Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Vala over to Stargate Atlantis Thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    You are not the first one to ask me this. As I pm-ed someone this was on Sky One. They gave this SG1 marathon and Tapping, Judge, Shanks, and RDA spoke about the show and changes. As I pointed out in my PM, Tapping also said she was astonished to find out she was not going to have command of SG1. Later on she realised things are not that bad. Let us be honest, SG1 does not really have a leader like in the good old days.
    I agree that SG-1 doesn't have the clear leadership that it had prior to S9, and that's all well and good. However, my confusion comes with the interview you mentioned. As you can probably gather from my sig and my avatar, I try to keep up to date with AT's interviews and the like. And I guess I just don't remember anyone else mentioning that thing on Sky One.

Still, it's entirely possible that I simply missed any discussion of it.

I ask because it's a pretty big deal to say that an actor said something so negative... the idea of any actor badmouthing another actor's character would not sit well with many people.

Comment

I ask because it's a pretty big deal to say that an actor said something so negative... the idea of any actor badmouthing another actor's character would not sit well with many people.
      It was not badmouthing. She stated the obvious. After all these years of being second in command it was normal for her to want to be in command. People respect Tapping after all she is one of the SG pylons.

[/end of offtopic]

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
        I enjoy watching Vala about twice to three times as much as any of the current Atlantis characters so I guess I'm for this. Sure it probably won't make the most logical sense in terms of the story, but they hardly seem to worry much about that so why should I.

Honestly I'd much rather see her there than Carter. All Carter's going to do is indirectly result in McKay hogging up even more screentime than he already does.

If anyone from SG1 is going to cross over though it really should be Daniel. He's the only one that really seems to belong there given his expertise.
        I agree with the last sentence. If an SG-1 member just HAS to go over to SGA, then it should, in ALL respects, be Daniel. But, only if an SG-1 member just HAS to go over to SGA.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

IIf it happened then Atlantis would get cancelled just like SG-1!
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            And you can actually say that with a straight face? Crikey, half the season is going to be consumed by a massive crossover; that seems neither "separate" nor "only when necessary" to me. And again, if they want to keep the shows separate they should stop dumping SG-1 on Atlantis. That isn't necessary, either, but the writers force it on us. It's "necessary" for SG-1 to be shoved down the throats of Atlantis but it'd be silly for Atlantis to show up on SG-1 because the writers have seen to it that Atlantis is co-dependent while SG-1 is so uberly awesome they don't even need to think about those pesky people in a galaxy far far away.

You, however, obviously see things differently and believe in whatever it is TPTB are doing. I don't. End of story.
            Yes I have faith in TPTB and you don't that's fine. My only gripe is loosing Carson everything else seems fine to me.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

There is no need for Vala in Atlantis. She could cause more problems then the Wraith and Asurans together. I have never understood why they created her character unless it was for sexual reasons to which I say "Give me a huge break". That is not what I watch tv.

I really want SGA to remain its' own show and if TPTB can't understand that, I don't know why they even started the show just to up and slap the fans in the face.
              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
              Individuality is freedom lived.
              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
              X