X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dispader View Post
    Right on! I love that guy!
    (hums the M*A*S*H theme)

I have some ideas for the Asurans. I will never refer to them as Replicators, since they are far off from what SG-1 and the Asgard faced.

I'll post up a few new posts tomorrow, since I cannot remain online long right now. I would definetely want to see David Ogden Stiers guest star in more episodes in the future. He is a great actor, and I see lots of potential for the character of "Oberoth".

As for Asuran warships, newer designs would be most enjoyable. I was able to determine from the "First Strike" screencaps that the ships were all Aurora-class, from what I saw. From my perspective now, the ships like the Aurora, the Orion, and the Tria are outdated. I can already start to picture what newer, more powerful ships that the Asurans would have developed over the course of 10,000 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
      Why would the Odyssey be damaged?
      Any number of reasons. It does not have to be related to the Atlantis plot. I'd just like to see a balance of power in the first interaction between the team (most noticeably McKay) and Carter. So far, Carter has always been one step ahead, and I'd like to see that change in season four. Have her in just as dire straits as Atlantis so that it's not just her coming to the rescue but rather both groups helping each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
        Ok, here's what I think...

Adrift - This continues right after First Strike, they're stuck in space, and they don't know what to do, it might be a character centered episode.

Lifeline - They find the solution to their problems, and they're finally able to land Atlantis on a planet. Another idea, is that since the name of the episode is called Lifeline. Maybe someone from their past helps them out? Maybe Ford comes back, with the ZPM from the Brotherhood and gives it to the team?

Reunion - They re-establish contact with Earth. This is probably the episode where Weir's role gets reduced.
        Very likely.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
          I personally think the Asurans & Wraith will leave Atlantis alone. The Wraith only cares about one thing & that is to attack & feed on Earth. If they ever show up they will obviously be stopped Stargate style. But in the end I think the Asurans will come to the conclusion that Atlantis left & will not be coming back as it would be suicide. I think that the Asurans would come to the conclusion that they won their little war with the Atlantis team. In my opinion the only thing they need to worry about is either group attacking Earth. Atlantis itself should be in the safe zone as long as it stays away from Pegasus.
          Doubt it. The Asurans are tricky little buggers and will want to finish the job. The Wraith will find them as well and will eventually have a showdown.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
            As for Asuran warships, newer designs would be most enjoyable. I was able to determine from the "First Strike" screencaps that the ships were all Aurora-class, from what I saw. From my perspective now, the ships like the Aurora, the Orion, and the Tria are outdated. I can already start to picture what newer, more powerful ships that the Asurans would have developed over the course of 10,000 years.
            It seems all the Asurans know how to do is copy.
            They can't really express much creativity.

They just copy... a lot.
            I am betting that the entire Asuran planet was based to some degree on historic Ancient buildings, and the Asurans just made more.

Comment

Originally posted by dispader View Post
              Right on! I love that guy!
              So far he's the only Asuran who can actually act. All the others are so unbelievably cheesy, it becomes easy to imagine how sci-fi television is ridiculed by average West Wing watching folk.

And to those who "refuse" to refer to Asurans as replicators, I would just like to point out that the show itself has done so on many occasions.

Comment

Yeah but..."Asurans" is so much shorter than "Replic...something".

You know?

Comment

Hmm after reading other posts i could kinda see this happening...

Adrift - Running low on time they must find a way to survive and then Rodney (or someone) thinks about when they first came to the city (when it was under water) and only parts of the city where protected by the shield (as someone stated above)...So the get everyone to evacuate to the center tower and change the shield to only protect that part.... Doing that could either by them more time or more power to get to the planet...(kinda going with the more time thing....) With there time extended they must think of a way to get out of this situation...

Lifeline - The Apollo Shows up but with there ship full they are unable to help.. Not having enough time to evac everyone from the city they send the apollo (With a jumper) to the nearest planet and send them back to earth to get the other ZPM(s)..(In the time they are waiting something bad happens... An enemy shows up or something..) Sheppard gets back with both or one of the other zpms (kinda thinking both since this situation is a little desperate but then again why risk sending both??)

They then land the planet and everyone is happy again....

Or

Maybe they decide to head back to the Milky Way and say screw this galaxy or just put a hold on it right now.... Reunion picks up and they land Atlantis at the aplha or beta sites or some other planet with a ocean... And then the fight will continue with the ori where sg1 left off at the end of season 10 and sg1 does there movies based on atlantis or with there help...

But i doubt that last part since they have so much left to explore in the Peagsus (sp?) Galaxy.... But it is a thought... Of course then they would lose ronon and Teyla....

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                  I hope they kill off Jewel Staite's character as quickly as possible, replace atleast half of the writing team with NEW and fresh writers, bring back Paul/Carson somehow, send Sam Carter back to earth, and cut back on all the annoying "King Rodney McKay" bull, it's getting annoying and it's NOT "Stargate: Rodney". Or atleast it's not supposed to be. Otherwise, I won't be watching. Actually, I won't be watching Season 4 anyways, but on the off chance they get a season 5, TPTB had better clean up their acts if they want people to watch.

