Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I'm so disappointed with that scene too. McKay has always been a jerk toward everyone regardless of gender, but asking your boss to flash some kids? I must have missed when he turned into an objectifying pervert, and toward the people he works with no less.
    But his comments used to be witty and intelligent, and therefore truly sting, but what I read is just dumb and if somebody were to say that to me, I would not be hurt, 'cause I just basically would regard him as a total idiot.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Why thanks Falcon, I needed that!

TORRI, YOU ROCK!!!

I'm a bit disappointed but I'm glad she Ford'd herself on her own terms. Makes me respect and admire her even more.
      I agree, I'm so glad she gave them the ol' heave-ho. I was hoping she'd do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        I'm so disappointed with that scene too. McKay has always been a jerk toward everyone regardless of gender, but asking your boss to flash some kids? I must have missed when he turned into an objectifying pervert, and toward the people he works with no less.
        We've gotten a lot of that kind of humor this season, and I don't know why. I mean, Who would you rather? Do people really play that game as adults? Bah, I guess some do. When this kind of humor was present in earlier seasons, it was directed towards the alien chick of the week, not main characters. I don't like the Carter character at all, but I think she was really treated disrespectfully in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
          It was off world?!!! I got the impression from the promo pictures that it's in a broom cupboard!

OMG! That is disgusting! It supports my feelings on TPTB's sexist attitude towards women. Rodney was never like this, he was shy about women. The few women who remain are just sex objects in TPTB's eyes.
          Yeah it was rather sick. I truly think TPTB have fallen into the college frat boy party mentality. Doesn't surprise me actually since that is obviously the demographic they are after. SGA used to be smarter than that. Can we have the old producers back please??

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            FH, do you still have the Teylagra you gave after I said I liked the space battle in BAMSR. (that pill made me hate it)
            I have no idea what you're talking about. I only have the pill against Sodney.

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
            ...we got at least 30 minutes of Carter on-screen ...
            LOL, I might just have 5 minutes of Rodney left after all....

Did you post this in the episode-thread? Cause I think you should post it there too.

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
            It was off world?!!! I got the impression from the promo pictures that it's in a broom cupboard!

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            FH - did you watch Trio? I went out on a date w/ hubby and completely forgot. Will watch it tonight.
            Watched The OC, Numb3rs (season 1 on DVD) and Constantine with the sister... Will watch Trio in a few minutes.

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
            Why thanks Falcon, I needed that!
            You're welcome.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post

TRIO - I do believe it would have been impossible for me to be any more disappointed in this episode. I could not believe that they would actually take an off-world opportunity with Carter and all of that time with Carter (when so many other eps had been so limited in what they could do with her) and give us this dreck. It was puerile and useless at best.

Yes maybe Carter was strong as a leader which it took a lot for me to see but it was there after you pushed through the pre-pubescent Rodney crap, the Keller in peril is scared crap and the absolutely waste of time on who each would make out if they had to - OMG please deliver me from this crap. At least now I know better what the conversation in the writer's room sounds like because that is pretty much all I kept thinking - this must be the way these people talk on-set (and that is directed at everyone writers, directors, producers, actors, etc.)
              I really think this is how they get all of their great (snort) ideas:

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                Warning: it's really bad. I'd put it right next to Travelers as the suckiest of the season.
                Such high praise! Alright I shall watch Torchwood instead.

Edit: Oh, I forgot....

TORRI, YOU ROCK!!!

I'm a bit disappointed but I'm glad she Ford'd herself on her own terms. Makes me respect and admire her even more.
                I love how you put that. She went out on her own terms, and no one else. WTG Torri!
                sig made by me

Comment

I just watched Trio... My Duo will be short, my Mono will be even shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                    Yeah it was rather sick. I truly think TPTB have fallen into the college frat boy party mentality. Doesn't surprise me actually since that is obviously the demographic they are after. SGA used to be smarter than that. Can we have the old producers back please??
                    And just think, they'll have two new young, hot, under 30 girls to ogle next season. Great.

We should all be petitioning Brad Wright to come back and regain control of this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                      We should all be petitioning Brad Wright to come back and regain control of this mess.
                      Why did he leave in the first place?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                        Why did he leave in the first place?
                        Stargate Universe maybe? The SG1-movies?

*shrug*

Comment

Stargate Universe maybe? The SG1-movies?

*shrug*
                          Either way, the guy is missed...
                          sigpic

Comment

Seether- Fake It

I dedicate it to JM. LOL.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                              And just think, they'll have two new young, hot, under 30 girls to ogle next season. Great.

I vote for that!

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              Either way, the guy is missed...
                              I miss him bunches. When he had control, the SGA made sense and it was well written. The show is just crap now

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                                Seether- Fake It

I dedicate it to JM. LOL.
                                That's just too funny! Add that to the Stinky Sock Mix if it hasn't been already please! HAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                                X