Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Vala over to Stargate Atlantis Thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as Vala is my fav character in SG1, I don't see any point of her being there though there would be plenty of laugh I must admit. If there was some valid reason for her to be there by all means bring her over. However I would like her to visit Atlantis at least once next season but I highly doubt it.
    sigpic

Comment

Vala has been the best thing to happen to the whole Stargate series in a while. She brings not only comedy and serious lack of sexiness, that Tapping cannot provide, but a new level acting of talent. Claudia Black is a serious actor. Tapping cant do sexy. She does smart.

BTW, thanks for all the "Atlantis" replies. The fact is, this show is headed towards the toilet. Its my opinion that ANY character brought over from the SG-1 series would do nothing but help. Have any of you noticed that the SG-1 shows have taken a much more light hearted tack to the final few episodes? Maybe thats what is needed?

Comment

I do not think Tapping cannot do sexy. The SGA episode where McKay is trapped in the puddle jumper she appears with a pink jacket in the jumper and later on in a bathing suit. She does sexy but to a certain extent; a geeky kind of sexy. I think people are very used to "geek" SAM rather than "less clothes" SAM. Vala on the other hand, she was introduced in a very provocative outfit in "Prometheus Unbound", she has Kylie Minogue style shorts in Bounty, a very lovely black dress at the Prom in Bounty, and many of her lines have huge sexual connotation. Atlantis needs to change the landscape and believe it or not Vala could do it .
        Last edited by Integrabyte; 16 February 2007, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          How is Atlantis a different thing?
          They made it that way due to a collective failure of imagination. Atlantis started out differently and "devolved" into SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
            They made it that way due to a collective failure of imagination. Atlantis started out differently and "devolved" into SG-1.
            i think im my opinion that it was when they introduced the 'replicators'
            or too much cross-overs to sg-1
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stone View Post
              The fact is, this show is headed towards the toilet.
              It may be headed towards the toilet, but adding a piece of crap like Vala would flush the whole thing into the sewers. And if Vala's involved, that's exactly where it would belong.

Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                It may be headed towards the toilet, but adding a piece of crap like Vala would flush the whole thing into the sewers. And if Vala's involved, that's exactly where it would belong.

Just my opinion, of course.
                How refreshing it is too. Vala is a pointless character introduced for comic relief and some spurious love interest, not much else.
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Vala is the best female character Stargate has ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Diddo (sorry Sam fans...I just don't see it ).

Now, having said that, I'm not sure if bringing Vala over to SGA makes sense. Yeah, I'd love to see more of her, but I don't think she'd fit (I don't think Sam does either....but apparently TPTB disagree). It would be nice to see her pop up for an episode or two to help out Sam or something but even that begs the question of: Why send her? She has no real knowledge about Atlantis, nor any special skills that they could use (unless thieving counts ).

But I'd LOVE to see her on the spin-off....let's push for that!

-Stef
                    Last edited by Stef; 16 February 2007, 03:42 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Says you. As far as I'm concerned, she's the worst. Even Tok'ra Spice would be an improvement. Hell, even Chaya would be better. But Vala? Never. Not in a million years and not for all the money in the world. She's poison.

Comment

Says you. As far as I'm concerned, she's the worst. Even Tok'ra Spice would be an improvement. Hell, even Chaya would be better. But Vala? Never. Not in a million years and not for all the money in the world. She's poison.
                        Ah, I can feel the love.

Could we at least make an effort of coming up with specific reasons why Vala should not join SGA, or do we just want to sit around and insult her character and come up with fun little analogies and comparisons to demean her? I vote for the first one

Oh, and I like your sig, ShadowMaat. Well put, and a good point.

-Stef
                        Last edited by Stef; 16 February 2007, 05:16 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I agree Vala is a great character and I love her dearly but I still say hell no to her coming over full time.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Vala.. Well I like her sometimes but she's so inconsistent at times. I was hoping after Flesh and Blood they would start writing her seriously to show she had changed. And sometimes that shows and that’s great, but too often she is written as humor and that really annoys me.

So I certainly don't want her in Atlantis. I've said it before, Daniel Jackson, besides being the best character on SG-1 IMO, has a good reason to go to Atlantis and could open up a lot of interesting plots on Atlantis. He could lead research on the history of it and make it an interesting and cool place that's only been hinted at. He's the only reoccurring guest crossover I'd ever support and if Michael Shanks has no interest, so be it. No need to throw over anyone else for SG-1 when their roles are already occupied by the cast that’s only had a chance to shine for three years, and limited at that.

It’s a shame that they won't let Teyla or Weir fill this role, they easily could but the idea has only been toyed with.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                              Could we at least make an effort of coming up with specific reasons why Vala should not join SGA
                              My opinion?

* She's a joke- her character is primarily one of comic relief.
                              * She would serve no valid purpose in Atlantis except as another pathetic attempt to force SG-1 down the throats of Atlantis fans.
                              * Her characters plays over the top. Atlantis doesn't need that.
                              * She knows nothing about the Atlantis universe or the threats facing it.
                              * Did I mention she's a joke?
                              * Every single tie she has is to SG-1, NOT Atlantis. Just because Sam is gonna be on Atlantis is NOT an excuse to drag Vala over.
                              * The writers can't handle the characters they already have, so why add more?

Comment

My opinion?

* She's a joke- her character is primarily one of comic relief.
                                * She would serve no valid purpose in Atlantis except as another pathetic attempt to force SG-1 down the throats of Atlantis fans.
                                * Her characters plays over the top. Atlantis doesn't need that.
                                * She knows nothing about the Atlantis universe or the threats facing it.
                                * Did I mention she's a joke?
                                * Every single tie she has is to SG-1, NOT Atlantis. Just because Sam is gonna be on Atlantis is NOT an excuse to drag Vala over.
                                * The writers can't handle the characters they already have, so why add more?
                                Now see, those are all valid points...ones that I happen to agree with you on (EXCEPT that she's a 'joke').

As much as I love Vala, she's an SG-1 character and does not belong on SGA. Like you said, all of her ties are to the SGC....now if Daniel ever stopped by Atlantis, her presence might make sense, but it would also prove to be unecassary...and more of a bone thrown to SG-1 fans than anything else.

I don't think ANY of the SG-1 characters belong on SGA. By bringing on SG-1 characters, it's like the writers are saying that the show can't stand on its own which I believe it can. SGA has its own chemistry, and trying to force a new element into it is a bad idea.

I think that before the writers start making any new additions to the show, they need to figure out what to do with the characters they already have. We know next to nothing about any of these people...THAT is what TPTB should be focusing on, rather than all of these cast change-ups.

Still....I'll miss Vala

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X