Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Wow 400 pages of Anti 4 feeling, can TPTB really keep denying nothing's wrong
    Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    And then send the link to TPTB and say are you sure everyone thinks this is the best thing since sliced bread
    They will deny the shows missteps for as long as possible. No one wants to admit they took the show down in an effort to wrench fans into watching their favorite characters die. Or that their plan to increase ratings by "shaking things up" backfired.

TPTB can't admit that if RL wasn't expecting they would still have no story arc for her and she would still be wallpaper like season3.

They also can't admit that season 3 wasn't supposed to be a comedy disguised as a science fiction show. Now they can't admit that season 4 attempts to make the show a drama backfired. Maybe they should have stuck with what the show was in season 1. A lone expiation, cut off from earth, stuck on an alien city that had surprises at every turn.

TPTB can't admit they made a mistake with bring back the replicators and tried to disguise them with a new background and name. Can't admit they made a mistake by either not closing the wraith arc or diving deeper into it. Kind of just let the wraith fade into the background and made the show "Stargate Rodney" with his side kick, John "Kirk" Sheppard.

TPTB can't admit that the fans who were already watching SGA were also SG-1 fans to begin with and bringing over AT and then making her OoC was handled badly.

TPTB do have their jobs even if it's at the expense of some of the main cast--who no longer have their old job. Why would they admit they messed up when they sit cozy behind their desk, spinning how great their ideas were and justify the ratings drop by blaming technology and then beg their fans to watch the show?
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      And I'm working on another one right now... Power Rangers rule!!
      Yes, they do!

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
      Spoiler:
      Can you even imagine that? Ronon and Keller? It would be like Beauty and the Beast where the Beast doesn't transform into a human once more. She might not even survive a close encounter with Ronon.

Then again, such an homage to Disney would be something TPTB would do these days.
      Manip! Manip!

"Aaaah, after 10000 years we're awake. It's time to feed on humans!"
      "Atlantis, the Wraith have awoken. Recruit a team of Earthling with attitude."
      "Go go Atlantis Rangers, you mighty morphing Atlantis Rangers!"
      John Sheppard as the White Ranger / Ranger Kirk.
      Rodney McKay as the Blue Ranger / Ranger Geek.
      Ronon Dex as the Black Ranger / Ranger Destruction.
      Teyla Emmagan as the Yellow Ranger / Ranger Wallpaper.

With
      Jennifer Keller as the Pink Ranger / Ranger Cute.
      And
      Samantha Carter as the Gold Ranger / Ranger Sue.

With special guest appearances by:
      Elizabeth Weir as the Red Ranger / Ranger Neo
      Michael as Lord Zedd.
      Todd the Wraith as Ecliptor.

With
      Aiden Ford as the Green Ranger / Ranger Token
      And
      Carson Beckett as Zordon.
      Best Power Rangers EVAH!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        *giggle*

Manip! Manip!
        Sure, why not... *has visual* ROTFL!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          They will deny the shows missteps for as long as possible. No one wants to admit they took the show down in an effort to wrench fans into watching their favorite characters die. Or that their plan to increase ratings by "shaking things up" backfired.

TPTB can't admit that if RL wasn't expecting they would still have no story arc for her and she would still be wallpaper like season3.

They also can't admit that season 3 wasn't supposed to be a comedy disguised as a science fiction show. Now they can't admit that season 4 attempts to make the show a drama backfired. Maybe they should have stuck with what the show was in season 1. A lone expiation, cut off from earth, stuck on an alien city that had surprises at every turn.

TPTB can't admit they made a mistake with bring back the replicators and tried to disguise them with a new background and name. Can't admit they made a mistake by either not closing the wraith arc or diving deeper into it. Kind of just let the wraith fade into the background and made the show "Stargate Rodney" with his side kick, John "Kirk" Sheppard.

TPTB can't admit that the fans who were already watching SGA were also SG-1 fans to begin with and bringing over AT and then making her OoC was handled badly.

TPTB do have their jobs even if it's at the expense of some of the main cast--who no longer have their old job. Why would they admit they messed up when they sit cozy behind their desk, spinning how great their ideas were and justify the ratings drop by blaming technology and then beg their fans to watch the show?
          They sure have a lot of admitting to do!
          Last edited by Celcool; 17 December 2007, 06:38 AM.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

#8000!

EDIT: I saw someone said that TMC got 1.6...*scratches head*
            Last edited by dana; 17 December 2007, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Lightspeed Rescue has a better opening and I prefer the "Mighty Morping" opening too.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                That was 1.6 million viewers, which if I understand the ratings correctly (but don't shoot me if I'm wrong) translates into a 1.1 or something.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Lightspeed Rescue has a better opening and I prefer the "Mighty Morping" opening too.
                  There you go:

Lightspeed Rescue

Mighty Morphin

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    They will deny the shows missteps for as long as possible. No one wants to admit they took the show down in an effort to wrench fans into watching their favorite characters die.

[ ... ]

Or in other words: Why take the blame if you can play "spin the bottle of blame" with everyone else? I guess it really does take more courage to admit you made mistake (See TPTB of Heroes and Lost) than it does to simply close your eyes, cover your ears and pretend nothing's wrong.
                    Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I know both and most of the other series' openings as well.
                      Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Or in other words: Why take the blame if you can play "spin the bottle of blame" with everyone else? I guess it really does take more courage to admit you made mistake (See TPTB of Heroes and Lost) than it does to simply close your eyes, cover your ears and pretend nothing's wrong.
                        It's *lalalala I'm not listening lalalala our ratings are perfect lalalala*
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                          #8001!

That is 1.6 million viewers which would likely translate more to a 1.2, after the final viewer total, it will likely give "TMC" a 1.4! BTW, Missing had a 1.4 with just under 1.9 million viewers! It really all depends how the rating point ratio is for that week. Since it changes all the time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Another song for Stinky Socks album.

Crash

Fits the ratings.

Nanananana we're gonna craaash!
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                            X