Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amount of screen time Jewel Staite had in 'First Stike' is not enough to judge her performance/character, but neither is it enough to condemn her. She has a very hard act following Carson and I for one don't evny her.

I agree that 'Reunion' will see Atlantis get back in touch with earth, but i can see Carter being swapped for Weir in this episode as well. I have a feeling that Weir will takes Woolsey's job at the IOA back on earth. Possibly Carter being put in charge of Atlantis?

I'd also be suprised if Atlantis bothers to set down on another planet, it would change the dynamic of the show, like Joe Flanigan suggested, if Atlantis was used like as a space ship/station. It feels to me that some of the episodes such as 'Echoes' and 'Submersion' were done while they had the chance to do those stories.
    Last edited by pheonix322; 08 February 2007, 02:53 PM. Reason: Missed out what i was going to put at the end of the post

Comment

Originally posted by Psi View Post
      The power problem seemed to surprise Rodney, his calculations showed they would have enough power.. and all of a sudden they didn’t. So there is likely a reason for the power loss.

My theory is that when the beam hit Atlantis (before the sheild came up) it did damage to some power systems. Maybe power distribution. Hence the power problem.
      I like this idea. It's very plausible.

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
      Hasnt anyone every thought that lifeline could be a weir based episode as you know she is dying and all.
      Maybe in the adrift episode the atlantian team comes across a old ancient warship or something like a ancient satelite or maybe an old drone factory with a ZPM inside
      As for the reunion episode i reckon it will be about how earth establishs connection will atlantis and introduction of new character
      JM refered to it as a 'big op' episode. He didn't specify whether that meant medical operation or military operation or some other big undertaking. It could be about Wier. If they are going to deal with that rather than just reference it, they'll have to do it within the first few eps.
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

McKay stated about the lack of power to activate the engines, I thought back to when the Asurans attempted to piggyback a virus onto Atlantis' communique...

I bet that, just like "The Intruder" from S2 that the Asurans were able to still get some form of virus into Atlantis which will interfere in Atlantis' operation in the beginning of Season 4. I wouldn't be amazed if it was also the reason why Rodney's calculations were off.

If "The Intruder" has taught me anything, it's to always suspect the unexpected (or to suspect the special guest, as Trek as taught me), and to think back to every instance in that episode.
        Last edited by Enzo Aquarius; 08 February 2007, 06:34 PM. Reason: Spoiler thread, removed tags

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
          people....there is no problem whatsoever with atlantis. they can have all the power they need in a second. remember that mckay and his sister were working on project arctrus...well a form of it. that means endless supply of power. just turn it on for the short period of time so you dont destroy the other universe (it's kinda populated).

if they dont resort to this solution i will be very much disappointed.
          They didn't even finish the project. They shut it down because it was too dangerous. It was far from being able to provide power. Not to mention they need a ZPM to give it a power boost.
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
            Maybe I have higher standards than you do. Maybe I think Season 1 was a great start to a new series, but has since started going down hill. Maybe I am sick of all the stupid mistakes being made. The fact that you think Jewel is an "awesome character and a great asset to the show" proves that your standards of great acting are severely wanting. I've seen some of her other work, and her acting is just weak and bland. I've seen better acting in high school plays. And how would you know if her character is "awesome" or not, she's only been seen for 2 minutes in one episode. Basing the awesomeness of the character on 2 minutes is pure fanwank. Besides, Paul M./Beckett was a great asset to the show, and look what happened to him.
            Standards are nothing more than a meaningless designation for differing opinions.

Comment

Well, since there won't be anymore SG1 I think I would enjoy Atlantis having a trip to the MW. Not a permenant move or anything. Maybe to regroup, resupply, rethink the strategies for their enemys or perhaps just swing by for some Starbucks or something...

Comment

Well kids, fellow lurkers, shrill lemmings and the like...

The Season ender kicked serious A$$.

Spectacular effects, and it got back to it's original premise. Atlantis as a character. Saaaaweeeeeeeet.

It got rid of the largest waste of time, which is IMO anything to do with Elizabeth Wier. She was and still is simply an administrator of the LARGEST discovery in human history. And what has she to show for it? NADA NOTHING ZIP. Seriously, she's added 2 new baddies to the mix, if anything. If I were the IOC, she'd get replaced with someone who HAS shown results. Hmmm... who could that be... Samantha Carter maybe?

