X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
      Even if TH left of her own free will I still wouldn't want an SG-1 character coming over as a regular SGA character.

There's a problem with your scenario- weir isn't incapacitated for that long since she's with Shep's team in Lifeline. And if there did need to be a new CO for Atlantis base it definitely shouldn't be Carter since she is needed most in the MW. There's also the issue of why Carter deserves to be promoted to Colonel after less than 5 years. Now IF the events of Road Not Taken had actually happened in the real universe, then yes, she MIGHT deserve the promotion. But nothing she's done is deserving of another promotion.
      Carter needed to be promoted cuz she can't be chief science officer. That's Rodney's position. He won't give it up, I'm sure. Weir was booted off the show for some inane reason, so that leaves that slot open. Still think the idea is stupid but it's a done deal, so we have to live with it. And like you, no, can't see why she deserves another promotion so quickly, except to get her on the show.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      See I think Joe M's comment about the 5,000 friends was Tacky. If SGA keeps the way it is, we will see a season 5. Look at the ratings they are averaged at a 1.5 this season so far. ECW has been averaging a 1.5 also.

So when a show gets a 1.3 and a 1.4, and the leading show only gets a 1.5 or 1.6. I think the show that finishes 2nd will be ok.
      I thought the comment to entice fans to watch was, well, lame. I mean, how many people will really watch that video and go calling people to watch? Fans who will tell relatives to watch probably have already done so in the past.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      But how would they even know? *Actually how would we know if people were lying about having a box?*

Surely ratings gathering is not taken that seriously to call out the internet police? What kind of world are we living in. Jeez. You would think people would have real crime to worry about.
      Good grief, yes, there's other more important stuff, like Paris Hilton going to the slammer. Aiee, lock her up and kick the tabloids away and give the news back to REAL news. Sheesh.

Ratings aren't as serious as advertising revenue, but then they're one in the same really...

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
        Even if TH left of her own free will I still wouldn't want an SG-1 character coming over as a regular SGA character.

There's a problem with your scenario- weir isn't incapacitated for that long since she's with Shep's team in Lifeline. And if there did need to be a new CO for Atlantis base it definitely shouldn't be Carter since she is needed most in the MW. There's also the issue of why Carter deserves to be promoted to Colonel after less than 5 years. Now IF the events of Road Not Taken had actually happened in the real universe, then yes, she MIGHT deserve the promotion. But nothing she's done is deserving of another promotion.
        She hasnt? In three years you are saying that she has done nothing to earn the promotion? I beg to differ. In season 8 she helped stop the Replicators for one a huge task, and in season 9 she helped stop the Ori Plague, helped us gain an upper hand against the Ori, not to mention she is due for a promotion given her new duties.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          She hasnt? In three years you are saying that she has done nothing to earn the promotion? I beg to differ. In season 8 she helped stop the Replicators for one a huge task, and in season 9 she helped stop the Ori Plague, helped us gain an upper hand against the Ori, not to mention she is due for a promotion given her new duties.
          Well, then then entire SG1 team is due for promotion and pay raise then!

Comment

I'm bettng that all the members of SG-1 eligible for a promotion will get one by time Carter arrives in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              I'm bettng that all the members of SG-1 eligible for a promotion will get one by time Carter arrives in Atlantis.
              Which would be Mitchell. No one else is in the Military.I'm betting if SG-1 isnt disbanded when Carter comes ove Mitch will get his birds too.

Comment

Which would be Mitchell. No one else is in the Military.I'm betting if SG-1 isnt disbanded when Carter comes ove Mitch will get his birds too.
                ITA.
                click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

I'd think SG1 would be disbanded. carter is no longer even in the same galaxy so hard to be on the team. Plus if Mitchell gets promotion, I'm sure he'd still want to do a team and not sit around doing nothing. It all depends if the movies take places before SGA. If so, then the Ori threat is done. As Daniel adn teal'c were already happily moving on, I'm sure they'll do it again if the Ori are gone. And why should Daniel hang around if they still won't let him to to the Pegasus galaxy??

Comment

As for that "hug" in the vid and the Shep/Teyla ship talk - Joe M. has put that to rest when I asked him about Teyla romancing a lead dude:

Answer: She’s romancing one o the leads? Really? You have a better inside scoop than I do and I work on the show.

I assume this puts Ronon/Teyla to rest as well.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                      As for that "hug" in the vid and the Shep/Teyla ship talk - Joe M. has put that to rest when I asked him about Teyla romancing a lead dude:

Answer: She’s romancing one o the leads? Really? You have a better inside scoop than I do and I work on the show.

Are you sure he wasn't saying that particular scene -- the hug-- wasn't Teyla making a move on Sheppard? You have to be careful in interpreting his answers.

Sounds more like he was a little irritated that you were leaping to conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                        Are you sure he wasn't saying that particular scene -- the hug-- wasn't Teyla making a move on Sheppard? You have to be careful in interpreting his answers.

Sounds more like he was a little irritated that you were leaping to conclusions.
                        My actual question was just HOW they were developing Teyla, and that a lot of fans felt the hug in question was a blossoming romance. He honed in on the "romance" remark only.

I've come to like Teyla more this year, but I want to see her grow as an individual. I want to see her actually being a leader for the Athosians, I want to see her making difficult decisions on her own, I don't want to see her play "Mary Sue" and have to be rescued over and over. Lastly, I do not want to see her given to a lead character as a romantic interest and have TPTB say this is "character development" for Teyla (cause I know what Joe and company have done with "character development" over on SG1).

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          I'd think SG1 would be disbanded. carter is no longer even in the same galaxy so hard to be on the team. Plus if Mitchell gets promotion, I'm sure he'd still want to do a team and not sit around doing nothing. It all depends if the movies take places before SGA. If so, then the Ori threat is done. As Daniel adn teal'c were already happily moving on, I'm sure they'll do it again if the Ori are gone. And why should Daniel hang around if they still won't let him to to the Pegasus galaxy??
                          I'm pretty sure they take place before season 4 so either Sg-1 is disabanded and Mitchell gets another team or he starts SG-1 fresh.

Comment

That does open a very good question though. Other than the issue of getting Shanks to sign up. Why wouldn't they want to move Jackson over to Atlantis? I mean he is one of the leading authorities on Ancient culture and writing.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

That's not actually what he said. He expressed surprise that you "know" that Teyla is going to be romancing one of the leads based on a few seconds long clip in the interview video. He didn't actually confirm or deny anything.

You know what they say happens when you assume...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                That's not actually what he said. He expressed surprise that you "know" that Teyla is going to be romancing one of the leads based on a few seconds long clip in the interview video. He didn't actually confirm or deny anything.

You know what they say happens when you assume...
                                Mallozzi rarely gives a straight yes or no answer. And many of his replies are open to vast interpretation, speculation, etc.

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
                                That does open a very good question though. Other than the issue of getting Shanks to sign up. Why wouldn't they want to move Jackson over to Atlantis? I mean he is one of the leading authorities on Ancient culture and writing.
                                Could be due to salary considerations. Of all the people to send to Atlantis, daniel would have made the most sense as it would add the most unique abilities, whereas Carter duplicates McKay and Mitchell duplicates Sheppard, and Teal'c - Ronon. To some degree, Daniel can duplicate Weir, but since Weir is gonna be just a handful of episodes, you'd think they'd need someone who could actually read Ancient....

Comment

Working...
                                X