X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn right i will

Comment

Absolutely. Like many, I was getting down about s4, but the few spoilers that have surfaced have made me feel more positive. I love the show and I'll continue to watch it, and now I find myself getting over the shock of so many changes and looking forward to it with the usual sense of excitement that it normally provokes in me.

I still have some trepidation about the changes being implemented. I still have queries as to what direction the show will take. I still have difficulty understanding some of the choices TPTB have made in the last three seasons. I'm not blindly following the show just because it is SGA, and I am still capable of viewing it critically and intelligently.

That said, I'm following the show because it is the one of the rare shows that has me waiting impatiently for the next episode or the next season. I'm following it because it is the only show that has ever prompted the level of enjoyment and devotion that led me to involve myself with an online fandom or conventions or the entire fandom deal. (Even SG-1 didn't do this, and I've followed the show since it's inception.) I am going to watch season 4 and hopefully future seasons as well because I love the creativity, the acting, the effects and all of the facets that make up a show that is capable of involving me and making me excited. Season 4 would have to be radically and spectacularly dismal for me to abandon it.
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Well, I was going to anyway, but after First Strike - HELL YES!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I will watch the first three to four episodes, and see where it's going from there.

But since the template will still be the same, my hopes aren't particularily high, no matter how much of a reset they intend to put on SGA.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I'll always watch it. I would really like to see that Weir is not shafted in Season 4. She is a large part of the leadership of the expedition, as as such, a cornerstone in the entire scheme of things.

Comment

You're spot on, Alyssa. The way that I see it, it may very well be the right of TPTB to mistreat characters all they want. The only thing that will happen is that the character might not become as popular as the others they don't mistreat. But when TPTB start mistreating my favorite actor(s), it becomes dishonorable and plainly UNFAIR. That is when I usually choose to call it quits and stop watching. Who needs any more justification than that? If I decide to watch season 4 at all, I won't be the same dedicated fangirl I was before; I'll be a casual viewer at best. Unless they undo at the very least these cast change decisions, I'll never give them another cent ever again, nor will I bother wasting my time and creative impulses on an unworthy show.
              Last edited by Jersey13; 06 February 2007, 10:50 AM.

Comment

HELL YEAH I will watch season four! It's going to be great as any other stargate! I saw the First Strike and I have big faith that TPTB won't screw this new season! Call it a women institution - sorry - intuition , but there will be more of different development between the old and new characters.

My favourite character is Elizabeth and I know that she will be gone just for this season! But you have to give it a shot because Atlantis is that kind of show who needs time-to-time changes. It's not like SG-1 about one (i have to add - great) team it's about a hundreds of people each one from a different country!

My thoughts are that Elizabeth will have a vacation this year (probably a recovery) and Shep will lead Atlantis. If you have seen "first strike" you have to know that they were planning to do this so Elizabeth won't be gone forever!

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
                IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

After watching First Strike...let's just say that if I didn't watch Season 4, I'd better be dead.

Comment

With all the casting changes, I had some reservations about the new season but after watching the episodes Sunday to First Strike, I like the new direction the show is going in. I like the new characters and season 4 should be very interesting.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                    Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I'll watch it, I stuck around this long. If the changes don't work for me then I'll probably start treating Atlantis like SG1 - watch it when I can and don't feel too bad if I miss an ep here and there.

Well I think that many of the arc and filler ep plots haven't been all that stellar, so I can see how others wouldn't be that invested in the plot either. And I can see how some people would take an interest in certain characters over plot instead, and if those characters go or are minimized then there isn't much left to watch...
                      Have to say I pretty much agree with all the sentiments expressed in the above.

The show is drawing away from feeling as character-centric as it has been in the first couple of seasons, more rapidly as time goes on. It's losing its pull for me, its warmth. I quit watching SG-1 because it just couldn't hold my attention anymore, not enough character-centrism, and though I've returned to it since the end of season 8, I still preferred Atlantis up until about the episode "Irresistible". But now, I don't really care enough anymore, I don't think. I'll probably watch it when it's on because my parent does, but if it clashes with another favourite, I'll likely go back to the latter instead of bothering to tape anything.

Comment

First Strike was interesting. I think it was the most true thing to the premise of Atlantis in a long time. So I'm looking forward to seeing it they can keep it up in Season 4.

Comment

Folks, the topic of this thead is 'will you watch season four'.

it is NOT 'let me mock those that will watch' or 'let me mock those that won't', nor is it the 'let me tell any i don't agree with to bugger off'

Whether you like or dislike others' opinions, you do need to respect them.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                            Of course I will watch it - in fact I'm really looking forward to seeing where TPTB go with it. JF said in his recent interview in Starburst that there are some awesome story arcs coming up in season 4, and I always seem to share his idea of what is good and what isn't.
                            How can I possibly make a judgement on the quality of it, if I don't watch it? The cast changes have happened, there's nothing I can do about it.I've accepted them, and moved on, as I suspect most viewers will in the end. Even if my favourite character left the show, I'd still give it a try, even though I'd be incredibly disappointed. So, bring on season 4!!!
                            Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            What Linzi said.
                            What Linzi and Bluealien said

I like both seasons 1 and 2 a lot, but, for ME, season 3 is the best season by far. In my opinion, there was only one bad/mediocre episode in s3. One out of twenty. I liked the other 19 episodes a lot. And I absolutely adore 16 of them. So, yes, I'll definitely watch season 4. Can't wait!

Comment

Bad or good season 4 will be, I must continue to find out what happens. I don't like stopping in the middle of a story so I must continue, even if its bad.

Comment

Parts of it.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X