Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before First Strike it was yes, now it is HELL YES! It was an awsome episode and while I was never worried about the changes I am even less now. It seems to be that season 4 will be great.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Before First Strike it was yes, now it is HELL YES! It was an awsome episode and while I was never worried about the changes I am even less now. It seems to be that season 4 will be great.
      It must take a lot of strength to maintain that optimism. Here's some green.

Comment

yes im going to watch it, but dosnt mean i have to like about CARTER going, will proberly screw up the show but at the end of the day i still love SGA

Comment

Mibbies aye, mibbies naw.

I can't decide until I've watched the last of this season's episodes. And even after watching the last of this season's episodes, I still might be undecided. In other words, mibbies aye, mibbies naw.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

After watching First Strike - can't wait for season four. Pity we have such a long wait. The new doctor seemed to fit in really well though I will still miss Carson. The show still offers me loads of character interaction and action so I am happy to have both. Looking forward to the new direction that season four will be taking and seeing how Sam will be interegrated into the show.

Still a bit skeptical of having her on Atlantis but I was pleasantly surprised by the new doctor so I'm sure it will be the same with Sam. I am looking forward to the new and improved dynamic that First Strike brought to the show and liked the military feel. It seemed to give the show an edge that it had been missing. Love the idea of Sheppard being in charge.
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't read everyone's post, because let's face it you lot are a chatty bunch and RL is cutting in to my play time *sigh*. But I'll be honest i've given it careful thought about not watching it any more with all the cast changes. And i've been very vocal about how much I dislike them and still think that too many changes are not a good thing. It's also been confirmed that the reason some changes were made was because SG1 was cancelled and because of that TPTB wanted to shake things up a bit, and one of those things was letting Carson/PM go *sigh*.

While I don't necessarily agree with some of the decisions they have made (and yep I accept that they will never please everyone all the time) I will still watch the show, because I love Atlantis for the stories and interactions of the characters, and while I have my favourites it doesn't dissuade me from enjoying everything as a whole, and I will give it a chance. If I don't like the direction it's headed in then i'll switch over. I've rarely been disheartened with the episodes so far, although I know some have, and I think if I got to that point with ant particular show, not just Atlantis then I would switch off instead of bashing every single episode or the majority of it. I know a fair few people who won't watch it because of the changes, and it is a shame. As a whole I think Atlantis has a lot to offer, but I completely understand their decision. I'll be even more honest and say that if my favourite characters decided to leave then I would also have serious thoughts about watching it, because it would lose a large appeal for me. And it would change the dynamics of the show completely if certain people left, were killed off or were becoming reocurring, then yes it would probably make me not want to watch the show. But i'll cross that bridge if or when it happens.

For me I don't see the point of ripping a show to bits but then still watch it. So unless Atlantis gets to the point where I don't like it anymore then i'll carry on watching. I don't think i'll ever be happy with the cast changes, because I personnally don't feel as if it is warranted. And i've always felt the changes were made simply because SG1 finished. What surprises me is that TPTB and some of the actors (no names mentioned) are surprised that we don't want SG1 cast members on Atlantis. And I honestly don't think that they realise that Atlantis fans are not necessarily SG1 fans. I think maybe (and i'm probably out on a limb here), but I think they expected the fans to just cross over and it hasn't worked out like that, so they've never seen a problem with SG1 cast crossing over...

So in short (yep, I can do short sometimes) I will watch it and see where it takes me, and hope that i'm proved very wrong. I will give the new characters a chance, it's not their fault that they've 'replaced' someone after all. They saw a good job and took it, and if I were in their shoes i'd probably do the same. So I won't condemn them until i've seen what they're like and how they interact with the other established cast members.

Just my two cents....
              Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 09 February 2007, 11:03 AM. Reason: I need to puntctuate more, lol.

Comment

To many changes for me, I'll probably tune into the first few episodes and see how it's going to pan out and go from there.
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I don't know if I'll watch the show after those very bad decisions that happened in season 3.

firing great actors for money, I can't bear it!

But the only rays of light I have for season 4 are Amanda's arrival (I hope TPTB [SPOILERS]won't kill her off too?![/SPOILERS) YES YES YES MCARTER ROCKS! and some possibilities of SG1 characters appearing in this season.

Quality of scripts: don't know what to think, season 2 and 3-> russian mountains.

@foolishpleasure: I love your sign!

I want more Cam/Sam and Dala
                  Paul Mc Gillion back as regular in season 5!

We want Farscape on M6! 538 people signed! What about you?
                  March 19th 1999-March 19th 2008 : Happy Birthday Farscape !

Stargate cast members I would like to meet :
                  Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Paul Mc Gillion and Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yes, only for Jewel Staite though. The stories and plot developments are to superficial and sudden to have any sort of credibility. At least S3 is an improvement on S2, which focused on 35 mins of the team leading to disaster, followed by 10 mins of McKay hatching up an eureka plan and executing it flawlessly.

Comment

I agree with you, she will make things a little more interesting. Also, it could make up for some of the seeming mistakes made in the planning of season 3.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                        It must take a lot of strength to maintain that optimism. Here's some green.
                        Thanks but it's not just optimisim, it's from what I've seen so far it looks very promising. But hey I could be wrong.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm going to continue watching as long as Sheppard and McKay stay on the show.
                          sigpic

Comment

As mad as I am about the cast changes I'm sure I will be there for s4. I just don't think I could breathe if I wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mice View Post
                              I have zero interest in watching after all the cast changes.
                              agreed...i won't be watching...its not the show it was

first strike was the deciding factor, before that i wasn't sure if i would be or not,
                              but now i'm totally not going to be watching season 4
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

So many changes going on in my fav show and I'm not sure I like some of them, but I do intend to watch it until the end. Bring on season 4!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Working...
                                X