Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
    Probably. There are only so many quality killer earthquake/volcano/sun spot/black hole movies out there. SciFi needs something to fill up the rest of the schedule.
    Well, I was trying to be sarcastic, but it's all good, I guess.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      Well, I was trying to be sarcastic, but it's all good, I guess.

Got that part . . . and responded in kind.
      sigpic

Comment

Got that part . . . and responded in kind.
        What you said is quite true, though.
        sigpic

Comment

I just saw the friday night line up on sci-fi and what they heck are these people thinking?They're putting atlantis up against numb3rs and giving flash gordon the 8:00 slot?idiots.They should have put atlantis in the 8:00 times slot and flash gordon at the 9:00.Then atlantis could get a decent amount of ratings.I swear the people in charge over there want this show to die out.Maybe so they can concentrate on the third stargate series.Ugh.

Comment

Well, I guess airing against first-run network shows could be considered a case of assisted suicide (the assist provided by SciFi programming).
            Wooo hooo!!! LOL

You mean stuff like "we don't leave our people behind". I love Shep, but if he spends as much time looking for Weir as he did Ford, I hope the first time that crap comes out of his mouth this season, somebody pops him.
            LOL!

Yeah, but Skiffy will renew the show one way or another, didn't you know?
            If they're that desperate to renew this show....
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
              I just saw the friday night line up on sci-fi and what they heck are these people thinking?They're putting atlantis up against numb3rs and giving flash gordon the 8:00 slot?idiots.They should have put atlantis in the 8:00 times slot and flash gordon at the 9:00.Then atlantis could get a decent amount of ratings.I swear the people in charge over there want this show to die out.Maybe so they can concentrate on the third stargate series.Ugh.
              It will also be airing against Friday Night Lights starting the first Friday in October. This is one of those shows that has been slowly building steam and is a critics' favorite.

This coming Friday, SGA is airing against the season premier of Numbers and the second hour of the Las Vegas two-hour premier. Now admittedly, SGA and LV may not share a huge audience base; guess it depends on how the average viewer feels about Molly Sims and Josh Duhamel (hate her, love him).
              sigpic

Comment

It will also be airing against Friday Night Lights starting the first Friday in October. This is one of those shows that has been slowly building steam and is a critics' favorite.
                Ooo, Friday Night Lights, I've heard nothing but good things about it, but haven't gotten to watch it. Maybe this year I will. LOL.

Down with s4.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Excellent, another external factor to blame if when the show gets low ratings! How many are we up to now?

-Early leakage of the first two eps
                  -Bad promo pictures
                  -Scheduling decisions and other network competition
                  -Bad lead-in show
                  -Fewer people watching TV and/or skiffy
                  -Poor advertising by skiffy (untrue btw, I've seen plenty of SGA ads in the recent weeks/months)
                  -Antis and internet nitpickers (yes, this was used several times when SG1 was canceled. Prepare for it if/when SGA goes the same route. )
                  -Pirates and global warming!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    Excellent, another external factor to blame if when the show gets low ratings! How many are we up to now?

-Bad promo pictures
                    -Bad lead-in show
                    -Poor advertising by skiffy (untrue btw, I've seen plenty of SGA ads in the recent weeks/months)
                    -Antis and internet nitpickers (yes, this was used several times when SG1 was canceled. Prepare for it if/when SGA goes the same route. )
                    Heeee.

It's there a new movie coming out on Friday. That could also be blamed for sucky ratings.
                    sigpic
                    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Don't forget the socks! They will hit Sci Fi anytime now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't forget the socks! They will hit Sci Fi anytime now.
                        I was just going to say that! Don't forget the socks!!!

*Waves sock in air for good measure*

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          I was just going to say that! Don't forget the socks!!!

*Waves sock in air for good measure*
                          LOL!
                          sigpic

Comment

I was going to watch season 4 of atlantis even though i had my doubts but since its on at the same times as numb3rs forget it.Numb3rs is a A+ quality show.Why watch a c+ show over an A one?They cancelled stargate, it's the last season of battlestar galactica, atlantis is going down the tubes, flash gordon sucks, what does sci-fi have left?Eureka and dr.who.That's pretty much it.Sci-fi channel is going down the drain.We need to create an anti-sci-fi channel thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

-Bad promo pictures
                              -Bad lead-in show
                              Don't forget magnets.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                                I was going to watch season 4 of atlantis even though i had my doubts but since its on at the same times as numb3rs forget it.Numb3rs is a A+ quality show.Why watch a c+ show over an A one?They cancelled stargate, it's the last season of battlestar galactica, atlantis is going down the tubes, flash gordon sucks, what does sci-fi have left?Eureka and dr.who.That's pretty much it.Sci-fi channel is going down the drain.We need to create an anti-sci-fi channel thread.
                                Since I have to watch Atlantis via iTunes or Unbox download it's not a conflict for me. Don't know who'd win out if it was - Numb3rs is one of my top shows, especially after their stunning finale last year.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X