Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*crosses fingers for another ocean*
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I hope Teyla's baby won't be another Baby of Doom like Vala's Adria in SG-1 but with these TPTB I won't be surprised...
      Is it me or Season 4 is starting to look more and more like SG-1 S9...

Comment

I don't think it's you, unless we are suffering from some kind of infectous collective mental disease.

Comment

You know one thing I can say about TPTB is that they have the ability to unite their fans...on the Anti front, that is.
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

United we stand, divided we fall.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We are the Borg.... Whoops I said that before!!!

Yup, united we stand in our antiness. Hello Yappi, haven't seen you around!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                We are the Borg.... Whoops I said that before!!!

Yup, united we stand in our antiness. Hello Yappi, haven't seen you around!
                Hey Anuna! I've been lurking...been trying to think of something witty to say, but y'all have been beating me to it. The more I think of season 4, the more I want to cuddle into the Anti-couch.
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I won't go as far to say I'm 'anti' season four at this point, but I guess I am disappointed in a few things. Besides the obvious loss of characters and change in personal dynamics, I'm wondering if Sam Carter is going to run SGA and still participate in the actual missions and/or solving of problems. I can't see her playing the role of Gen.Hammond or Elizabeth Weir--which is kind of an oversight position, making some hard decisions and having a little bit of emotional 'distance' on the problem at hand. This oversight role has in the past been a person who has a slightly different viewpoint and background, and more of a larger strategic kind of mindset (win the war, not the necesarily the battle). The normal role of Sam Carter is to be in the problem up to her elbows and work on finding a solution, kind of a tactical kind of thinking (just win the battle). She's too smart a scientist to be standing back and trying to make calm rational decisions that may go against the SGA teams ideas in the heat of battle. Both ways of thinking have their importance, and I don't think one person can wear both of those hats.

My other concern is it sounds like Atlantis is going to quickly stabilize from last season's finale, which had Atlantis in the middle of nowhere, hopelessly cut off from Earth (or anywhere else familiar). With character changes and talk about a Midway station, it sound like Atlantis will be easily in touch with and in reach of Earth again.
                  I really loved Season One SGA for the fact that they were cut off from Earth, totally on their own, no help from the outside world. It really made things more intense, and it was fun to just root for them to find something like another ZPM or to get some part of the city up and running. You really worried that the Wraith would wipe them out.
                  Once they have a connection back to Earth, it really lowers the intensity level. You can always count on needed things/people showing up through the gate or even having extra firepower show up in the form of Asgard enhanced warships from Earth.
                  I was really hoping they would just be back to flailing around in a strange universe without a friend in the world like Season 1.
                  So there's my early--and probably unfounded gripe.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                    ...been trying to think of something witty to say, but y'all have been beating me to it.
                    We can be very witty indeed. That is, when we're not ranting, rambling, spouting critics, or polishing silverwork (or cleaning windows).
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post
                      My other concern is it sounds like Atlantis is going to quickly stabilize from last season's finale, which had Atlantis in the middle of nowhere, hopelessly cut off from Earth (or anywhere else familiar). With character changes and talk about a Midway station, it sound like Atlantis will be easily in touch with and in reach of Earth again.
                      I also thought Atlantis would remain stranded from Earth during season 4. Doesn't seem to be the case, though. They will probably deal with the First Strike mess in eps 1 and 2, then go back to formulaic eps.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post

Of course, when Carter allmighty is onboard, what else can you expect?

I think my windows need another cleaning session.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                          I also thought Atlantis would remain stranded from Earth during season 4. Doesn't seem to be the case, though. They will probably deal with the First Strike mess in eps 1 and 2, then go back to formulaic eps.
                          Well...having some horrible catastrophe in one episode and having it seem like it never happened in the following episode does seem to be the way TPTB like to "shake things up"
                          sigpic

Comment

Well...having some horrible catastrophe in one episode and having it seem like it never happened in the following episode does seem to be the way TPTB like to "shake things up"
                            Ahem, 'Sunday' anybody? Exactly.

Comment

Ain't that the truth. The Atlantis continuity fairy does seems to have been missing in action on occasion. Probably on a bender somewhere with logic and character development.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                                Ain't that the truth. The Atlantis continuity fairy does seems to have been missing in action on occasion. Probably on a bender somewhere with logic and character development.
                                Visiting Fordville? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X