Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    i trust my gut

and i trust that i like sam better then i like joe m, and thats saying something

i still think its all speculation..even more so if jm says it.

and at this point even the so called facts are questionable, its all about perspective
    Great post and so true.

It is all about perspecive, and I for one perceive Carter to be all over the place. If she is a supporting character as JM states, then why don't the other supporting characters like Lorne have just as large a presence in the media etc?
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

well from my perspective
      characters have always had one of four roles to fill in atlantis:
      leadership, science, combat/military, or medicine

with the exception of medicine Carter covers all three, hardly puts her in a position to be a support character.

it also totally screws the dynamics that I like.

Sheppard-Weir - when they don't really understand what Rodney's up to.
      Rodney-Zalenka - will totally be screwed by adding Carter to the mix.
      Sheppard-Rodney - teaming up to come up with a brilliant idea will surely be subsided by Carter.
      Ronon-Teyla - they will have a lot more Sheppard to contend with now that Rodney will be busy with Carter all the time.

this totally screws up Sheppard's role, maybe they should have him turn toward science or medicine to keep him in the loop, otherwise he's gonna end up a detached and useless character like Mitchell was in SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
        well from my perspective

with the exception of medicine Carter covers all three, hardly puts her in a position to be a support character.

Sheppard-Rodney - teaming up to come up with a brilliant idea will surely be subsided by Carter.
        Ronon-Teyla - they will have a lot more Sheppard to contend with now that Rodney will be busy with Carter all the time.

this totally screws up Sheppard's role, maybe they should have him turn toward science or medicine to keep him in the loop, otherwise he's gonna end up a detached and useless character like Mitchell was in SG-1.
        Maybe not! Maybe *hopes* she'll have a role similar to Hammond's on SG-1.

Comment

Oh like THAT will happen to tptb's little golden girl. *is gutted*
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
            well from my perspective

I think you'll find that Carter has the medicine bit covered too! She has even helped perform autopsies!
            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

*headdesk*

She's perfect... why do we need other characters when we have her?

*headdesk*

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                Great post and so true.

It is all about perspecive, and I for one perceive Carter to be all over the place. If she is a supporting character as JM states, then why don't the other supporting characters like Lorne have just as large a presence in the media etc?
                I have to agree that this 'over exposure' of the character is really leading to me not really caring about viewing Atlantis. I've always been a casual watcher of Atlantis but I really enjoyed the character dynamic that exists/ed. Of all the things that annoyed me about SG1 it was the skills that they kept loading on SC character, and the fact she is not accountable for anything. I now see this as unfortunately continuing into Atlantis.

As to regards to the media and the actress, perhaps this report gives insight:

http://www.lasvegascitylife.com/arti...q_15816079.txt

Smith wasn't the only one with several irons in the fire. Stargate SG-1 star Amanda Tapping and director Martin Wood were pulling triple duty, promoting the forthcoming season of Stargate Atlantis, which Tapping will now headline, plus a new line of SG-1 movies as well as their own web-only series Sanctuary.
                Whether true or not, this is the way the media view it. SG1's leading lady (SG1 being more prominent presumably because of it's longevity) is moving across to headline and be the star of that other show!

Comment

Oh great. Truly great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                    Whether true or not, this is the way the media view it. SG1's leading lady (SG1 being more prominent presumably because of it's longevity) is moving across to headline and be the star of that other show!
                    It's things like this that make us anti-S4. Most of us here appear to be folks who loved the show the way it was. Everybody in their place and all was right with the world. Now with each passing day it seems our fears are being confirmed. They are taking away characters we loved and replacing them with lesser models for whatever reason like Keller for Carson. Love Jewel, but the age thing is a deal breaker. Or replacing them with a character that they thing is all things to all people. We don't have to be logical. It's emotion based, and we just feel it isn't right.

If AT is to be the headliner, where does that leave JF? Everyone seems to think he is safe. Is he? We thought the same thing about TH a year ago.

And didn't JM or whoever say Carter was going to appear in a support "role"? That has a completely different meaning than support "character". Her job as leader is for support. It doesn't mean it will be small. I don't have a quote. Maybe I'm wrong. I just remember that phrase.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                      I think you'll find that Carter has the medicine bit covered too! She has even helped perform autopsies!

unless Rodney goes to super-genius mode again, his work will never be respected again under Carter's shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Oh like THAT will happen to tptb's little golden girl. *is gutted*
                        Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        *headdesk*

She's perfect... why do we need other characters when we have her?

*headdesk*

do i detect a hint of bitterness?

hmmm...

naw.
                        sigpic
                        thanks Erised for the sig!

Comment

in response to southern red and heaven; you are right on. carter's arrival definetly upsets the balance, not only will she be leader of atlantis, she will be the leader of the military, and if sg1 is any indication, the leader of the science aspect also. i know!! it should be The Samantha Carter Show... live, from British Columbia.

too much? yeah... probably

*lizziepuppy! growls at sampuppy!*
                          sigpic

Comment

And now Sam is a headliner... Great! I dunno about you, but I think TPTB are putting all their chips in the wrong character.
                            sigpic

Comment

yes! i know i sound like i hate carter as a character, and i dont, not really at least, i just hate that she is going to be The Character. i like the group show, hell, i might even be able to handle it with elizabeth only four episodes as long as those four episodes are elizabeth heavy and the other episodes are about the dynamics of the team. i know they said that there are going to be story arcs for all the characters, and i am excited to have teyla actually have a story and not be some xena warrior woman pegasus style, and i love ronon and would like more of his character, but this feeling, this ANTI feeling (ha!) says its going to be about carter, and shep, and maaaaaybe mckay. dont get me wrong, love me some snarky mckay, just... snarky at carter, boring and done before.

though i will say, i will stick around and watch, i am not going to turn it off because my wonderful beautiful elizabeth is not on anymore, but if they so much as think of making the shep and carter dynamic shippy at all i will throw up. literaly. all over the telly. hmm... tmi. yeah, probably. but seriously, if there is not some kind of unease between those two and everything is immediatly roses that will be the deciding factor of whether or not i watch anymore.

will not have it. you hear me!?
                              sigpic

Comment

I suspect once Dr. Weir is gone, it will be things as usual. Remember Dr. Beckett? There shall be no continuity on SGA.

*checks the calendar to see when Heroes returns*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X