• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
    Well, nobody cares about
    Spoiler:
    Ellen and Jammer
    What a rude way of expressing disinterest for secondary characters... (no offence but there are likely people who actually do care)!!!
    Twinchy---
    sigpic
    FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
      Such negativity, the number of "no's" are most likely from forum trolls or people who are only watching it for the characters that got 'offed'

I, for one, don't appreicate being called a troll for expressing my opinion.

I've watched SG-1 for 10 years and Atlantis until Season 3. My reasons for no longer watching the show are valid, and I have posted my thoughts on SGA in numerous other places on this forum.

For those who enjoy the show, have fun watching. I don't, so I'm no longer in that group. Isn't expressing our opinions the point of this thread?
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Yes, I will.
        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
          See, the word "arc" intrigues me, as there hasn't been one for season 3, and that's what I've been missing. I think season 1's great strength lay in how the eps overlapped to give a sense of exploration and discovery, a sense of getting to know the Pegasus Galaxy. I haven't felt a coherent push of more than 3-4 eps since then, and nothing in season 3 since Misbegotten. I'm not counting Irresistible, etc. - that was an ouch, not an arc.
          I've definitely been missing that same sense as well. I'll be giving season 4 a chance and I really hope that this is something that they put back into the show. A kind of underlying arc/mission/objective/directive that can weave in and out of the season's episodes. It doesn't have to be anything in your face or upfront, just in the background that will tie the show together would be nice. Something like that would go a long way, IMO, to bringing some of the spark back to the show, especially in light of all of the changes and things that are happening.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Heck Yea! I will absolutely keep watching! I love Atlantis!
            sigpic

Comment

i haven't decided yet but i'm leaning towards no
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Officially, NEVER! Never again will I sully my mind with SGA!!

...unofficially, I'll be found watching it where no one can catch me.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                  Officially, NEVER! Never again will I sully my mind with SGA!!

...unofficially, I'll be found watching it where no one can catch me.
                  At home, alone, in the dark, with a sense of shame....

But when the time comes to vid again, you know you'll use that perfect shot of Elizabeth telling off Sam and hope everyone believes you when you say a friend captured it.

Comment

Yes, of course!

Comment

Based on what I just saw, a resounding yes from me.

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade ½ View Post
                        What a rude way of expressing disinterest for secondary characters... (no offence but there are likely people who actually do care)!!!
                        Oh, I know. I totally cried when
                        Spoiler:
                        Ellen died.
                        I was only joking to cover up that fact that I forgot she did.

Comment

Personally feel no need to *have* to watch SGA - so if I miss an episode it won't matter, I'll just catch it later, sometime. However, if I have an opportunity to do so I might tune in.

If enough people feel similar to myself I wonder how SciFi ratings will fare. To be lukewarm about something may be worse than outright hatred.

Comment

of course i will watch season 4, I have seen every episode from when Stargate started and the movie.
                            sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

LOL how can I not.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
                                I have to say, I really do not understand those of you that are not going to watch season 4. What is so bad about the next season that makes you have no desire to even try the new season. I understand that there have been some cast changes, but is the cast the only reason you watch the show? Do you not have an interest in the plot?

The plot is bad too and doesn't go anywhere. The quality of the show has been dropping from the middle of season two and has by now become unbearable. I absolutly hate the cast changes and YES I do watch the show because I loved the interaction of the characters. That was the main reason that drew me towards Lost in the beginning too. When I did this poll, I said I would give season four a chance by now I am not really sure I want to give it a chance. Last weeks episode was terrible IMO. A rip-off and a dumb "moster of the week" episode that had potential that got totally squandered. I am looking forward to a new episode of House and the next episodes og Galactica. Atlantis? I am afraid I will stick to fanfics from now on. I am just sick and tired of the way the PTBs have treated us and their inability to write decent scripts. I am BTW also one of those people who stopped watching The X-Files basically after season seven. I saw half of season eight (those episodes that had David Duchovny in it) and I will never, ever watch season nine. I saw the series finale and it was the worst finale I have seen in ages. I still hate Chris Carter for what he did to show. Why do most series producers have to spoil their baby at the end? As much as I like Joss Wheadon but he did it too to Buffy and Angel. The only two series I can think of that had really great endings are "Six Feet Under " and "Deep Space Nine"
                                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X