Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doppelganger Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well so far I'm quite excited about this episode along with Travellers! Bring on the Shep whumpage!!

THUNKALICIOUS

Comment

Originally posted by ShepsGem View Post
      Well so far I'm quite excited about this episode along with Travellers! Bring on the Shep whumpage!!
      You have good taste!!

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        like is said if thats what you guys like good on you.. i had just hoped for something more from atlantis.
        Atlantis is entertaining popcorn fodder that tends to borrow, recycle, and pay homage to other stories instead of being unique and inventive SF. The Stargate franchise has always leaned in the former direction and I don't see anything drastic happening to change that now. It's a shame, but there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepsGem View Post
          Same here!! Roll on season 4, im so excited!!!!!!!!!

oh and in regards to whats been said, i really couldnt care less if sga was recycling old plots...i watch this show to be entertained, and if its executed properly then im sure it will be just as great as any predecessor.
          anyway this ep sure as hell looks different already to cold laz..(omg but they both have crystal like creatures!!)...if anyone wants to be negative about it before its aired, its your prerogative...im looking forward to this ep and the whole of season 4!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post

oh and in regards to whats been said, i really couldnt care less if sga was recycling old plots...i watch this show to be entertained, and if its executed properly then im sure it will be just as great as any predecessor.
            anyway this ep sure as hell looks different already to cold laz..(omg but they both have crystal like creatures!!)...if anyone wants to be negative about it before its aired, its your prerogative...im looking forward to this ep and the whole of season 4!!
            Me too Come on season 4 and 5 and 6.......
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Me too Come on season 4 and 5 and 6.......
              Oh how I wish!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post

cool more power to ya, if you want and enjoy the same recycled crap week after week cool.

I had just thought atlantis was better then that but i guess i am just wrong.

but i won't be supporting it either way.
                Doppelganger is a prime example of just how far it has fallen

season 3 really should have been the last
                its not what it once was. Its just sad to see such a cool show fall so far. But as always that just MHO...

so have fun... hope its everything you all want it to be

enjoy
                Last edited by parisindy; 20 April 2007, 01:25 PM.
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Uh, I seriously doubt that, especially when Rob Cooper says so right in the article that it's inspired by Cold Lazarus. Really, this attitude of "the writers must think we are dumb, so we should think less of them" is highly annoying.

And don't worry, it's not just you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you'll be hard pressed to find an original story idea in Atlantis that's not a "retread" of SG1 stories simply because SG1 had more than 200 of them; it's done pretty much everything out there.
                  Well, for the bucks they're making, I'd like to think they'd be capable of NOT recycling a script used just a year or two ago on SG1, or ripoff the latest movie (like they did with that one season six episode). I just don't want something that's so obvious you know the ending as soon as you read the 10 word blurb in the newspaper.

But then considering how much of TV is just ripoffs of other shows and the news, no, originality is rife on TV

Comment

I'd disagree SGA is recycled crap week after week. We haven't even seen season 4, or DG yet. If people don't want to watch it, fine, but what on Earth point is there coming here just saying it's going to be crap all the time? What purpose does it serve? It hasn't even been on tv yet, we've only had vague spoilers, so how can anyone possibly judge?

We're supposed to be speculating about DG here, not just saying it's recycled crap. How is that intelligent speculation?

Edit: Okay, obviously nobody said the speculation had to be intelligent ideas to be put forward for debate...
                    Last edited by Linzi; 20 April 2007, 01:58 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      I'd disagree SGA is recycled crap week after week. We haven't even seen season 4, or DG yet. If people don't want to watch it, fine, but what on Earth point is there coming here just saying it's going to be crap all the time? What purpose does it serve? It hasn't even been on tv yet, we've only had vague spoilers, so how can anyone possibly judge?

We're supposed to be speculating about DG here, not just saying it's recycled crap. How is that intelligent speculation?
                      Oh I agree- that sort of chat it much better kept in the anti threads- where everyone can enjoy a good old moan and groan togther

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Well, for the bucks they're making, I'd like to think they'd be capable of NOT recycling a script used just a year or two ago on SG1, or ripoff the latest movie (like they did with that one season six episode). I just don't want something that's so obvious you know the ending as soon as you read the 10 word blurb in the newspaper.

But then considering how much of TV is just ripoffs of other shows and the news, no, originality is rife on TV
                        But how can we know this is going to be obvious and that you know from the tag line what the outcome is going to be? Surely, it's more sensible to reserve judgment and speculate about the plot, than to just give up on it before you've seen it?
                        sigpic

Comment

But how can we know this is going to be obvious and that you know from the tag line what the outcome is going to be? Surely, it's more sensible to reserve judgment and speculate about the plot, than to just give up on it before you've seen it?
                          Oh but maybe Roo's time machine does work and people have already seen it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                            Oh but maybe Roo's time machine does work and people have already seen it!!!
                            I wish!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Edit: Okay, obviously nobody said the speculation had to be intelligent ideas to be put forward for debate...
                              Are you calling me unintelligent cause that smells of a personal attack i was talking about doppelganger and how it seems recycled... this is the doppelganger discussion thread isn't it?

I am allowed to speculate... and allowed to think it will be crap… you are allowed to think it sounds interesting.

Its my opinion... this is a discussion thread i thought i should mention that last bit again just incase you missed it.

If negative opinions are only allowed in the anti thread then only pro opinions should be allowed on the pro thread

This is a discussion thread; all opinions have value... not just one side.

Maybe crap is a strong word but its how i feel...would you prefer i used...'really stinky?'
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                                Are you calling me unintelligent cause that smells of a personal attack i was talking about doppelganger and how it seems recycled... this is the doppelganger discussion thread isn't it?

I am allowed to speculate... and allowed to think it will be crap… you are allowed to think it sounds interesting.

Its my opinion... this is a discussion thread i thought i should mention that last bit again just incase you missed it.

If negative opinions are only allowed in the anti thread then only pro opinions should be allowed on the pro thread

This is a discussion thread; all opinions have value... not just one side.

Maybe crap is a strong word but its how i feel...would you prefer i used...'really stinky?'
                                I can assure you, I'm not attacking anyone. Saying something is 'crap' over and over before it has aired isn't discussion, it's judging something. I don't think that is intelligent discussion in any way, just as you obviously think it is. As I said, nowhere does it say on the thread speculation has to be intelligent, so, fair enough.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X