Yes the show is off in a new direction, but it won't be lost in space.

Yes Sam does show up by episode 2 or 3, with her own ship.

And frankly - just as they discover something new - they blow it up (or destroy it in some fashion). It's time for a management change people!

Yeah, I liked Carson. No, I never cared for Ford or Wier. Sad for Carson to leave, but in the end, I think the new invigorated show is more to my liking.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie View Post
                  Well kids, fellow lurkers, shrill lemmings and the like...

The Season ender kicked serious A$$.

Spectacular effects, and it got back to it's original premise. Atlantis as a character. Saaaaweeeeeeeet.

It got rid of the largest waste of time, which is IMO anything to do with Elizabeth Wier. She was and still is simply an administrator of the LARGEST discovery in human history. And what has she to show for it? NADA NOTHING ZIP. Seriously, she's added 2 new baddies to the mix, if anything. If I were the IOC, she'd get replaced with someone who HAS shown results. Hmmm... who could that be... Samantha Carter maybe?

Yes the show is off in a new direction, but it won't be lost in space.

Yes Sam does show up by episode 2 or 3, with her own ship.

And frankly - just as they discover something new - they blow it up (or destroy it in some fashion). It's time for a management change people!

Yeah, I liked Carson. No, I never cared for Ford or Wier. Sad for Carson to leave, but in the end, I think the new invigorated show is more to my liking.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Tech Junkie
                  Well here's my 2 cents

What you stated above has nothing to do with the characters its to do with the writing and directing of the show.

I guess all the fans have to wait to see how season four will unfold could be amazing could be crap.

Yes I like Weir and Ford. Was bit dissipointed to see him leave.
                  but frankly I dont give a hipopotamus ass about Carson departure just was'nt in to his character the way other fans are.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psi View Post
                    The power problem seemed to surprise Rodney, his calculations showed they would have enough power.. and all of a sudden they didn’t. So there is likely a reason for the power loss.

My theory is that when the beam hit Atlantis (before the sheild came up) it did damage to some power systems. Maybe power distribution. Hence the power problem.
                    Thats what I thought. The beam didnt just graze the tower it hit a critical system.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by pheonix322 View Post
                      The amount of screen time Jewel Staite had in 'First Stike' is not enough to judge her performance/character, but neither is it enough to condemn her. She has a very hard act following Carson and I for one don't evny her.

I agree that 'Reunion' will see Atlantis get back in touch with earth, but i can see Carter being swapped for Weir in this episode as well. I have a feeling that Weir will takes Woolsey's job at the IOA back on earth. Possibly Carter being put in charge of Atlantis?

I'd also be suprised if Atlantis bothers to set down on another planet, it would change the dynamic of the show, like Joe Flanigan suggested, if Atlantis was used like as a space ship/station. It feels to me that some of the episodes such as 'Echoes' and 'Submersion' were done while they had the chance to do those stories.
                      So far I feel it that Jewel did fine but you are correct it's too soon Also I agree on the points on Reunion as well.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
                        .... [my snip for space]

Third, Dr. Keller will be with Weir in the infirmary trying to save her life, and Ronon and Teyla will probably be there because I can't think of anything for them to do.
                        Sweeping up in stargate operations?
                        Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                        So far he's the only Asuran who can actually act. All the others are so unbelievably cheesy, it becomes easy to imagine how sci-fi television is ridiculed by average West Wing watching folk.
                        .... [my snip for space]
                        *waves* one right here. TWW is one of my all time favs. (Actually one of the few shows I've been addicted to that maintained my interest in the face of cast changes) But then I'm not average ... just like everyone else

Okay, here's my completely wild and random speculations off the top of my head and based on ep titles and really informative stuff like that.

Spoiler:

Adrift: Okay obvious bet would be Atlantis is adrift ‘cause well it is. But there could be additional meanings/stories here e.g., nothing like a good EVA in a sci-fi to fix something on your space station/flying city and accidently become dadadaaa adrift (probably too cliché). One might assume that there might be some frantic attempts to save Weir, and so at a stretch Weir could also be said to be adrift in a b story.
                        I half expect something to go wrong here. Either the shield partially fails venting sections of the city to space (kind of like what happened in Rising. Actually that’s an idea, why not restrict the shield to the central tower and the area where the chair is and extend the life of the zpm?) or they come across more bad guys in their random place in space, the Asuran virus got through or something just plain bad will happen. They only have a skeleton crew so if Teyla/Ronon aren’t keeping vigil with Weir I’d be expecting them helping out somewhere. Not everything that needs doing is tech or science based (actually I’d expect them to be doing this rather than always sitting vigil – with a skeleton crew it’s going to be all hands).

