can he go?
                      I'm really excited about that aspect of the eppy. And Rodney escaping by himself would be fun.
                      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                      Sig and avi by me
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                        I'm really excited about that aspect of the eppy. And Rodney escaping by himself would be fun.
                        Indeed but I see him more running frantically with his tail between his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Indeed but I see him more running frantically with his tail between his legs.
                          It's likely, yes, but we can dream, can't we? Dream of a better world, one where Rodney is allowed to be cool for a few minutes?

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                            It's likely, yes, but we can dream, can't we? Dream of a better world, one where Rodney is allowed to be cool for a few minutes?
                            Yeah and McKay's character is not sacrificed so some fans can get a laugh. ... just for good measure.

On the rumour, I still say if anyone is dying it is the kid (child that the whole ep is meant to be about saving). I think some saw Joe F in the dark suit and jumped to conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                              What I'm interested in finding out is how far along Jeannie and Rodney will get before they're rescued. Because you know they're not going to sit around doing nothing. Either they'll make interesting strides in the research that'll be useful later, or they'll be halfway through an escape plan of their own, or both.

I really want to see Rodney and Jeannie leaving just as this whole rescue crew is pulling up.

Rodney: What took you so long? And did you bring lunch? Seriously that guy's food was horrible, I'm starvi - Ronon, are those Levi's?

It will never happen, but it could be fun.
                              LOL! I'd like to see the team frantically searching for them but meanwhile Rodney ends up negotiating with the father while being forced to help. Perhaps he gets the situation under control the calvary rushes in and arrests him.
                              click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                                Yeah and McKay's character is not sacrificed so some fans can get a laugh. ... just for good measure.

On the rumour, I still say if anyone is dying it is the kid (child that the whole ep is meant to be about saving). I think some saw Joe F in the dark suit and jumped to conclusions.

Think there's any chance the girl is going to help them escape? That she'll be horrified at what Daddy dearest is doing and choose to go gracefully rather than hurt people in her quest to stay alive?

Or is that way too after-school special to be realistic?

spoilers for "200"
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X