And as for the comment about Jewel Staite should leave atlantis.. I think she is a awsome character and will be a great asset to the show..(I loved her on firefly and serenity and if she is not going to be doing that any more then i would love to see her where she is..Sucks they killed carson off but they do tend to do this on shows... Remove characters one way or the other..)

I agree however that sam should not come to atlantis... While i love her character i just dont think she should be there.. But with Sg1 series ending i will enjoy seeing her still...

I also agree that the show relies to much on rodney... I mean i get the he is a super brilliant guy but give it a rest... Every dire situation that needs technically solved he does it.. Which is quite alot!!!

About the writers... They have sure kept me on my toes... I have loved every episode... and i am damn confident that they will have a season 5 and probably 6 but after that i dunno....

And i cant see how you are a true fan if you would abandon the show just like that...
                  If Someone Trys To Kill You,
                  You Try And Kill Them Right Back..

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by czarjosh View Post
                    Any idea on when Season 4 will premier?
                    July is usually when its back on. So 6 more months

Comment

Originally posted by asianmacker View Post
                      July is usually when its back on. So 6 more months
                      Yup most likely. Season finale in June and returns 2-3 weeks later. LMAO.

till then I'll enjoy watching Monk and Psych on Fridays nights.

Comment

The power problem seemed to surprise Rodney, his calculations showed they would have enough power.. and all of a sudden they didn’t. So there is likely a reason for the power loss.

My theory is that when the beam hit Atlantis (before the sheild came up) it did damage to some power systems. Maybe power distribution. Hence the power problem.
                        SPACE MACGYVER!!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

people....there is no problem whatsoever with atlantis. they can have all the power they need in a second. remember that mckay and his sister were working on project arctrus...well a form of it. that means endless supply of power. just turn it on for the short period of time so you dont destroy the other universe (it's kinda populated).

if they dont resort to this solution i will be very much disappointed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                            So far he's the only Asuran who can actually act. All the others are so unbelievably cheesy, it becomes easy to imagine how sci-fi television is ridiculed by average West Wing watching folk.

And to those who "refuse" to refer to Asurans as replicators, I would just like to point out that the show itself has done so on many occasions.
                            The "Asuran" title is what makes them more unique.

Comment

Hasnt anyone every thought that lifeline could be a weir based episode as you know she is dying and all.
                              Maybe in the adrift episode the atlantian team comes across a old ancient warship or something like a ancient satelite or maybe an old drone factory with a ZPM inside
                              As for the reunion episode i reckon it will be about how earth establishs connection will atlantis and introduction of new character

Comment

Originally posted by MessageMan View Post
                                Hmm after reading other posts i could kinda see this happening...

Adrift - Running low on time they must find a way to survive and then Rodney (or someone) thinks about when they first came to the city (when it was under water) and only parts of the city where protected by the shield (as someone stated above)...So the get everyone to evacuate to the center tower and change the shield to only protect that part.... Doing that could either by them more time or more power to get to the planet...(kinda going with the more time thing....) With there time extended they must think of a way to get out of this situation...

Lifeline - The Apollo Shows up but with there ship full they are unable to help.. Not having enough time to evac everyone from the city they send the apollo (With a jumper) to the nearest planet and send them back to earth to get the other ZPM(s)..(In the time they are waiting something bad happens... An enemy shows up or something..) Sheppard gets back with both or one of the other zpms (kinda thinking both since this situation is a little desperate but then again why risk sending both??)

They then land the planet and everyone is happy again....

Or

Maybe they decide to head back to the Milky Way and say screw this galaxy or just put a hold on it right now.... Reunion picks up and they land Atlantis at the aplha or beta sites or some other planet with a ocean... And then the fight will continue with the ori where sg1 left off at the end of season 10 and sg1 does there movies based on atlantis or with there help...

But i doubt that last part since they have so much left to explore in the Peagsus (sp?) Galaxy.... But it is a thought... Of course then they would lose ronon and Teyla....

And as for the comment about Jewel Staite should leave atlantis.. I think she is a awsome character and will be a great asset to the show..(I loved her on firefly and serenity and if she is not going to be doing that any more then i would love to see her where she is..Sucks they killed carson off but they do tend to do this on shows... Remove characters one way or the other..)

I agree however that sam should not come to atlantis... While i love her character i just dont think she should be there.. But with Sg1 series ending i will enjoy seeing her still...

I also agree that the show relies to much on rodney... I mean i get the he is a super brilliant guy but give it a rest... Every dire situation that needs technically solved he does it.. Which is quite alot!!!

About the writers... They have sure kept me on my toes... I have loved every episode... and i am damn confident that they will have a season 5 and probably 6 but after that i dunno....

And i cant see how you are a true fan if you would abandon the show just like that...
                                Maybe I have higher standards than you do. Maybe I think Season 1 was a great start to a new series, but has since started going down hill. Maybe I am sick of all the stupid mistakes being made. The fact that you think Jewel is an "awesome character and a great asset to the show" proves that your standards of great acting are severely wanting. I've seen some of her other work, and her acting is just weak and bland. I've seen better acting in high school plays. And how would you know if her character is "awesome" or not, she's only been seen for 2 minutes in one episode. Basing the awesomeness of the character on 2 minutes is pure fanwank. Besides, Paul M./Beckett was a great asset to the show, and look what happened to him.
                                Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                                Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Working...
                                X