Lifeline: Not sure. Rodney saves the day by [insert_random_technobable_here] working out a way to follow their own trail back to a known place in the PG or by establishing some sort of contact with the Apollo/Odyssey/Daedalus/ which they can either follow back to a known point in space or said ship can use to find Atlantis? The trail or contact signal becomes the lifeline? Oh wait B5 flashback, a squadron of 302s form a dispersed line/chain and hence lifeline back through hyperspace to where they started How’s that? Okay they don’t have 302s .. a line of puddlejumpers then. Or John uses the chair or ancient tech to do the same. At the same time Weir gets a lifeline (I’ll add in some controversy in there as to the type of lifeline such as nanites or dodgy ancient device that has 50% chance of doing something bad to you) from near death? It’s “the big op eppy” (I’m assuming this is a mil op rather than the medical variety).

I’ll give a 99.7% probability to Reunion being the one where Carter turns up. “Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts.” is a line from that spoiler rhyme in JM's blog. Going on a multiple reunion threads in the story, they’re what, reunited with the rest of the universe heh, Rodney and Carter are reunited? LORNE! (let them be reunited with Lorne ) Any chance Jeannie could be on the same ship with Carter, helping out with their efforts to regain contact with Atlantis or are they saving her for a later episode? Weir gets reunited with the Asurans or wakes up from a coma and so is reunited with the team?? A can imagine some action and character moments in here which would go along with JM’s comment on the rewrite of the script offering “plenty of action, it is primarily a character-driven story.”
                        [Anyone from the production staff reading this is probably *LTAO* at what I've written ]

The rhyme in JM's blog to add to the speculation:

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,
                        While the team will explore that dark sunken lair.

For one player worship, adoration and fame,
                        As he and his rival find it’s more than a game.

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman.
                        Find the wraith and our allies have something in common.

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage.
                        A wild west High Noon in an inapt Dutch village.

Too late the value of that friendship he’ll learn.
                        A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.

Find survivors concealed in an orbiting rock,
                        While the thinker receives an enlightening shock.

Mutations discovered, O’Neill is all wet.
                        With a change of location all will forget.

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction.
                        Our hand will be forced by ominous construction.

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts.
                        One of our own the enemy courts.

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms,
                        While an alien contact this player dooms.

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,
                        And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother.

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
                        While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance

Scheduling conflicts, production demands,
                        Changes necessitate all won’t go as planned.
                        But let’s hope these ideas do well find their way,
                        And all see the light of a t.v. one day.

“The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4. Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more.”

^^I hope Weir doesn't get shipped off to Earth or anything like that. Elizabeth is pretty central to my involvement in and enjoyment of this show (if she goes from the show my interest will probably go with her). I'm trying to be optimistic about their plans for her.
                        Last edited by Reaceania; 09 February 2007, 12:26 AM. Reason: to add the last comment
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Adrift: Stuck in the middle of nowhere, with little power.

Lifeline: This episode I’ve got a feeling Weir is going to be there Lifeline for getting things up and running, because won’t they need her command codes?

Reunion: Re-establishing contact, with the other ships

Doubelganger: I think will be seeing more of Oberoth
                          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Adrift: Stuck in the middle of nowhere, with little power.

Lifeline: This episode I’ve got a feeling Weir is going to be there Lifeline for getting things up and running, because won’t they need her command codes?

Reunion: Re-establishing contact, with the other ships

Doubelganger: I think will be seeing more of Oberoth
                            Spoiler:
                            I think you just need command codes from two senior officers-- not specifically Weir.
                            McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I think you just need command codes from two senior officers-- not specifically Weir.
                              plus it would be pretty silly if only her codes worked because of something like this happening they'd be prety screwed

Comment

True most of the time it did need two to enter the code, but it has happened before with The Long Goodbye Rodney had to override them.

Could be a reason for Carter coming in? To help fix things.
                                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Working...
                                X